Steamcream

Steamcream
SteamcreamSteamcreamSteamcreamSteamcream tins: Eau de Vie, Noir, Shu and Koku

3.8

Oatmeal Infusion (Avena sativa), Orange Flower Water (Citrus Aurantium amara, Aqua), Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Cetyl Stearyl Alcohol, *Coumarin, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, * Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Great for my husbands sensitive dry, flakey skin. He loves this as he doesn't want a greasy or feminine scented cream. Its also my Mums favorite skin cream and she has oily skin so it works for both. Its very light and absorbs quickly and makes his skin feel really soft and less red/flakey. For extra moisture he scoops out a bit onto his hand and mixes in a pump of hemp oil and this gives him extra "glow" that looks like he's just gone for a brisk walk. My Mum prefers it as is or mixed with Rosehip oil.

He uses it morning and night, and has compliments on the "freshly showered" clean lavender scent. It reminds me the GlamGlow Youthtingle Mask fragrance. I love snuggling up to him at night as I find it really relaxing and helps me get to sleep :)

He also loves the choice of tin. At the moment his favorite is the "Earth" one showing the planet earth. My Mums favorite is "Cats". They change the tins several times a year so its fun choosing them. The tins are very light and easy to open. They offer a 1oz/30 ml travel one which weighs very little and the lid stays securely screwed on.

Worldwide shipping is super easy as its just a few dollars at steamcream.co.uk . I like buying direct from them as you know you are getting the freshest batch of authentic product :)

on 9/15/2016 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Usually I'm really leery of multi tasking skincare that can be used on face and body. My experience with them tend to be thick goopy creams that felt heavy for the face. So when I received a free sample from Lookfantastic I was pleasantly surprised to find a lightweight, whipped texture in the tin. Moreover it absorbed quickly and my dry skin felt nicely soft and hydrated. It has a rather herbal scent, is all natural and made up of a bunch of oils. I experience no breakouts or irritation throughout my use (it was a 25ml tin and must have lasted me close to 2 months used twice a day). The tin may bother some but as I used a spatula to scoop out the amount to be used, I didn't mind, in fact I thought it was kinda cute (and I had a boring all silver in) in a quirky, retro way. Steamcream is not easily available where I'm at but I definitely wouldn't mind revisiting this again if I wanted to explore the vegan path!

This is my HG! It smells great, goes on and absorbs really well, and the size is handy for travelling with. My skin is pretty dry in the winter and Steamcream does the job even if I don't add any oils. It's slightly heavy for humid NYC summers, so I usually only put it on at night in the summer.

BUT: It contains propylparaben which is bad! http://www.goodguide.com/ingredients/478597-propyl-paraben-ingredient-information-reviews?category_id=152695&product_id=271556

I have to stop using it until Steamcream replaces that horrible preservative with something that doesn't cause breast cancer. C'mon Steamcream, help us out here!

on 9/30/2014 6:11:00 AM

I bought this stuff because the tins were freaking cute. All my rellies got one for Christmas. Mine has cute pink flamingos on it.

I must admit my tin is probably a few years old now - it tends to kick around in my handbag, then gets left behind when I move into a new one. The product itself has always been quite runny which isn't so much of a problem (seems to do the trick regardless of it's consistency) unless you open it when it's been upside down in your bag - then you'll have to give the edges of the tin a bit of a wipe before putting it back. This weekend is the first time in however many years that I've noticed a bit of product on the outside of the tin, but I think this is because the inside foamy lid insert came off. I don't think you really need to worry about it leaking everywhere.

But anyway, back to the product. It has quite a strong essential oil smell to it (some other reviews have said lavender scented - I personally think it's not a pure lavender smell) and absorbs reasonably well. The only real concern I have about it is that it leaves my skin quite shiney - I have combination skin (very dry cheeks/around mouth and a reasonably oily tzone) - so I cannot use this as my standard day moisturiser. It serves as my "touch up" if I am out and about and turn into a dry lizard or else if I remember I have it when I get out of a shower.

I'd totally buy it again just for the tin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always wanted to try Steamcream but couldn't find a local store that sells them. Luckily, Luxola.com had them so I ordered 4 of them (same "SHE" design) to save on on international shipping cost.

The tins they came in were very pretty. I had the same problem as what the other reviewer said: the "cream" was very runny and watery, and I spilled half of them when I opened one can. :( Very disappointed because from the reviews I read, I expected the consistency to be a heavier cream not the watery sort.

I'm now left with a half-empty can and I'm afraid that the rest of the tins would have the same result. I planned to give them to friends but not anymore. :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was fooled by all of the great reviews and wasted my money on this horrible product. The only thing cool about it is the tin. The smell reminds me of my dad's shaving cream from the 80's. It does not absorb into my skin at all. It sits on top of it making me smell like a middle aged man and feel like a sticky mess. The price is outrageous for what you get. I ordered directly from the company and it took forever to get to me in the U.S. I'm convinced the positive reviews all over the internet are from people who got freebie tins or work for the company. Do not waste your money.

on 12/10/2013 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted to love this so much after reading about it on one of my favorite beauty blogs but the scent is so overpowering that I can hardly use it.

As a handcream, it's ok for the summer but it wouldn't be my go-to during our harsh winters. I used it once on my face and my skin looked and felt great but the fragrance was too much to handle.

I don't think it's the batch I got because I ordered two different tins in two different designs and two different sizes.

After I use this up, I'll refill it with a hand cream I love.

on 10/29/2013 11:03:00 AM

I purchased mine at a Duane Reade store in NYC and I'm thinking that I must have gotten a bad batch. I assumed it had the consistency of cold cream considering the type of packaging. Wrong! As soon as I twisted the lid, the liquid contents spilled all over leaving a cute but near empty tin. It has (or at least mine has) the consistency of light cream - the kind you pour into coffee. Unless mine is just bad, the packaging makes no sense. This belongs in a pump bottle and not all over my floor.

UPDATE: I emailed the company re: my experience with their product & I must say their customer service is very good. I was told that what I had purchased was indeed "off" and asked which container I liked. Since the design that I had was out of stock I chose two others & said that I would be happy with either. I received a package from England about a week later with both inside. Awesome! The Steam Cream in these containers is fluffy, light (not runny) & I'm now loving it. I will definitely purchase more in the future-not only because I really do like it, for the stellar customer service, too!

on 1/19/2014 2:25:00 PM

I love Steam Cream - the best moisturiser I've ever used.

I'd been looking for natural moisturiser that wasn't packed full of chemicals for ages - tried several out and they were fine but didn't make a noticeable difference. For the last few months I've been taking my make up off with some hot water on a cotton wool pad and then putting on some Steam Cream (a little goes a long way!). Can't believe the difference - I'm 33 but my skin is now as good as it was in my teens. Before I used Steam Cream, it was prone to a lot of redness, dryness and quite bumpy.

In the last 3 months it's transformed to being smooth and really clear. I can't believe the difference and, despite happily trying out a range of different products in recent years, there's only one moisturiser I'll be using from now on. It's amazing. Also a fantastic handcream.

on 7/21/2014 5:23:00 AM

I made a review on video, (in resume I really liked the product):