bareMinerals Bare Minerals: Beautiful in Pearls 10-pc set

Bare Minerals: Beautiful in Pearls 10-pc set

4.3

on 12/31/2009 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased Beautiful in Pearls as the TSV on QVC. I love the kit! The colors are soft berry shades which are flattering to my skin and perfect for the office. The products have a very subtle, liminosity from the crushed pearls. The eyecolors are beautiful! Blissful Pearl is a medium sand color for the lid and Magnificent Pearl is a taupe, lavender that blends easily into the crease of the eye and wears all day. The black eyeliner blends nicely but needs an afternoon touch-up. The Precious Pearl blush is a soft berry shade which looks natural. The Sugared Strawberry lipgloss is pretty. I like it best over lipstick.The brushes, mascara and mineral veil are just OK.

If you want a soft, glowing, berry shaded look that isn't frosty or loud, then this kit is for you. For my skin tone and age, these colors are very flattering.

on 12/11/2009 5:43:00 AM

I love love love this kit. It's one of the best kits Leslie has ever done. It comes with two eye shadows one dark brown and one a light brown. mineral veil
A blush a pinky color but very pretty on. A lip color that pink but I love uy looks so pretty with my tan skin. Brand new black eye liner. Mascara and three brushes
The pearl in it makes a big differance on my skin I look flawless on glittery. I also got this kit on qvc and can't. Wait for the next three

on 11/22/2009 12:44:00 PM

I really like this kit. My fave product is the mineral veil. I disagree with the previous reviewer - I can tell the difference between this mineral veil and the original. I use the mineral veil as my finishing powder for my Georgio Armani Face Fabric foundation. Face Fabric gives a glow on it's own but with this as the finishing - wow! This veil even made my not so good Chanel foundation look pretty amazing - almost indistinguishable from the Face Fabric.

The mascara for me is just okay. I prefer my Maybelline Full n Soft because it's the only thing that really gets my curl to stay. But, I can layer this one one for extra length.

The lip color is nice and light when applied once but can be applied heavier. It's a lip gloss - so it's comperable to the staying power of most lip glosses :)

I haven't tried the blush or the eye liner because those two items are going to my mom.

on 11/18/2009 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

UPDATE: I returned this kit and canceled future shippings. I didn't see a "pearly" glow on my face from the mineral veil, so I didn't see the need to keep it for the price. Sorry, BE. Still love you, overall.
________________________________________________________

This set comes from QVC and contains crushed Honora-brand pearls in the mineral veil, the eyeshadows and blush. The set is nice, but not WOW! The pitch was that the pearls will give your face a soft glow, but I didn't see much of a difference than the original formula for mineral veil. I'll keep playing with it. The other colors are brown and purple and have a slight shimmer, but not overwhelming for daytime. Pretty, but they don't rock my world like the Sea Yourself kit did (also from QVC.) The Pearls kit also has the new Big & Bright eyeliner (black), which is small enough for tightlining. Staying power is fine, not extraordinary. The Flawless Definition Mascara is there--my HG mascara. Sugared Strawberry lip gloss is soft and pretty, but not outstanding and not a lot of staying power. The brush handles feel so light, and I'm "meh" about that. I'll get one more kit from the auto delivery, but won't get all four. Sorry for the length of this, but I like thorough reviews for kits :) .