4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Stargazer lilies on steroids. Easter lilies on PEDs. This is a typhoon of a lily without a bit of muguet. Thus, it lacks the green, crisp, summer aspect that some might expect. This is a rich, fruity, sticky, honeyed lily, and if you are sensitive to intense floral fragrances, this may make your head ache. In small doses (nano spritzes) this will be lovely. If you love the overpowering smell of spring blossoms, if sweet floral is your thing, if you won't mind attracting a bee or two, give this a shot. You will be amazed by its true to the flower fragrance. A lily hologram on your skin.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

3 years ago

This encompasses lily to a T- the petals, the dew on them, the air around them, the sweetness of them that is so intoxicating. I adore the opening to this, it makes me think of my grandmother's kitchen table on weekend mornings with her vase of fresh flowers in the center, the sun shining through her large window with a view of her garden busy yet peaceful with hummingbirds, butterflies and bees. This really embodies my grandmother in the very best way actually- and I do not mean that in the sense of it smelling like an old lady perfume by any means. The dry down earthens it a bit and you get the full effect of the flower- not only the petals, dew on them, and air around them, but the stem, the grass beneath it, the breeze that carries their sweet, beautiful aroma. It is classy, sophisticated, sweet, heavenly, soft, kind, and just pretty!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

6 years ago

Un Lys is an easy-to-wear floral fragrance that smells like true-to-life blooming lilies, then dries down to a cozy, warm, light vanilla. It stays close to my skin but lasts an entire day. My take is that it's feminine, likeable, and wearable, but not at all in an insipid or uninspired way. It's unique and would make a good "gateway" into niche perfumery--not all niche has to smell like oud and musk (or ink or glue or blood)! To me it's classy and reserved--something for brunch, not so much sexy evening out. The day I bought this, the SA had had me sniff everything vanilla in the department store. I'd already sampled and read reviews of Un Lys and WANTED to very much like it. I liked the idea of something uber feminine, soft, and sweet, plus I love the vanilla drydown. It's more floral for my usual tastes, but I went ahead and purchased. And . . . over the course of the last year, yes, I've worn it occasionally. Sometimes I very much want to wear it, sometimes it's just a whim. Usually when I wear it I enjoy the lily but miss my usual vanilla-almost Lea. It's a nice fragrance, great for floral/lily lovers, but I'm a soft skinscent vanilla girl.

About reviewer (295 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

7 years ago

I love this sweet airy fragrance! I had the strange experience of spraying it one morning in spring before going off to pick up some cattle fodder. When I got out of my truck at the farm, I was swarmed by a cloud of insects obviously mistaking me for a flower, which I took as a huge compliment! It is a very floaty lily, without the massive vanilla hit I have seen in many modern lilies even though its floralcy is probably enhanced by a dry vanilla. I would,have thought this one would have made it into the permanent exports because I see it as so light and 'pretty' compared to some of The Masters' big'uns.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

from

7 years ago

I originally purchased this fragrance for my mother, intending to request one of the Tom Ford Private Blends for myself for my upcoming birthday. However, I am somewhat shocked to admit, I have personally fallen deeply, irrevocably in love with Un Lys. When I wear it, I am instantly transported back to the carefree late spring days of my childhood, sitting amid the lush lilac bushes round the side of our house, shaded by the delicately filigreed sprays of purple flowers and gently curling dark green leaves, or kneeling gingerly in our damp flowerbed, plucking lily of the valley and fastening it into sweet strings of pearls with which to ornament my head and neck. Un Lys is sunshine, it is dew, it is honeyed lilacs and lilies kissed with a gentle, near-imperceptible hint of vanilla. If it were a color, it would be the palest, most romantic shade of lavender. If it were a piece of music, it would be "Dream a Little Dream of Me", by the Mamas & the Papas, or perhaps "Clair de Lune" by Debussy. It is Anna Karina lying in a meadow wearing a white sundress - simultaneously innocent, undeniably sensual, and heartbreakingly beautiful. In short, I am deeply in love with Un Lys.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Un Lys is my favorite Serge Lutens fragrance, and my husband loves this on me <3. A tiny spritz of Un Lys is like wearing a heavy cloak of floral, but it's a very realistic floral scent and not perfumey, sharp or soapy on me at all. It makes me feel like I'm covered in real flowers, with their honeyed sweetness and clean, breezy scent. It's a very pretty and womanly fragrance, and has more of a natural floral smell and not that chemical floral that gives me a headache. After a couple hours of wear, it has a slight, floral, green stem hint to it that I also enjoy. Very much a floral, but unique and more realistic smelling than most floral fragrances.

About reviewer (268 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

from

8 years ago

Mist lightly, although very pretty and feminine, sweet but not sickly so, it can bring on a headache like nobody's business if used carelessly. Usually, I like to apply perfume behind my ears and at the nape of my neck, but with this scent I find it best to apply behind my knees and let it waft upward. I don't think I'm going to repurchase but I will keep it and tread very lightly when using.

About reviewer (302 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

I love this scent. Beautiful, feminine,light but not too light. I will have this one always! It is very realistic and it may be too realistic for some people but I have yet to find a better lily than this one.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Firstly a big thanks to other MUA reviewers who rated this perfume, I bought this perfume based on the reviews given without smelling a sample beforehand (which considering its E130.00 shipped is a little bit stupid) the other deciding factor was it is not available in a retail shop over here so has to be ordered from Paris, which to my mind makes it that bit more special and exclusive and I would not find every Tom, Dick and Harry wearing the same perfume. I have to say that I love this perfume, it is exactly what it describes and that is an intense Lilly fragrance, I can also smell the green lushness in the dry down but generally, whilst wearing this fragrance I get lillies all day. I did not pick up the violet that others have smelt in this fragrance but I do not claim to have a sophisticated 'nose' I do get the vanilla though, in the last stages of the fragrance. This is exactly the type of fragrance that I love which is a beautiful creamy floral fragrance. I could only get this fragrance in the exclusive bottle over here which is a dab bottle, this is different for me as I have preferred to use spray fragrances for years, however I love the dab bottle as you can be more precise where you put the perfume. The only downside being you can not spray and walk into the fragrance. Would I go to such expense and hassle again to have this perfume, yes without hesitation, I could happily now live with only 2 fragrances in my life (if I really had to) and it would be this and Serge Lutens Datura noir.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

9 years ago

This may be my favorite scent of all time. It is hard to put into words how lush and lovely Un Lys is--from the first application to the final dry-down. Dizzying....heavenly....others have described it better, but for me, this is in a league all its own.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55