Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

1 review

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 9/24/2011 2:20:00 AM

This is the SECOND tube of the Dermalogica Bedtime for Breakouts tube that I have finished.

PACKAGING: Firstly, I think they changed the cap of the tube. Previously, there was a somewhat pointed opening, which was helpful because this product is viscose. The newer tube has a rounded opening, which sucks. Fortunately, I just switched the caps. The tube is great and sanitary, I rated it a 4 (new cap really sucks).

PRICE: I gave it a 5 because it is a little bit pricey and I think a tube lasts about 4 months. I bought it for...$29+tax CAD I believe.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** this product is under the wrong category. It should actually be under "TREATMENTS".

MY SKIN: Used to be perfect (except for dark circles), until I hit my second year of university and was stressed out 24/7. I began suffering from breakouts, etc. Now, I maintain relatively healthy skin with the help of an arsenal of products. This product is one of them. My skin is now: prone to acne (fyi acne is a CHRONIC condition, it'll come back if you stop treating it), prone to congestion, enlarged pores, oily in the t-zone as well as the inner cheek area, and prone to hyperpigmentation.

HOW TO USE: I never use this as a spot treatment. Instead, every night after I have washed my face with the Clarisonic, I apply this product all over my entire face. I do this every night because I'll notice more clogged pores when I don't use this product.

EFFICACY: It has definitely helped keep my skin clearer than it was before. If I don't use this for a few nights in a row, I develop more breakouts because my skin is congested. It also reduces the redness on my face. This product does not irritate my skin, which is very rare in an anti-acne treatment.

OVERALL: I have/would/will continue to REPURCHASE this product because it is effective. If you're trying this out, give it a few weeks before you discard it. It's difficult for me to understand why people stop using products that they don't think are working (I can understand if it's breaking them out, but most people here seem to stop using products after a week or 2) when acne has been affecting people for much, much longer than a few weeks. Acne is not going to just go away in a few days because of a couple of new products you've introduced into your regimen. If you've dealt with acne, most likely it's been for years. Patience can be very beneficial when dealing with acne/blemish-prone skin.

Hope this helps :)