Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 4/2/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this on eBay for about $20, and for 2oz of product, I thought it was decent for a brand name item. I've been using this for 2 months and have only gone through three quarters of it.

I have been through really bad acne. It was all over my face, especially on my cheeks and forehead (which pretty much everywhere). The pimples I got would be huge and red. In addition to that, I have super oily skin too. Yet it can flake sometimes during winter months.

When I apply this on my face, it feels really light and non-greasy. However, I don't recommend applying too much because it will peels off. I have also noticed that it somewhat controls the oil on my face. I don't wake up in the morning with oil all over my face like I always did. My skin feels softer and less inflaming. However, the reason I only give this 4 lippies because I don't think it completely controls my breakout. I still get breakout, just not as severe-looking as it was.

Oh, one side note, at first I used it as a moisturizer. After a while, I did not only want to treat my acne but also wanted to improve my skin texture, so I started to use derma e c-lipoic after applying this. My skin has been improving a lot in the past few weeks.

on 6/22/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have been stressing out over my upcoming convocation and my europe trip the week after... and whenever i stress, my face breaks out, especially on the tip of my nose and my chin. i searched online for remedies on how to get rid of a new red painful pimple and on one of the sites a girl mentioned dermalogica. she specifically mentioned another product: clearing mattifier. but i had no clue where to purchase it in town and i needed something asap. i went to sephora to purchase last minute products for my trip and stumbled upon the clean start set! i chose this product over the others since it had so many rave reviews on this site... AND OMG! I'M LOVING THIS SO FAR! i've been using it for the past couple of nights and have already seen improvements in my skin after the first night. the huge red pimple on my nose was less swollen and the redness reduced quite a bit, still visible tho. also the little marks from previous pimples faded a bit.
... but what really got me happened this morning! i woke up and noticed that not only did it continue fighting my stress pimples, but that it also reduced the large black pores on my nose! i never used a product that ever did that! and because i focused the gel-like substance on the tip and not the bridge of my nose, i was able to compare my skin before and after use of the product!

so... all in all, just after a couple of uses, i have fallen head over heels for dermalogica! and i must say that it works much better than proactiv!