Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

3.8

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

This product made my skin kind of red, irritated, dry and caused a few break outs.
My skin is pretty clear and healthy at the moment, I have been looking for some insurance.... a night moisturizer to keep my skin on track ect. This was not the ticket.
I used this product for about 4-5 nights, I thought maybe my skin just needed a few nights to get use to it ect. There was no improvement and my skin was better before usage. So I think I was sensitive or allergic to an ingredient, I had never used anything with salicylic acid before so that might have been responsible for the havoc?
But..... I tried one other product from the clean start line and I do like the ready, set, srcub. I have used it every other day for 8 days and so far so good, it's cooling, makes the skin feel clean and polished.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff! Clears up my blemishes wonderfully overnight. It's not an overnight miracle-worker, but it's been the only product to work on clearing my skin so well that I've bought so far! I plan on buying the full size as soon as I finish my sample size.

I'm not sure about this one, i have the entire line but i can't actually tell you if this is helping or if its just on top of all the rest. It does get rid of redness and i dont wake up with any sore pimples. So i guess it is working, i've noticed my acne scars fading but that could be because almost all of these products contain a citrus of some sort. So i'm really not sure if i love this but i love how my skin feels right now so i'll keep using this.

I got this in the starter kit, i'm not sure if the packaging is better in the full size but this thing leaks and the price isn't what i really want to be paying.

I've been looking for a replacement for the Neutrogena Clear Pore nighttime gel for years and this seems to be it. It has the same ingredients plus a lot more plant extracts and although I've not been using it for that long, has really good results in making my skin look clearer and drying up existing blemishes. I have dry skin and am not a teen, but find salicylic acid products really beneficial for removing the dry layer that can clog my skin. The consistency is quite thin and it dries quickly, I put a moisturiser on over the top. Only problem would be that you have to be careful opening the tube as it's thin, so it can squirt out. But otherwise great, another Dermalogica find.

on 12/11/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is still my favorite night time moisturizer after many years. It is very hydrating but never oily feeling, and always my saving grace when I screw up my skin with another new product. I put it on at night and add a few drops of Burt's Bees Ageless Oil during the winter months when I am alternating retin-A and glycolic. If I fall asleep before this last step in my nightly routine, my skin just doesn't have that supple, moist feeling in the morning. I can tell at my first look in the mirror because I don't have that even toned clarity from being properly moisturized. I have tried so many and have my favorites, particularly the AGE Interrupter, but Intensive Moisture Balance is my favorite night time moisturizer. There are countless nutrient rich ingredients in this formulation. The scent is somewhat medicinal to me but not perfumey or overpowering.