Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

4.6

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The pricetag is not bad considering the small bottles always last me forever.
I use this every night after cleansing and it's great. It has significantly reduced my breakouts! Instead of having frequent breakouts, I get the odd spot every now and again. It's like it keeps all your bad skin at bay then gets it all out in one blemish.
The smell isn't overpowering and it dries quickly so you can slap it on just before bed. Doesn't feel greasy or oily in the morning either.
Great product and will continue to use.

UPDATE: It has been about 4 months since I have run out of this product and not repurchased, I'm not seeing much difference. I still get a few spots and clogged pores. I'm starting to debate if the Dermalogica serum was helping at all. I am tempted to repurchase this again because I have blocked pores that no matter what products I use, I cannot get rid of them and I like using a product with salicylic acid.
May repurchase but I'm starting to think my skin is actually ok without this stuff.

on 9/24/2011 2:20:00 AM

This is the SECOND tube of the Dermalogica Bedtime for Breakouts tube that I have finished.

PACKAGING: Firstly, I think they changed the cap of the tube. Previously, there was a somewhat pointed opening, which was helpful because this product is viscose. The newer tube has a rounded opening, which sucks. Fortunately, I just switched the caps. The tube is great and sanitary, I rated it a 4 (new cap really sucks).

PRICE: I gave it a 5 because it is a little bit pricey and I think a tube lasts about 4 months. I bought it for...$29+tax CAD I believe.

**IMPORTANT NOTE** this product is under the wrong category. It should actually be under "TREATMENTS".

MY SKIN: Used to be perfect (except for dark circles), until I hit my second year of university and was stressed out 24/7. I began suffering from breakouts, etc. Now, I maintain relatively healthy skin with the help of an arsenal of products. This product is one of them. My skin is now: prone to acne (fyi acne is a CHRONIC condition, it'll come back if you stop treating it), prone to congestion, enlarged pores, oily in the t-zone as well as the inner cheek area, and prone to hyperpigmentation.

HOW TO USE: I never use this as a spot treatment. Instead, every night after I have washed my face with the Clarisonic, I apply this product all over my entire face. I do this every night because I'll notice more clogged pores when I don't use this product.

EFFICACY: It has definitely helped keep my skin clearer than it was before. If I don't use this for a few nights in a row, I develop more breakouts because my skin is congested. It also reduces the redness on my face. This product does not irritate my skin, which is very rare in an anti-acne treatment.

OVERALL: I have/would/will continue to REPURCHASE this product because it is effective. If you're trying this out, give it a few weeks before you discard it. It's difficult for me to understand why people stop using products that they don't think are working (I can understand if it's breaking them out, but most people here seem to stop using products after a week or 2) when acne has been affecting people for much, much longer than a few weeks. Acne is not going to just go away in a few days because of a couple of new products you've introduced into your regimen. If you've dealt with acne, most likely it's been for years. Patience can be very beneficial when dealing with acne/blemish-prone skin.

Hope this helps :)

This stuff is a little pricey, but is totally worth it. After 2 weeks, it has significantly helped my skin, and I like it even better than Medibac, plus it is cheaper! woo hoo!
I like the cucumber smell, and so far it hasn't dried my skin out. A keeper for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this stuff! Clears up my blemishes wonderfully overnight. It's not an overnight miracle-worker, but it's been the only product to work on clearing my skin so well that I've bought so far! I plan on buying the full size as soon as I finish my sample size.

on 9/11/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product as part of the Clean Start kit. It is a clear gel and it gets absorbed into your skin quickly. I didn't find this as great as other reviewers had said. I had hoped for this to work miracles on my skin to clear my skin up but I don't think it helped. It didn't break my skin out either. So it just felt like it didn't do much, apart from providing some sort of hydration for my skin overnight. I may buy it again if it is on offer. But maybe not, since it didn't help my skin...

on 6/22/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have been stressing out over my upcoming convocation and my europe trip the week after... and whenever i stress, my face breaks out, especially on the tip of my nose and my chin. i searched online for remedies on how to get rid of a new red painful pimple and on one of the sites a girl mentioned dermalogica. she specifically mentioned another product: clearing mattifier. but i had no clue where to purchase it in town and i needed something asap. i went to sephora to purchase last minute products for my trip and stumbled upon the clean start set! i chose this product over the others since it had so many rave reviews on this site... AND OMG! I'M LOVING THIS SO FAR! i've been using it for the past couple of nights and have already seen improvements in my skin after the first night. the huge red pimple on my nose was less swollen and the redness reduced quite a bit, still visible tho. also the little marks from previous pimples faded a bit.
... but what really got me happened this morning! i woke up and noticed that not only did it continue fighting my stress pimples, but that it also reduced the large black pores on my nose! i never used a product that ever did that! and because i focused the gel-like substance on the tip and not the bridge of my nose, i was able to compare my skin before and after use of the product!

so... all in all, just after a couple of uses, i have fallen head over heels for dermalogica! and i must say that it works much better than proactiv!

on 4/11/2010 7:00:00 PM

I received this as a sample from a sephora kit.

So far, I love this stuff! It smells fantastic, not medecine-y whatsoever. It helps in reducing my chances of breakouts and has reduced the amounts of pimples that I have gotten.

When I run out of the little packet that I have. I will definitely be buying the large tube. From what I saw in sephora it was $30 CDN. Pricey yes, but so worth it.