Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 5/4/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for about 1-2 months now and my skin has only become worse. I apply it every night and when i wake up, the areas where i applied it, are red but the blemishes are still there. Wouldnt recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

With in the first use of this product on my chin and forehead (i get hormonal spots on my chin and the off spot on my forehead), the spots had minimised dramatically! I love this product and recommend to everyone who suffer with breakouts. Even smells nice too!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The pricetag is not bad considering the small bottles always last me forever.
I use this every night after cleansing and it's great. It has significantly reduced my breakouts! Instead of having frequent breakouts, I get the odd spot every now and again. It's like it keeps all your bad skin at bay then gets it all out in one blemish.
The smell isn't overpowering and it dries quickly so you can slap it on just before bed. Doesn't feel greasy or oily in the morning either.
Great product and will continue to use.

UPDATE: It has been about 4 months since I have run out of this product and not repurchased, I'm not seeing much difference. I still get a few spots and clogged pores. I'm starting to debate if the Dermalogica serum was helping at all. I am tempted to repurchase this again because I have blocked pores that no matter what products I use, I cannot get rid of them and I like using a product with salicylic acid.
May repurchase but I'm starting to think my skin is actually ok without this stuff.

This product made my skin kind of red, irritated, dry and caused a few break outs.
My skin is pretty clear and healthy at the moment, I have been looking for some insurance.... a night moisturizer to keep my skin on track ect. This was not the ticket.
I used this product for about 4-5 nights, I thought maybe my skin just needed a few nights to get use to it ect. There was no improvement and my skin was better before usage. So I think I was sensitive or allergic to an ingredient, I had never used anything with salicylic acid before so that might have been responsible for the havoc?
But..... I tried one other product from the clean start line and I do like the ready, set, srcub. I have used it every other day for 8 days and so far so good, it's cooling, makes the skin feel clean and polished.

Big no, no for moi! Haha, I don't like this product at all. It's meant for a spot treatment and in no way did it dry out my pimple, it actually seemed to moisturize it more and it didn't do anything for my face.

on 6/21/2011 7:10:00 AM

I'm not sure if this is a moisturizer or a treatment.
If it's a treatment, then I guess it just doesn't work for me. Because I'm not seeing any dramatic results. There are other spot treatments that were more effective for me than this one.
If it is a moisturizer, then it's good for oily/acne prone skin. Lightweight, easily absorbed, and it has helpful ingredients like salicylic acid. Having combination/mostly oily and acne prone skin has made me shy away from moisturizers, but this one hasn't done any harm, so I'll keep using it until I run out and see if my skin 'needs' it.

I'm not sure about this one, i have the entire line but i can't actually tell you if this is helping or if its just on top of all the rest. It does get rid of redness and i dont wake up with any sore pimples. So i guess it is working, i've noticed my acne scars fading but that could be because almost all of these products contain a citrus of some sort. So i'm really not sure if i love this but i love how my skin feels right now so i'll keep using this.

I got this in the starter kit, i'm not sure if the packaging is better in the full size but this thing leaks and the price isn't what i really want to be paying.

on 11/24/2010 7:07:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff. When i wake up the morning after putting this on, my skin looks smoother and less red. It does also help with acne. Its a bit expensive, but definitely worth a try for anyone with acne or redness.

on 9/11/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this product as part of the Clean Start kit. It is a clear gel and it gets absorbed into your skin quickly. I didn't find this as great as other reviewers had said. I had hoped for this to work miracles on my skin to clear my skin up but I don't think it helped. It didn't break my skin out either. So it just felt like it didn't do much, apart from providing some sort of hydration for my skin overnight. I may buy it again if it is on offer. But maybe not, since it didn't help my skin...

on 4/11/2010 7:00:00 PM

I received this as a sample from a sephora kit.

So far, I love this stuff! It smells fantastic, not medecine-y whatsoever. It helps in reducing my chances of breakouts and has reduced the amounts of pimples that I have gotten.

When I run out of the little packet that I have. I will definitely be buying the large tube. From what I saw in sephora it was $30 CDN. Pricey yes, but so worth it.