Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

on 5/4/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for about 1-2 months now and my skin has only become worse. I apply it every night and when i wake up, the areas where i applied it, are red but the blemishes are still there. Wouldnt recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The pricetag is not bad considering the small bottles always last me forever.
I use this every night after cleansing and it's great. It has significantly reduced my breakouts! Instead of having frequent breakouts, I get the odd spot every now and again. It's like it keeps all your bad skin at bay then gets it all out in one blemish.
The smell isn't overpowering and it dries quickly so you can slap it on just before bed. Doesn't feel greasy or oily in the morning either.
Great product and will continue to use.

UPDATE: It has been about 4 months since I have run out of this product and not repurchased, I'm not seeing much difference. I still get a few spots and clogged pores. I'm starting to debate if the Dermalogica serum was helping at all. I am tempted to repurchase this again because I have blocked pores that no matter what products I use, I cannot get rid of them and I like using a product with salicylic acid.
May repurchase but I'm starting to think my skin is actually ok without this stuff.

on 6/22/2010 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

i have been stressing out over my upcoming convocation and my europe trip the week after... and whenever i stress, my face breaks out, especially on the tip of my nose and my chin. i searched online for remedies on how to get rid of a new red painful pimple and on one of the sites a girl mentioned dermalogica. she specifically mentioned another product: clearing mattifier. but i had no clue where to purchase it in town and i needed something asap. i went to sephora to purchase last minute products for my trip and stumbled upon the clean start set! i chose this product over the others since it had so many rave reviews on this site... AND OMG! I'M LOVING THIS SO FAR! i've been using it for the past couple of nights and have already seen improvements in my skin after the first night. the huge red pimple on my nose was less swollen and the redness reduced quite a bit, still visible tho. also the little marks from previous pimples faded a bit.
... but what really got me happened this morning! i woke up and noticed that not only did it continue fighting my stress pimples, but that it also reduced the large black pores on my nose! i never used a product that ever did that! and because i focused the gel-like substance on the tip and not the bridge of my nose, i was able to compare my skin before and after use of the product!

so... all in all, just after a couple of uses, i have fallen head over heels for dermalogica! and i must say that it works much better than proactiv!