Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

Filtered by age: 30-35
Dermalogica Clean Start Bedtime for Breakouts

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water (Aqua), Salicylic Acid, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Porphyra Umbilicalis Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Glycerin, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Yeast Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Biotin, Panthenol, Caffeine, Niacinamide, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Camphor, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Sebacic Acid, 1, 10- Decanediol, Nordihydroguaiaretic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polysorbate 20, Dipropylene Glycol Isoceteth-20 Acetate, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Benzyl PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Zinc Gluconate, Zinc Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Another Dermalogica product that gave me angry red skin. I've used other 2% Salicylic Acid treatments without incident, so I'm not sure what the issue is here. I would advise to buy the trial size of Dermalogica products before you commit to a full size bottle. They are very pricey and there is no way to tell which are going to work out,

on 6/21/2011 7:10:00 AM

I'm not sure if this is a moisturizer or a treatment.
If it's a treatment, then I guess it just doesn't work for me. Because I'm not seeing any dramatic results. There are other spot treatments that were more effective for me than this one.
If it is a moisturizer, then it's good for oily/acne prone skin. Lightweight, easily absorbed, and it has helpful ingredients like salicylic acid. Having combination/mostly oily and acne prone skin has made me shy away from moisturizers, but this one hasn't done any harm, so I'll keep using it until I run out and see if my skin 'needs' it.

on 3/6/2011 2:35:00 PM

In the beginning I really loved this product. It kept me about 95 percent acne free and whatever pimples came up were small. Also it is pretty cheap for the huge amount of product you get. Sadly after 6 months it stopped working and I was left with a pretty bad TOTM outbreak. Still it worked pretty well when it worked and was very gentle on my skin so I'd recommend.

I've been looking for a replacement for the Neutrogena Clear Pore nighttime gel for years and this seems to be it. It has the same ingredients plus a lot more plant extracts and although I've not been using it for that long, has really good results in making my skin look clearer and drying up existing blemishes. I have dry skin and am not a teen, but find salicylic acid products really beneficial for removing the dry layer that can clog my skin. The consistency is quite thin and it dries quickly, I put a moisturiser on over the top. Only problem would be that you have to be careful opening the tube as it's thin, so it can squirt out. But otherwise great, another Dermalogica find.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a great BHA product. It doesn't dry out the face, but clarifies it gently. I always wake up to brighter, cleaner skin after using it. definitely reduces the chances of breaking out, though something stronger is needed if there are already pimples.