e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Infused Face Primer

e.l.f. Cosmetics Mineral Infused Face Primer
Mineral Infused Face PrimerEnter TitleEnter TitleMineral Infused Face Primer

3.5

0.47 fl.oz./14mLCyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, PhenoxyethanolMay Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Tin Oxide (CI 77861)

on 4/5/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

This primer works good. My pores appear slightly smaller and my skin appears a little smoother. And it's fragrance free which I love.

on 1/28/2018 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Goes on super smooth, fills in my pores and holds back the oil tide on my face quite well.
Strange thing to note, the first part of the first pump of the day tends to go weird and pill on my face, so I squirt that teeny little first bit down the drain, and then it's perfect. It's a bit wasteful, but it's so cheap and lasts for quite awhile.

on 12/10/2017 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Feels very silky and smooth on the face. It seems like it mattifies and fills in pores but that does not in fact happen. You get very little product compared to what it looks like.

on 11/16/2017 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I got this primer in the clear option, and it's a silicone-based primer, so I expected it to do something for oil control. However, it didn't. It made my makeup go on smoother, but it didn't help with the overall staying power, and by the end of the day, my face is still as oily as it would have been had I not used a primer. The packaging is kind of cheap, and I didn't really find that it did anything other than make my foundation go on smoother. If that's all you care about, I would recommend, but if you're looking for staying power, I would steer clear of this primer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This primer isn't great, but isn't bad. It's my daily use primer just because it's cheaper but it really isn't all that. The packing is plain and boring which isn't a big deal but I definitely think they could put some effort into making it look a little more appealing. The product itself, it's alright. It's pretty thick and when I use it I have to kind of use a lot because, a little bit of product won't spread evenly across my face. Which brings me to my next point, The fact that you have to use a lot for it to be even is a big downer because there's not that much product in the bottle so after a few uses it'll be empty. The plus side is when it's on the face it feels nice and smooth and does what it needs to. It primes your face and foundation goes on nicely, but like I said in the beginning of the review it's alright. I'll keep buying it because it's not expensive and gets the job done but this is not anything special at all.

This is deceptive. The packaging is 0.5oz for $6USD. So most products are 1.0oz. So you are paying $12 for 1oz on par w L'Oréal or Physicians Formula, more expensive than Rimmel, Maybelline or CoverGirl Outlast. The bottle feels substantial & has a nice hygienic pump. So I feel gypped paying $6 for 0.5oz they don't need to make the bottle look bigger than it is. ELF is cruelty free which is awesome. Easily available at the DS's that sells ELF. I would buy again. ELF has the best DS primers i can't be too mad at them for their deceptive trickery. It protects the bottle if you drop it it won't shatter. My fave is the elf illuminating "radiant" primer but I like this one. I keep buying it lol. It makes my makeup much better! So will definitely repurchase. I get mine at Kroger.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have extremely oily, acne prone skin. One advantage of this primer is that it never broke me out. The price is cheap, but as for the packaging even though it seems that it's filled entirely, there is a little cylinder in the container that takes away from the formula size. Now on to actual priming effect:
-no breakouts
However as far as oil control and makeup longevity go, i've had different results with different foundations...sometimes my face looked average(but never great) sometimes i sported a cake face. So i guess it ultimately depends on trial and error. But i have to say I didn't see a significant, beneficial effect on my face. I will not repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a VERY siliconey primer and sadly for me, not one that suits my skin type (combo/hyper-sensitive). I was worried about putting this on my face because of that reason, as I've had bad experiences with silicone-based primers in the past. And although nothing bad happened, nothing good did either.

I applied this mainly to my t-zone, as that's where I get the oiliest, with a little extra on my cheeks to help even things out. It applied very smoothly, but definitely had that classic silicone feel to it as it was going on. The best way I can describe it is like applying a layer of thick grease, which makes my skin feel like it can't 'breathe' properly. It's not a feeling I like particularly, as I always worry that it'll make me break out.

It didn't have any discernible scent to it, which I prefer. There was a slight 'something' to it, but I can't really put my finger on exactly what. It wasn't offensive though and didn't seem to linger after application, so I guess that's one thing in its favour.

I can't say this either helped or hindered my makeup application; I certainly didn't notice any profound changes either way. As for helping to even out pores and fine lines, it did neither. As the day wore on, I definitely noticed that my skin was feeling A LOT greasier than usual and the foundation on my forehead and chin went patchy after about 4 hours, which is something I don't usually experience. So basically it didn't do any of the things E.L.F. claim on their website it's designed for - combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines.

I got this as a sample with an online order I placed and I'm glad I did, as I definitely wouldn't pay out £12.50 for the full-sized version. I've yet to find my HG primer, but I can confidently say this isn't it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This felt really heavy on my face, even heavier than my foundation, and it made everything else go on cakey. I see no benefit whatsoever to this primer, and it's not even a good deal for the amount you get (don't be fooled by the packaging).

on 3/14/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received this as a sample and tried it this morning; I must say that I'm absolutely loving this item and will surely purchase it in my next ELF haul. The texture is perfectly silky and glides onto my pre-moisturised, combination skin perfectly. My BB cream looks flawless and it really looks as though I took a lot of time to get my face just right when it honestly took me a grand total of 5 minutes.
I usually use the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer... not because it works great, but because it was bloody expensive and I don't want to waste it. Believe it or not, ELF just beat Smashbox and I think I've found my new HG primer!