E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer

E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer
Mineral Infused Face PrimerEnter TitleEnter TitleMineral Infused Face Primer

3.5

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first primer I ever got and I'm loving it since I started to use it. It is really soft and makes me look like I got this cool Snapchat filter on my face (I mean, I look flawless haha). It has made my make up stay longer on my face and keeps me a little bit more matt than usually.

on 1/4/2017 12:41:00 PM

This product is so bad! This is one on the first primer i've ever bought, and I was so excited to try it. I didn't know a lot about make up when I first bought this.

When I first opent it, I tried it in my hand and it felt so soft! But then I smelt it and it was horrible. It smells so chemical! I tried it on my face a couple of times and my skin started to break out so much that I just threw it away. There are a lot cheaper primers on the market that are doing a way better job

on 11/13/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's horrible. It gave me cystic acne. And the cost was really high (arround $14). Never again!

on 10/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

On my combo skin, this works very well. Love the price point! Caution - you won't know you have run out of product until you do (unless you open the bottle) - good thing I had a spare bottle on hand since one morning, I pumped and NOTHING came out. Unscrewed the lid and the bottle was EMPTY, so you do get all product out through the pump, which is good, but be prepared w/ a back up or check your bottle occasionally.

I have used w/ liquid and powder foundation. It fills in any fine lines nicely and doesn't emphasize any small dry patches. No breakouts. No discernible smell for me. Not a super effective oil preventer, but only my nose gets a bit shiny mid day.

Does it prolong my MU? Unknown because I ALWAYS use a setting spray as my last step regardless of what products I have put on before.

Have already re-purchased.

02/22/17 update: The amount you get is very small (container is kind of a nesting thing - smaller bottle inside bigger bottle which is annoying, but I still will continue to repurchase.

on 10/21/2016 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to try this primer based on the fact that it had a rating of 2 on Think Dirty app. Much cleaner than my beloved Rimmel stay matte primer. Unfortunately, it made my face a little bit too oily. I have pretty oily skin, so I had high hopes that it could perform as well as my Rimmel primer, but it doesn't. May work for you. I have read reviews on here with people who have oily skin and works for them. It's probably a particular ingredient that my skin doesn't like and is reacting by creating more oil. For the next person, they may be totally fine. We are all unique. At such a cheap price, it doesn't hurt to try this primer. It feels like the Bare Minerals prime time primer. Very silky, but Bare Minerals keeps the oil away just a bit better than the Elf. I won't be buying this primer again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this primer. It is my favorite at its price point. It makes your skin matte looking, yet doesn't dry it out- it makes your scaly dry patches lay flat so makeup can glide smoothly over it. Also, it provides a layer so your foundation will not sink into your skin. It does its job nicely.

Honestly, I'm cheap when it comes to makeup because I don't wear a lot of it.
ELF is a great beginners brand cause it's not super expensive and the quality is pretty good. I will say that their colour primers don't really do anything but I love that I can use a little bit and have it cover my entire face. I normally only use a bit under my eyes for my concealer but if I'm going to a fancier event and want to use a BB cream I can use it everywhere (I do apply BB cream like foundation).

on 9/17/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had lost hope of ever finding a primer that would work on my oily skin. Like others, I thought for the price it's no big loss if it doesn't work. I have used bare minerals, smashbox, lancome, benefit, etc. Nothing was a match for my oily skin. Until now. This little $6 powerhouse has me astounded. Now, it may work "in tandem" with my other products but IT WORKED! I cleansed, applied my light moisturizer, then ELF primer, then L'Oréal Infallible foundation for oily skin, and set it with powder. (I was going to a concert indoors in a small, poorly ventilated venue). My makeup stayed all night!!! Normally when I try that regimen above, it doesn't matter. My makeup melts right off. Try incorporating this into your routine. I read another review where someone had an allergic reaction, so be careful as always, but I am telling the world about this! I'm just so happy. Nothing else has ever worked for me! Thanks, E.L.F!!

on 6/18/2016 8:05:00 AM

On a budget? You can look into this primer.

I got the original primer - with no colour.

Background info: oily combo, slightly sensitive skin user, acne / blemish prone skin type. prefers wearing full faced makeup. living in sub tropical conditions - hot and humid most of the time, ranging 91.4°F on an average day.

Pros:
+ comes with a pump
+ does mattify the face
+ lightweight
+ easy to smooth out and blend
+ reduces appearance of pores
+ affordable price range
+ does not break me out

Cons:
- ingredients used: this is silicone based, however there are artificial vs natural kinds of silicone. artificial ones usually break me out. i have thrown away the box packaging so i'm not sure if its real silicone, but i HIGHLY doubt so since its so cheap.

- pump doesn't work as good after using it for some time.

Overall this primer is ok - it does do what it says. With this primer, dewy foundations that i use can last me about an average 6-8 hours with no touch ups. Doesn't break me out after using it for some time.

This is good enough for people who are really new / interested in makeup but on a budget. You pay for the price so don't expect it to be some revolutionary product.

However i do want to explore high end primers from other brands who have some kind of skin care added benefits. That doesn't mean i don't love the primer - it just falls into the "meh" range for me. So i wouldn't repurchase.

Hope this helps!

on 6/16/2016 11:16:00 PM

I bought this when I first started my makeup collection because i only had a sample of the Benefit Porefessional that i was obsessed with, but didnt want to use all of it. So i needed something to use every day, and i found this while waiting in line at a store i dont remember the name of.

It was so cheap that if i didnt like it, it wouldnt have mattered. Thats the good thing about E.L.F., that you wont feel like you have to return it because it didnt cost you that much... and half the time, you're not disappointed.

Not me, anyway. I can't say that i was disappointed with this product. It is a little too "silicone-y" for my liking, and makes my face feel cakey after a few hours, almost like my skin isn't breathing (I know some makeup doesnt allow your skin to breathe... but I dont want to FEEL it...)

Annnnnyway, it's definitely a go-to primer when I'm just playing around with my makeup, but if i know im going to be out for a while and not be able to touch up my foundation, I'll use a little better one. It's easy to use because of the pump which i looooove, and it spreads really nicely. I would probably buy again.