E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer

E.L.F. Mineral Infused Face Primer
Mineral Infused Face PrimerEnter TitleEnter TitleMineral Infused Face Primer

3.5

Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 3/14/2017 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I received this as a sample and tried it this morning; I must say that I'm absolutely loving this item and will surely purchase it in my next ELF haul. The texture is perfectly silky and glides onto my pre-moisturised, combination skin perfectly. My BB cream looks flawless and it really looks as though I took a lot of time to get my face just right when it honestly took me a grand total of 5 minutes.
I usually use the Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer... not because it works great, but because it was bloody expensive and I don't want to waste it. Believe it or not, ELF just beat Smashbox and I think I've found my new HG primer!

on 3/14/2017 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA a week later: I tried this again all over my face (instead of just my forehead) - this is GREAT for the first hour (it blurred my skin, I looked 10 years younger and fresher) but by 9AM, I became a greasy mess. I have oily skin from topical BP treatment and I really want to find a primer that can help subdue my oiliness so I can wear concealer and tinted moisturizer/foundation. This is not it. Bummer. Pros: didn't break me out, no smells, very smooth.

---------------------------------

I just tried a sample of this primer out this morning (got a sample from ELF) and I was really excited to try it because I had been debating about trying a primer in my makeup routine, and the mineral primer was the most popular of all the ELF primers. I got the clear as a sample, which was the one I wanted to try.

I didn't find that it had any smell, and since I have super sensitive skin, I only applied a little to my forehead area to test it out - since that is also the area on my face that I have issues with for my makeup creasing, settling into a deep wrinkle in the middle of my forehead and powder tends to gather and dry out there.

The texture of this is amazing - it was like silk. It glided on nicely over my moisturizer, but I could tell right away there was a little bit of powdery "slip" to this - which looking at the ingredients - its the silica. Silica works fine on my face, but only as a powder to mattify my face. I applied this to my forehead - noticed it did dull/blur my forehead a bit, but once I went to put on my tinted moisturizer/concealer like I normally do (with a damp BB) I was disappointed to find that everything gathered in my wrinkles on my forehead (worse than normal, actually) and my forehead was looking dry already. I believe this is from the silca, which in powder form, can overdry out my skin.

Since my forehead is really the only place I have issues with makeup creasing - and this didn't work at all - I won't be using again, mostly because it didn't work at all for my wrinkles and I'm nervous about breaking out from a primer on my skin. I am going to see how it does throughout the day with keeping my forehead matte - but I noticed that about 10 minutes after finishing my face - my forehead looked shiny already, so I don't have high hopes. Glad I was able to try it as sample before buying.

ETA: No, it didn't keep me shine free even 4 hours into my day. So this is one I'd skip.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first primer I ever got and I'm loving it since I started to use it. It is really soft and makes me look like I got this cool Snapchat filter on my face (I mean, I look flawless haha). It has made my make up stay longer on my face and keeps me a little bit more matt than usually.

on 1/4/2017 12:41:00 PM

This product is so bad! This is one on the first primer i've ever bought, and I was so excited to try it. I didn't know a lot about make up when I first bought this.

When I first opent it, I tried it in my hand and it felt so soft! But then I smelt it and it was horrible. It smells so chemical! I tried it on my face a couple of times and my skin started to break out so much that I just threw it away. There are a lot cheaper primers on the market that are doing a way better job

on 11/13/2016 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's horrible. It gave me cystic acne. And the cost was really high (arround $14). Never again!

on 10/28/2016 12:29:00 PM

On my combo skin, this works very well. Love the price point! Caution - you won't know you have run out of product until you do (unless you open the bottle) - good thing I had a spare bottle on hand since one morning, I pumped and NOTHING came out. Unscrewed the lid and the bottle was EMPTY, so you do get all product out through the pump, which is good, but be prepared w/ a back up or check your bottle occasionally.

I have used w/ liquid and powder foundation. It fills in any fine lines nicely and doesn't emphasize any small dry patches. No breakouts. No discernible smell for me. Not a super effective oil preventer, but only my nose gets a bit shiny mid day.

Does it prolong my MU? Unknown because I ALWAYS use a setting spray as my last step regardless of what products I have put on before.

Have already re-purchased.

02/22/17 update: The amount you get is very small (container is kind of a nesting thing - smaller bottle inside bigger bottle which is annoying, but I still will continue to repurchase.

on 10/21/2016 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to try this primer based on the fact that it had a rating of 2 on Think Dirty app. Much cleaner than my beloved Rimmel stay matte primer. Unfortunately, it made my face a little bit too oily. I have pretty oily skin, so I had high hopes that it could perform as well as my Rimmel primer, but it doesn't. May work for you. I have read reviews on here with people who have oily skin and works for them. It's probably a particular ingredient that my skin doesn't like and is reacting by creating more oil. For the next person, they may be totally fine. We are all unique. At such a cheap price, it doesn't hurt to try this primer. It feels like the Bare Minerals prime time primer. Very silky, but Bare Minerals keeps the oil away just a bit better than the Elf. I won't be buying this primer again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this primer. It is my favorite at its price point. It makes your skin matte looking, yet doesn't dry it out- it makes your scaly dry patches lay flat so makeup can glide smoothly over it. Also, it provides a layer so your foundation will not sink into your skin. It does its job nicely.

Honestly, I'm cheap when it comes to makeup because I don't wear a lot of it.
ELF is a great beginners brand cause it's not super expensive and the quality is pretty good. I will say that their colour primers don't really do anything but I love that I can use a little bit and have it cover my entire face. I normally only use a bit under my eyes for my concealer but if I'm going to a fancier event and want to use a BB cream I can use it everywhere (I do apply BB cream like foundation).

on 9/17/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had lost hope of ever finding a primer that would work on my oily skin. Like others, I thought for the price it's no big loss if it doesn't work. I have used bare minerals, smashbox, lancome, benefit, etc. Nothing was a match for my oily skin. Until now. This little $6 powerhouse has me astounded. Now, it may work "in tandem" with my other products but IT WORKED! I cleansed, applied my light moisturizer, then ELF primer, then L'Oréal Infallible foundation for oily skin, and set it with powder. (I was going to a concert indoors in a small, poorly ventilated venue). My makeup stayed all night!!! Normally when I try that regimen above, it doesn't matter. My makeup melts right off. Try incorporating this into your routine. I read another review where someone had an allergic reaction, so be careful as always, but I am telling the world about this! I'm just so happy. Nothing else has ever worked for me! Thanks, E.L.F!!