Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)
Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

adapalene (0.1%) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%)

on 11/18/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm one week into Epiduo forte. I was on it years ago but wasn't diligent about it. This time, I will see it through! It's the holidays and I'll have a lot of time off so I can hide away! Week 1: the first day it was really burning under my eyes even though I didn't put it under my eyes. I think I have my routine ironed out. In the AM I wash with cerave foaming wash, cerave PM moisturizer (yes for the AM) and slather coconut oil on. In the am it gets pretty flaky but nothing I can't really cover up. At night I remove my makeup with cleansing water, clarisonic with cerave foaming wash, pm cerave moisturizer, wait 15 min , pea sized Epiduo and then coconut oil. I am noticing that I get a red ring around my lip and chin and some of my sun spots that were underneath look more brown. I'll update week two shortly!

Week two update: the stinging has subsided and the redness is not as severe no haven't really been purging but I do get itchy a little on my neck. I do feel like my skin tone has evened out a bit. I have been putting retin A on some scars. Still using coconut oil at night and in Am along with cerave PM. Week three to follow!

on 11/9/2016 9:25:00 PM

Ok this might get a little long but this is my experience with tactupump: First of all, I have very combination skin and I have had hormonal acne for close to three years now. I got prescribed tactupump about 2 years ago and I started it right away which was in December. I ski a lot and when I started this product I didn't realize how sensitive my skin would become so when I went in the cold snow, my skin dried out and it was awful. I had to stop the treatment because my skin was pink and flaking and raw. It was a nightmare. About a year later I am trying the product again because my acne hasn't improved at all. For the first week my skin was been red and flaking and it stings when I put anytype of product on it, even the most gentle cleansers like cetiphil. But I have to admit my acne is all clear after just one week, the redness hasn't gone away but I would rather have red skin (that I can cover with makeup) than bumps on my face. Anyways good luck this product is definitely worth a shot before you try accutane !

To Read all 241 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worked well but was way to harsh on my skin. Within two months I developed a small patch of dermatitis so I stopped it right away. Makes things a lot worst before it gets better. My forehead had acne but 2 weeks into use my whole face had acne. Left lots of hyper-pigmentation while healing near the end of the 2 months. Also skin never got used to the dryness. Would not recommend for mild acne. My forehead is clear but now I am left with red marks.

on 8/30/2016 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

greattt

on 7/16/2016 2:26:00 PM

I've never loved an acne controlling product more than I love this one. My story started in 2012, when I started to suffer from tons of hormonal acne and had no idea how to control it. I went to the dermatologist, and they gave me antibiotics and this cream to use in conjunction together. It worked like a charm - but the effects didn't last beyond the round of oral medication. I used this daily over my spots. My skin got really dry and flaky when I first started, but over time it gets used to it.

I went on many other rounds of antibiotics after that (probably spanning a good 2 years, on and off), and results have been varied. Eventually, I saw no difference between my skin on or off medication, so I stopped. My only saving grace was this treatment. It works especially well when you see acne just starting to form, and helps to stop it in its tracks. If it's fully formed, it helps to heal the spot faster. It's also one of the only things that has ever helped my cystic acne.

4 years later, and I still rely on this to keep my skin clear. I now use it whenever I see something pop up - usually on my forehead or jawline - and use regular moisturizer on the rest of my face. I was afraid it might lose its potency over time, but it still does its job well. Would highly recommend anyone suffering from acne issues to try this!

on 5/29/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After struggling with acne for the past 5 years, I can safely say this is my saving grace.I got it on prescription and the pump lasted me for about 3 months. My skin is extremely sensitive and I had acne for about 5 years and had dark spots that refused to fade lol. I tried everything from tumeric, to aloe gel, to lemon, to diy face masks and nothing worked. A friend of mine, suggested I get Epiduo and it truly changed my life. I wash my face with black soap and apply a thin layer of Epiduo. it does sting when you start using it but gradually this stopped because I think my skin got used to it. It also makes your skin feel dry and flaky but I started using the Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Control Moisturiser and the dryness became more managabale. I did this twice daily and my acne completely disappeared. My dark spots have faded and I stopped wearing makeup because my clear skin gave me back my confidence. I recommend this acne treatment 100%.....

I have difficult skin to deal with. It's very sensitive, very oily, acne-prone, and sometime extremely dry. Some products will break me out in a rash, others in whiteheads or pustules. The dryness can be so extreme sometimes that my skin will flake right off my face like dandruff. I've never really had bad acne, but have had very persistent mild-moderate acne for about a decade.

My acne started on my nose and forehead, as pustules and cysts. I then as I got older I started getting them on my chin as well. I stopped getting cysts and my nose cleared up about a year later, but started breaking out on my cheeks instead, and broke out on my back off and on. I had tried benzyl peroxide and differin gels separately, but neither did anything for me on its own. The combination however, has completely cleared my skin!

I never experienced the initial purging phase that some describe. My skin felt very smooth after the first application (I experienced the same thing with differin), and my acne scars started to fade after a few days. Within less than a week my skin looked brighter. The only negative was that my skin went through a SUPER dry spell after using this for about 3 weeks (because of this product). I had to stop using it for a week so my skin could recover, which caused a few pimples, but they cleared up as soon as I was able to resume using this.

I have since found that I can control the drying effects by applying nivea soft cream to my dryer areas at night (for my oiler area - forehead - live clean's daily moisturizer works great), and tarte sunscreen during the day. Be aware that it's super important to wear sunscreen with this product, as the differin gel makes your skin more sensitive to sun damage.

Overall I would highly recommend this product as it is the only thing that has worked for me in over 10 years.

About 4 years ago, I was suffering from random massive cystic breakouts (I've struggled with acne all my life --12 years on Proactiv), and Clindoxyl, and later Benzaclin, did a fantastic job of completely clearing up my acne. I now have consistently 95% clear skin all of the time. My doctor recently transitioned me into the Tactu Pump for maintenance. Although I was anxious about switching to a lower dosage of benzyl peroxide, I was swayed by the prescription strength retinoid (I'm almost 40, yes acne is a life long commitment). The Tactu Pump is twice the cost of my Benzaclin ($150 retail) but my health plan covers almost all of it. So far, no transition pains. Because I was used to a higher dosage of benzyl peroxide, I didn't experience any redness or irritation. My skin was a bit dry after the first night, but otherwise I can go through my regular night time skin care routine as scheduled. After using this for 2 weeks, my skin is noticeably smoother and brighter. So far, no breakouts either from switching to a different acne treatment. The addition of the retinoid has been especially good for my keratosis pilaris (dry skin bumps).

on 3/25/2016 11:01:00 AM

I've been using Tactuo for about 2 years. I've struggled with oily skin and pimples since I was a teenager, but for some reason in my early 20's it started to get worse, like constantly breaking out with pimples everywhere, so my doctor prescribed me this. I have tried everything in the past. Proactive (did nothing except turned my eyebrows from brown to orange), salicylic acid washes and creams, Clearasil, Neutrogena, basically anything on the shelf with little to no results. Tactuo has been the only treatment that has cleared up most of my acne and kept new blemishes at bay. I still get pimples and go through the occasional week or two of a somewhat bad breakout, but my skin is still better than it was before. It has not cured my acne by any means, but it has cleared a lot of it and does a good job at preventing it compared to any other product I've used. My blackheads have worsened since using this product however. It does nothing to reduce or eliminate blackheads, whereas the salicylic acid products I find tend to work better on blackheads, and unfortunately you cannot use any other acne product while on this medication.

Now, on the downside, this product is extremely drying and irritative. You have to use the most gentle, moisturizing cleansers and lotions on your skin and keep it as hydrated as possible. Sometimes I need to take a night or two off from applying the Tactuo to allow my skin to rebound from the dryness. Sunlight, cold weather, and wind also aggravate the dryness, redness, and irritation caused by Tactuo, so make sure to avoid these triggers as much as possible and lotion your face like crazy. When I initially began using Tactuo, it was literally BURNING my skin. It was dry, red, scaly, and flaky. That phase passed after a few weeks as my skin adapted. Still, two years later, my skin still gets irritated and flaky with this product if you use too much product or use it every night. Use a very thin layer only. Also, EXFOLIATION is key. I have to exfoliate daily to slough off the dry, dead skin caused by this product or else makeup application is a nightmare.

Overall, this is a pretty decent product to combat acne and prevent breakouts. That quality alone makes the drying and irritating side effects worthwhile. I am considering discontinuing this product though and trying natural, homemade remedies instead, mainly because I am getting fed up with battling dry skin on a daily basis which is an issue that now overshadows the acne.

on 3/24/2016 10:36:00 PM

This product is amazing! I thought I had problems with benzyl peroxide, but the combination with the adaplene made my skin so smooth and clear! I must say however, that I didnt think it was doing anything for my skin for the first three months. But I switched to a different (all-natural) moisturizer and within a week my skin cleared up. My skin is loving the epiduo. I highly reccommend, if you can get it from your dermatologist, to give it a try!