Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)
Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

adapalene (0.1%) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%)

on 4/8/2018 1:16:00 PM

I went to the skin clinic in town to inquire about how to help my acne scarring and hormonal acne. The nurse who did my 'consultation' told me to get a TactuPump prescription from my family doctor. The nurse said that the benzoyl peroxide would help the acne and the retin A would help a bit with speeding up the healing time on my hyper-pigmentation (from old acne) and would also have some anti-aging effects too. She told me to use a pea size amount twice per week OVER moisturizer and to make sure to wear SUNSCREEN every day!! I went and got the prescription filled.

Its been about two months and I have NEVER had clearer skin. I went into this knowing that it can take months for this product to start working but I have seen serious improvements.

When I first started it, I admit that I did not follow directions perfectly. I used more than a pea sized amount and used it every second day. My skin was seriously inflamed, dry and red and it looked awful. The worst part is I could not put makeup over top as my skin was flaking. I also had to stop all other skin treatments (other than using moisturizer) as my skin would burn.

Once I dialed back the amount and frequency I applied this product, my skin stopped flaking. My skin looks phenomenal - my acne scarring has decreased and the hyper-pigmentation has also become less noticeable. I have tried literally everything prescription (birth control, antibiotics, prescription creams etc) and over the counter (literally everything) to help my acne and this has made the biggest improvement so far.

FYI- In Canada (Ontario), the price was $120.00 which was fully covered by my insurance/drug plan. Its also a huge pump bottle and will probably last me over a year.

Okay I've been using this for nine months and I even remember giving myself a promise to do it for that long because retinoids take time to fully work, you know. I was doing photos every other day back to first few months so I can compare and yes, it for sure became better if we're talking about pimples. Definitely did nothing to my blackheads though and I am quite sad here because nine months! I usually don't have a lot of closed comedones but for the ones I had I noticed that they don't simply disappear with epiduo. Epiduo makes them inflamed and turns into pimples and sadly this was the only way it impacted cc's. But all these aspects are nothing against how oily my skin became because of this drug. Super oily in addition to initially oily skin. I would blot hundred times a day and feel like I put a heavy oily mass on my skin and this was the worst. They say it regulates your sebum production but no, it's done the opposite! I am going to write the review and stop this drug. Though you MUST try it if you have acne because so many people reported on good sides I am not sure that you should wait THAT long to see results if you don't like it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

NOTE: THIS IS A LONG REVIEW BUT I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU READ IT BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR A YEAR AND THERE ARE SOME WARNINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW!
My dermatologist gave me three of those tiny little squeeze tubes to use to get rid of my blackheads, and it really did the job! I had tried other acne/blackhead removing products, but they all made my skin red and puffy because they have salicylic acid, and salicylic acid is NOT friends with sensitive skin. A little goes a long way - you wash your face at night, take a pea size amount on your finger and rub it into the designated areas. Wash your face in the morning. It does take a couple months of doing it every day, but eventually, my pores were smaller, my blackheads were gone and my nose was less oily.

This can be a very expensive product if your insurance won't cover it, (which mine didn't after I used up the free samples) so, my dermatologist gave me a prescription for Adapalene (One of the ingredients) and insurance covered that. Then I bought a squeeze tube of Benzoyl Peroxide at my drugstore for just 5 bucks. Now, I just take half a pea size of each of those and use it 2 times a week to prevent any blackheads or acne. I barely ever break out! :)

Directions:
1. Wash your face with water, then a cleanser, (I use the cetaphil face cleanser, do not use any acne cleanser just a regular face wash) then wash it again with water.
2. PAT your face dry with a clean towel.
3. Wait 5-20 minutes for your face to be COMPLETELY dry. This is important to get the product to work.
4. Squeeze out a small amount of product (pea size or less) onto your clean finger.
5. Put a small portion of this on any problem areas (Nose, cheeks, chin, forehead) If you are only putting it on one of these areas, use less than a pea size amount.
6. Gently rub it in for 30 seconds to make sure it is into your skin.
7. Wash your hands thoroughly.
8. Sleep on one specific side of your pillow every night (Read why in warning #1)
9. When you wake up, repeat step 1 and 2
10. Do this every night, or however mush your dermatologist says!

There are some warnings though.
Warning #1: There is bleach in this product, which means it will stain your pillows. It's not gonna do any damage to your face or anything, but after a couple weeks/months of using it, you will notice your pillows turning an almost white cream color in some patches. My pillows are a very light purple, so I didn't mind. I just sleep on one side of the pillow, and then in the morning, I flip it over so you can't see any of the white. You could just get white pillows if you want. Because of this, when you are done rubbing the product into your face, wash your hands very well!

Warning #2: This will dry out your skin if you use it too much. When I had the blackheads, I used it every day and a very small amount (less than a pea size personally) I never had any problems then, but when I started to use the separate Adapalene and Benzoyl Peroxide, it would make some dry patches on my face if I accidentally used it three times a week. To fix this, I just bought a Cetaphil moisturizer and just put some on if my face ever gets dry.

Warning #3: This is something I already talked about but I can not express how important it is. USE A PEA SIZE AMOUNT FOR YOUR WHOLE ENTIRE FACE. I don't mean a pea size amount for your nose, then another pea size amount for your forehead, and another for your cheek, etc etc. I mean you squeeze a pea size amount out of the tube and onto your finger, close the tube, and only use that much for your whole entire face. So many of the bad reviews on this product are saying it was because it dried out their face. THAT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. It is extremely important that you use a very minimal amount! This stuff is strong and if you put tons of it all over your face for a week thinking your acne will be gone again, you WILL have dry skin and you WILL NOT see any results.

Warning #4: THIS DOES NOT WORK OVERNIGHT. I had to use this for two months just to get rid of blackheads! For ya'll to get rid of acne it could take half a year. But you need to be patient. It is working. Slowly, but it's working.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin who has acne, or even just anyone with acne/blackheads. Make sure you talk to your dermatologist about it, and good luck! :)

on 5/5/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Finally something which is working for my adult acne...

So I get these irritating pimples overnight or morning clear face and by evening pimples have erupted....

Galderma Epiduo (same as the tube shown in pic) has been working great over the last one week to flatten these overnight eruptions and also gradually reduce the bigger ones from earlier.

I generally mix a pea size or less with my other moisturisers (Clinique moisture surge gel seems to be best as a carrier) to make it spread easier over my big face.

My skin can tolerate BP pretty well and while I find tretinoin to be more effective than adapalene...the combination of the two seems to be a dynamite! Really working better than adapalene clindamycin combo (am not fond of clindamycin as it's an antiobiotic). No irritation or dryness.

Wish I had purchase this much earlier rather than wasting money on so many Retinol and retinaldehyde stuff.

Only negative - price is quite high for that teeny tiny tube.

P.S. It has not done anything to reduce the oiliness of my face but it has definitely been helping improve my acne.

on 5/5/2017 5:17:00 AM

I absolutely love and rely on this product whenever my skin is breaking out or hyping up. I found out about adapaline and Epiduo from Tarababyz on YouTube, funnily enough was prescribed this that week by my GP. In Australia we get it in an airtight pump, so I love the packaging as it helps with application control. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. The next day my skin is calmer. I the skip a day and use it the next day, i have found this way I reduce the chance of peeling, which goes hand in hand with a Retin A.

Thanks to this, i find I can keep my acneic skin under control and it helps heal any cystic acne quickly (for cystic I have found my diet has changed everything).

on 3/26/2017 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I promised myself that I will write a review on this gel if it helped to treat my acne problem. I used to get breakout during my teen years but that got cleared up along the way. Stepping into adulthood I didn't had problems with acne, at least I thought so until 3 months back I get sudden breakouts not knowing the cause. People called it adult acne. I was so frustrated and do anything I can to cure it but it just not going off. Until a week back, I went to pharmacy and consult a pharmacist, so she recommended this looking at my condition. So I gave it a shot and to my surprise, I can see tremendous improvement on my skin in just a week now. can't be happier than this. Beware this can be drying and it will irritate your skin a little bit. So a thin layer goes long way. what I would recommended is apply a good moisturizer after 10 mins applying this gel and do use facial mask every now and then. Don't forget to gently scrub to remove the dead skin. I acne literally shrank, dried up and gone in just a week. I'm left with scars which I'm on my way removing it. Please do note that the during for the acne to completely clear off is depends on the skin and your acne too. But this product is really worth the shot. I know how you feel if you are looking at reviews of products to remove that acne cause I was there too. Hopefully your search ends here. Good luck!

This product saved my skin. I have been using this since I was 13 (I'm 16 now) and it's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me! I started using it as an overall acne treatment but since my teenage hormonal acne has been gone; I switched up to using it as a spot treatment instead. My pimples usually go away after 3 days when using this product.

The only reason why I gave this a 4 is because it's extremely drying! Especially when the weather is a lot cooler than usual. It makes my face itch and flake off but I just make sure to moisturize heavily the next day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Epiduo honestly helped my acne prone skin so much. I first starting getting acne around 5th grade, and with time it got much worse. I had acne mostly on my forehead and under my jaw. I had a lot of cystic acne, papule acne, and postule acne. It would make me feel so embarrassed and insecure since I was one of the few people in my grade with acne. My family would even comment on how bad my acne was. I tried many different scrubs, facial cleansers, and home remedies, but none of them worked. I would always try to conceal my acne, but I was terrible with makeup. When I went to my pediatrician for a regular check up, she recommended and prescribed Epiduo. I thought I concealed my acne well, but I guess not.

Unforutantely, this product is not going to work miracles over night. It took about 4-6 months until my face started clearing up. When I first started using Epiduo, it was horrific. My skin was tomato red, and I have medium/tan skin. My oily skin became noticeably dry, scaly, and and sensitive. When I would apply moisturizers or let the Epiduo sink into my skin, I would feeling a burning sensation and my skin would be red. On top of extemely dry skin, I was still breaking out like crazy everywhere. I believe all the toxins are being raised up to the surface to prevent future breakouts. I also had very dry eyelids even though I did not apply Epiduo there.

Wearing makeup was really difficult because it emphasized my dry skin. I would not even both with makeup until I discovered using the Nivea Men's After Shave Balm as primer. I would apply an appropriate amount and rub it into my skin until it became tacky. Once it became tacky, I would apply one of dewy foundations (i accidentally bought a few without reading the label and never returned them) with a beauty blender and lightly set with powder if necessary.

After a few months, my skin became the clearest and smoothest it has ever been. I was no longer insecure or uncomfortable with my skin. My skin was no longer dry and scaly; it returned its oily state that it was before I used Epiduo. It takes a few months to start clearing up your skin but it is worth it despite the dry skin. Every once and a while I might get a few stress pimples under my jaw, but nothing compared to before I started using Epiduo. After some more, I didn't have any acne scares as well. However, once you finish a bottle, I would recommend still using it or your skin might get worse.

For the price, my insurance covered most of it and I paid $20. I think without insurance it might be hundreds so I gave a 3/5 because I am aware not everyone has insurance. I have the one in the pump, which is very hygienic in my opinion. I also tried the tube, but I prefer the pump more.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've gone to the dermatologist many times to get help for my acne . I have very oily acne prone skin and I have tried everything! Every drugstore and prescription available . This by far has been the best gel I have ever tried .. I was very skeptical at first because it's on tv and I know from trying brands like proactive in the past it was a nightmare. This heals my pimples In a DAY. i put it on any giant red pimples and by the next day (sometimes the same) quickly forms white head and the day after the acne is gone. I've read a lot of reviews about others having skin burning from dryness but I haven't had a problem. It must be because I have very oily skin. I am almost 30 with very oily acne prone skin. The only bad thing is the tube is a pump which you can't tell how much is left. Also it's quite expensive but go on epiduo site and they have a card which brought it from 500 to 60 dollars.

on 11/18/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm one week into Epiduo forte. I was on it years ago but wasn't diligent about it. This time, I will see it through! It's the holidays and I'll have a lot of time off so I can hide away! Week 1: the first day it was really burning under my eyes even though I didn't put it under my eyes. I think I have my routine ironed out. In the AM I wash with cerave foaming wash, cerave PM moisturizer (yes for the AM) and slather coconut oil on. In the am it gets pretty flaky but nothing I can't really cover up. At night I remove my makeup with cleansing water, clarisonic with cerave foaming wash, pm cerave moisturizer, wait 15 min , pea sized Epiduo and then coconut oil. I am noticing that I get a red ring around my lip and chin and some of my sun spots that were underneath look more brown. I'll update week two shortly!

Week two update: the stinging has subsided and the redness is not as severe no haven't really been purging but I do get itchy a little on my neck. I do feel like my skin tone has evened out a bit. I have been putting retin A on some scars. Still using coconut oil at night and in Am along with cerave PM. Week three to follow!