Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)
Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

adapalene (0.1%) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%)

on 5/5/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Finally something which is working for my adult acne...

So I get these irritating pimples overnight or morning clear face and by evening pimples have erupted....

Galderma Epiduo (same as the tube shown in pic) has been working great over the last one week to flatten these overnight eruptions and also gradually reduce the bigger ones from earlier.

I generally mix a pea size or less with my other moisturisers (Clinique moisture surge gel seems to be best as a carrier) to make it spread easier over my big face.

My skin can tolerate BP pretty well and while I find tretinoin to be more effective than adapalene...the combination of the two seems to be a dynamite! Really working better than adapalene clindamycin combo (am not fond of clindamycin as it's an antiobiotic). No irritation or dryness.

Wish I had purchase this much earlier rather than wasting money on so many Retinol and retinaldehyde stuff.

Only negative - price is quite high for that teeny tiny tube.

P.S. It has not done anything to reduce the oiliness of my face but it has definitely been helping improve my acne.

on 5/5/2017 5:17:00 AM

I absolutely love and rely on this product whenever my skin is breaking out or hyping up. I found out about adapaline and Epiduo from Tarababyz on YouTube, funnily enough was prescribed this that week by my GP. In Australia we get it in an airtight pump, so I love the packaging as it helps with application control. I only use a pea size amount for my whole face. The next day my skin is calmer. I the skip a day and use it the next day, i have found this way I reduce the chance of peeling, which goes hand in hand with a Retin A.

Thanks to this, i find I can keep my acneic skin under control and it helps heal any cystic acne quickly (for cystic I have found my diet has changed everything).

on 3/26/2017 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I promised myself that I will write a review on this gel if it helped to treat my acne problem. I used to get breakout during my teen years but that got cleared up along the way. Stepping into adulthood I didn't had problems with acne, at least I thought so until 3 months back I get sudden breakouts not knowing the cause. People called it adult acne. I was so frustrated and do anything I can to cure it but it just not going off. Until a week back, I went to pharmacy and consult a pharmacist, so she recommended this looking at my condition. So I gave it a shot and to my surprise, I can see tremendous improvement on my skin in just a week now. can't be happier than this. Beware this can be drying and it will irritate your skin a little bit. So a thin layer goes long way. what I would recommended is apply a good moisturizer after 10 mins applying this gel and do use facial mask every now and then. Don't forget to gently scrub to remove the dead skin. I acne literally shrank, dried up and gone in just a week. I'm left with scars which I'm on my way removing it. Please do note that the during for the acne to completely clear off is depends on the skin and your acne too. But this product is really worth the shot. I know how you feel if you are looking at reviews of products to remove that acne cause I was there too. Hopefully your search ends here. Good luck!

This product saved my skin. I have been using this since I was 13 (I'm 16 now) and it's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me! I started using it as an overall acne treatment but since my teenage hormonal acne has been gone; I switched up to using it as a spot treatment instead. My pimples usually go away after 3 days when using this product.

The only reason why I gave this a 4 is because it's extremely drying! Especially when the weather is a lot cooler than usual. It makes my face itch and flake off but I just make sure to moisturize heavily the next day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Epiduo honestly helped my acne prone skin so much. I first starting getting acne around 5th grade, and with time it got much worse. I had acne mostly on my forehead and under my jaw. I had a lot of cystic acne, papule acne, and postule acne. It would make me feel so embarrassed and insecure since I was one of the few people in my grade with acne. My family would even comment on how bad my acne was. I tried many different scrubs, facial cleansers, and home remedies, but none of them worked. I would always try to conceal my acne, but I was terrible with makeup. When I went to my pediatrician for a regular check up, she recommended and prescribed Epiduo. I thought I concealed my acne well, but I guess not.

Unforutantely, this product is not going to work miracles over night. It took about 4-6 months until my face started clearing up. When I first started using Epiduo, it was horrific. My skin was tomato red, and I have medium/tan skin. My oily skin became noticeably dry, scaly, and and sensitive. When I would apply moisturizers or let the Epiduo sink into my skin, I would feeling a burning sensation and my skin would be red. On top of extemely dry skin, I was still breaking out like crazy everywhere. I believe all the toxins are being raised up to the surface to prevent future breakouts. I also had very dry eyelids even though I did not apply Epiduo there.

Wearing makeup was really difficult because it emphasized my dry skin. I would not even both with makeup until I discovered using the Nivea Men's After Shave Balm as primer. I would apply an appropriate amount and rub it into my skin until it became tacky. Once it became tacky, I would apply one of dewy foundations (i accidentally bought a few without reading the label and never returned them) with a beauty blender and lightly set with powder if necessary.

After a few months, my skin became the clearest and smoothest it has ever been. I was no longer insecure or uncomfortable with my skin. My skin was no longer dry and scaly; it returned its oily state that it was before I used Epiduo. It takes a few months to start clearing up your skin but it is worth it despite the dry skin. Every once and a while I might get a few stress pimples under my jaw, but nothing compared to before I started using Epiduo. After some more, I didn't have any acne scares as well. However, once you finish a bottle, I would recommend still using it or your skin might get worse.

For the price, my insurance covered most of it and I paid $20. I think without insurance it might be hundreds so I gave a 3/5 because I am aware not everyone has insurance. I have the one in the pump, which is very hygienic in my opinion. I also tried the tube, but I prefer the pump more.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've gone to the dermatologist many times to get help for my acne . I have very oily acne prone skin and I have tried everything! Every drugstore and prescription available . This by far has been the best gel I have ever tried .. I was very skeptical at first because it's on tv and I know from trying brands like proactive in the past it was a nightmare. This heals my pimples In a DAY. i put it on any giant red pimples and by the next day (sometimes the same) quickly forms white head and the day after the acne is gone. I've read a lot of reviews about others having skin burning from dryness but I haven't had a problem. It must be because I have very oily skin. I am almost 30 with very oily acne prone skin. The only bad thing is the tube is a pump which you can't tell how much is left. Also it's quite expensive but go on epiduo site and they have a card which brought it from 500 to 60 dollars.

on 11/18/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm one week into Epiduo forte. I was on it years ago but wasn't diligent about it. This time, I will see it through! It's the holidays and I'll have a lot of time off so I can hide away! Week 1: the first day it was really burning under my eyes even though I didn't put it under my eyes. I think I have my routine ironed out. In the AM I wash with cerave foaming wash, cerave PM moisturizer (yes for the AM) and slather coconut oil on. In the am it gets pretty flaky but nothing I can't really cover up. At night I remove my makeup with cleansing water, clarisonic with cerave foaming wash, pm cerave moisturizer, wait 15 min , pea sized Epiduo and then coconut oil. I am noticing that I get a red ring around my lip and chin and some of my sun spots that were underneath look more brown. I'll update week two shortly!

Week two update: the stinging has subsided and the redness is not as severe no haven't really been purging but I do get itchy a little on my neck. I do feel like my skin tone has evened out a bit. I have been putting retin A on some scars. Still using coconut oil at night and in Am along with cerave PM. Week three to follow!

on 11/9/2016 9:25:00 PM

Ok this might get a little long but this is my experience with tactupump: First of all, I have very combination skin and I have had hormonal acne for close to three years now. I got prescribed tactupump about 2 years ago and I started it right away which was in December. I ski a lot and when I started this product I didn't realize how sensitive my skin would become so when I went in the cold snow, my skin dried out and it was awful. I had to stop the treatment because my skin was pink and flaking and raw. It was a nightmare. About a year later I am trying the product again because my acne hasn't improved at all. For the first week my skin was been red and flaking and it stings when I put anytype of product on it, even the most gentle cleansers like cetiphil. But I have to admit my acne is all clear after just one week, the redness hasn't gone away but I would rather have red skin (that I can cover with makeup) than bumps on my face. Anyways good luck this product is definitely worth a shot before you try accutane !

on 10/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worked well but was way to harsh on my skin. Within two months I developed a small patch of dermatitis so I stopped it right away. Makes things a lot worst before it gets better. My forehead had acne but 2 weeks into use my whole face had acne. Left lots of hyper-pigmentation while healing near the end of the 2 months. Also skin never got used to the dryness. Would not recommend for mild acne. My forehead is clear but now I am left with red marks.

on 8/30/2016 9:22:00 AM