Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)
Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)Acne Treatment: Epiduo (USA) / TactuPump (Canada)

adapalene (0.1%) and benzoyl peroxide (2.5%)

This product saved my skin. I have been using this since I was 13 (I'm 16 now) and it's honestly the best thing that has ever happened to me! I started using it as an overall acne treatment but since my teenage hormonal acne has been gone; I switched up to using it as a spot treatment instead. My pimples usually go away after 3 days when using this product.

The only reason why I gave this a 4 is because it's extremely drying! Especially when the weather is a lot cooler than usual. It makes my face itch and flake off but I just make sure to moisturize heavily the next day.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Epiduo honestly helped my acne prone skin so much. I first starting getting acne around 5th grade, and with time it got much worse. I had acne mostly on my forehead and under my jaw. I had a lot of cystic acne, papule acne, and postule acne. It would make me feel so embarrassed and insecure since I was one of the few people in my grade with acne. My family would even comment on how bad my acne was. I tried many different scrubs, facial cleansers, and home remedies, but none of them worked. I would always try to conceal my acne, but I was terrible with makeup. When I went to my pediatrician for a regular check up, she recommended and prescribed Epiduo. I thought I concealed my acne well, but I guess not.

Unforutantely, this product is not going to work miracles over night. It took about 4-6 months until my face started clearing up. When I first started using Epiduo, it was horrific. My skin was tomato red, and I have medium/tan skin. My oily skin became noticeably dry, scaly, and and sensitive. When I would apply moisturizers or let the Epiduo sink into my skin, I would feeling a burning sensation and my skin would be red. On top of extemely dry skin, I was still breaking out like crazy everywhere. I believe all the toxins are being raised up to the surface to prevent future breakouts. I also had very dry eyelids even though I did not apply Epiduo there.

Wearing makeup was really difficult because it emphasized my dry skin. I would not even both with makeup until I discovered using the Nivea Men's After Shave Balm as primer. I would apply an appropriate amount and rub it into my skin until it became tacky. Once it became tacky, I would apply one of dewy foundations (i accidentally bought a few without reading the label and never returned them) with a beauty blender and lightly set with powder if necessary.

After a few months, my skin became the clearest and smoothest it has ever been. I was no longer insecure or uncomfortable with my skin. My skin was no longer dry and scaly; it returned its oily state that it was before I used Epiduo. It takes a few months to start clearing up your skin but it is worth it despite the dry skin. Every once and a while I might get a few stress pimples under my jaw, but nothing compared to before I started using Epiduo. After some more, I didn't have any acne scares as well. However, once you finish a bottle, I would recommend still using it or your skin might get worse.

For the price, my insurance covered most of it and I paid $20. I think without insurance it might be hundreds so I gave a 3/5 because I am aware not everyone has insurance. I have the one in the pump, which is very hygienic in my opinion. I also tried the tube, but I prefer the pump more.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've gone to the dermatologist many times to get help for my acne . I have very oily acne prone skin and I have tried everything! Every drugstore and prescription available . This by far has been the best gel I have ever tried .. I was very skeptical at first because it's on tv and I know from trying brands like proactive in the past it was a nightmare. This heals my pimples In a DAY. i put it on any giant red pimples and by the next day (sometimes the same) quickly forms white head and the day after the acne is gone. I've read a lot of reviews about others having skin burning from dryness but I haven't had a problem. It must be because I have very oily skin. I am almost 30 with very oily acne prone skin. The only bad thing is the tube is a pump which you can't tell how much is left. Also it's quite expensive but go on epiduo site and they have a card which brought it from 500 to 60 dollars.

on 11/18/2016 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm one week into Epiduo forte. I was on it years ago but wasn't diligent about it. This time, I will see it through! It's the holidays and I'll have a lot of time off so I can hide away! Week 1: the first day it was really burning under my eyes even though I didn't put it under my eyes. I think I have my routine ironed out. In the AM I wash with cerave foaming wash, cerave PM moisturizer (yes for the AM) and slather coconut oil on. In the am it gets pretty flaky but nothing I can't really cover up. At night I remove my makeup with cleansing water, clarisonic with cerave foaming wash, pm cerave moisturizer, wait 15 min , pea sized Epiduo and then coconut oil. I am noticing that I get a red ring around my lip and chin and some of my sun spots that were underneath look more brown. I'll update week two shortly!

Week two update: the stinging has subsided and the redness is not as severe no haven't really been purging but I do get itchy a little on my neck. I do feel like my skin tone has evened out a bit. I have been putting retin A on some scars. Still using coconut oil at night and in Am along with cerave PM. Week three to follow!

on 11/9/2016 9:25:00 PM

Ok this might get a little long but this is my experience with tactupump: First of all, I have very combination skin and I have had hormonal acne for close to three years now. I got prescribed tactupump about 2 years ago and I started it right away which was in December. I ski a lot and when I started this product I didn't realize how sensitive my skin would become so when I went in the cold snow, my skin dried out and it was awful. I had to stop the treatment because my skin was pink and flaking and raw. It was a nightmare. About a year later I am trying the product again because my acne hasn't improved at all. For the first week my skin was been red and flaking and it stings when I put anytype of product on it, even the most gentle cleansers like cetiphil. But I have to admit my acne is all clear after just one week, the redness hasn't gone away but I would rather have red skin (that I can cover with makeup) than bumps on my face. Anyways good luck this product is definitely worth a shot before you try accutane !

on 10/29/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Worked well but was way to harsh on my skin. Within two months I developed a small patch of dermatitis so I stopped it right away. Makes things a lot worst before it gets better. My forehead had acne but 2 weeks into use my whole face had acne. Left lots of hyper-pigmentation while healing near the end of the 2 months. Also skin never got used to the dryness. Would not recommend for mild acne. My forehead is clear but now I am left with red marks.

on 8/30/2016 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

greattt

on 7/16/2016 2:26:00 PM

I've never loved an acne controlling product more than I love this one. My story started in 2012, when I started to suffer from tons of hormonal acne and had no idea how to control it. I went to the dermatologist, and they gave me antibiotics and this cream to use in conjunction together. It worked like a charm - but the effects didn't last beyond the round of oral medication. I used this daily over my spots. My skin got really dry and flaky when I first started, but over time it gets used to it.

I went on many other rounds of antibiotics after that (probably spanning a good 2 years, on and off), and results have been varied. Eventually, I saw no difference between my skin on or off medication, so I stopped. My only saving grace was this treatment. It works especially well when you see acne just starting to form, and helps to stop it in its tracks. If it's fully formed, it helps to heal the spot faster. It's also one of the only things that has ever helped my cystic acne.

4 years later, and I still rely on this to keep my skin clear. I now use it whenever I see something pop up - usually on my forehead or jawline - and use regular moisturizer on the rest of my face. I was afraid it might lose its potency over time, but it still does its job well. Would highly recommend anyone suffering from acne issues to try this!

on 5/29/2016 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After struggling with acne for the past 5 years, I can safely say this is my saving grace.I got it on prescription and the pump lasted me for about 3 months. My skin is extremely sensitive and I had acne for about 5 years and had dark spots that refused to fade lol. I tried everything from tumeric, to aloe gel, to lemon, to diy face masks and nothing worked. A friend of mine, suggested I get Epiduo and it truly changed my life. I wash my face with black soap and apply a thin layer of Epiduo. it does sting when you start using it but gradually this stopped because I think my skin got used to it. It also makes your skin feel dry and flaky but I started using the Clean and Clear Advantage Spot Control Moisturiser and the dryness became more managabale. I did this twice daily and my acne completely disappeared. My dark spots have faded and I stopped wearing makeup because my clear skin gave me back my confidence. I recommend this acne treatment 100%.....

I have difficult skin to deal with. It's very sensitive, very oily, acne-prone, and sometime extremely dry. Some products will break me out in a rash, others in whiteheads or pustules. The dryness can be so extreme sometimes that my skin will flake right off my face like dandruff. I've never really had bad acne, but have had very persistent mild-moderate acne for about a decade.

My acne started on my nose and forehead, as pustules and cysts. I then as I got older I started getting them on my chin as well. I stopped getting cysts and my nose cleared up about a year later, but started breaking out on my cheeks instead, and broke out on my back off and on. I had tried benzyl peroxide and differin gels separately, but neither did anything for me on its own. The combination however, has completely cleared my skin!

I never experienced the initial purging phase that some describe. My skin felt very smooth after the first application (I experienced the same thing with differin), and my acne scars started to fade after a few days. Within less than a week my skin looked brighter. The only negative was that my skin went through a SUPER dry spell after using this for about 3 weeks (because of this product). I had to stop using it for a week so my skin could recover, which caused a few pimples, but they cleared up as soon as I was able to resume using this.

I have since found that I can control the drying effects by applying nivea soft cream to my dryer areas at night (for my oiler area - forehead - live clean's daily moisturizer works great), and tarte sunscreen during the day. Be aware that it's super important to wear sunscreen with this product, as the differin gel makes your skin more sensitive to sun damage.

Overall I would highly recommend this product as it is the only thing that has worked for me in over 10 years.