MAC Rhubarb

No Image

4.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Rhubarb about 2 months ago, pretty much on a whim. Spring is approaching and I was in the mood for something new and bright and this blush sure is BRIGHT. And I like it well enough, but had I known that MAC was going to be coming out with some absolutely delicious and glowy In Extra Dimension blushes, I'd certainly have waited for those. Still, this is a pretty awesome blush and seems always to look right, no matter what colour clothing I'm wearing - I think that despite its insane looking brightness in the pan, it really is a "natural" shade on me in terms of my own colouring and also how it applies. And while it seems like you would need a very restrained hand with this, lately I've found I'm having a lot more success loading up my blush brush quite heavily (no matter what blush I'm using) but then only touching it very lightly to my skin. This seems to give a much more natural result than using a small amount of product and then having to rub my brush around to distribute and buff it out.

on 4/2/2017 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Rhubarb is a pro color from MAC where they describe the color as a "Bright Magenta" with a satin finish. I initially bought Dollymix for a "pink" for my nw20, deep winter complexion (Pink Swoon never looked right on me either and I was bored of shades like Dame and Well Dressed). But the color just sat there and didn't do anything for me. I went to exchange it for Rhubarb after doing some research. The selling point in my research was when I saw it referred to as a berry pink type of shade, which I say is pretty accurate on me. It was less red & a bit cooler than my Frankly Scarlet. It was a brighter pop of color than my Desert Rose (fave neutral of mine). And unlike Dollymix, when I put Rhubarb on, my face just lit up. It has quickly become one of my favorite spring blushes. I love it with my pinks and mauves.

This looks scary bright in the pan and is very pigmented, I mean this makes my Frankly Scarlet look easy to apply it is so pigmented. Use a loose bristled brush, tap off some excess before applying to your cheeks. If you dip with a heavy brush and then go right to your cheeks you will look clownish. This is not a sheertone...it packs a wallop. But as long as your are ready and apply correctly, it is stunning. I have been craving these deeper, bolder shades lately and when applied correctly they leave the most gorgeous glow out of all the blushes I have had the pleasure of using.

on 6/13/2010 11:45:00 AM

Great, pigmented shade! I found this bright-in-the-pan shade in the MAC store in Toronto and was impressed by how universally flattering it is on skin. I have very pale, yellow-toned skin and dark hair- one swipe looks subtle, but really brightens the complexion. It's a pinkish-purple that looks compatible with subtle or bright lips (depending on how much you put on!). It wasn't expensive and I'm pleased with the lasting power. I would certainly buy again.

on 11/8/2013 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Bought the pan for my palette -- it is stunningly bright with dense pigmentation.

Berry pink which suits my skin and I think will work on most skin colors from light to dark.

It is a great winter color .. with just a dot on the face one looks awake, healthy and yes, youthful~

I will also use it come spring because then I will pop this on top of my bronzer and wham.. a more modern me.

love this color.

This is my absolute favorite blush from MAC! I am an NC37-42, and putting it on, it does not look like the color in the pan. It look straight up violet, but when I put it on, it looks like a touch of pinkish-plum. I always feel pretty when I wear this blush, and since it's so pigmented, I just dip my brush in it once and the color deposits beautifully. The only thing about this is, I bought it a few months ago at the Pro store..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

This is a fabulous berry toned pink blush that looks frightenly bright fuschia in the pan. It's super pigmented but anyone can wear it with the right application. It's soft and blendable. I'm NC15 and I use a 116, tap the blush lightly once, tap off the excess, and blend very lightly. Some times I need another layer depending on the look. But as long as I go very slowly and build up very lightly I get a lovely bright pinkish berry toned flush. If I only could have two blushes, I think this and Devil would work. Devil would cover my warm toned needs and Rhubarb my cool toned. I would not recommend this for a beginner. Several years ago I first started wearing blush and started with much lighter blushes. Very pigmented blushes were too hard for me to work with (ie NARS Torrid). Now that I am more practiced, I love the highly pigmented blushes that I use only a tiny bit for. You really get your money's worth out of highly pigmented blushes because you use so little. Also, now that MAC sells Pro products on their website, it's so much easier to get.