E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 7/14/2016 3:46:00 PM

Usually eyeshadow primer makes the eyeshadow color deeper and more vivid in addition to helping it stay on longer. This was not the case with this primer and it didn't help it last longer either. In fact, all it did was irritate my eyes causing them to water. For the $1 price tag I wasn't surprised and it was worth trying.

on 7/4/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Does it job really well for the price.. Plus it seems like it never runs out!!

To Read all 872 Reviews, Login or Join

LOVE this $1 primer by E.L.F. I usually use MAC paint pot in "soft ochre" as my eyelid primer which is thick and a little on the pricey side. Compared to Urban Decay Primer Potion, I liked the E.L.F. primer better. They both performed the same, but spending only $1 made me enjoy it so much more. I HATE overpaying for things - especially makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can't believe this is under a dollar. The big difference lies in the texture and consistency of the product. It's a little thicker than UDPP and as such feels a little different on your eyes. If that doesn't bother you, you probably won't even notice a difference between the two products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Gave this a try due to good reviews. I purchased this on eBay for less than $4 (including shipping) and it really works. Provides a great base for shadows to adhere to, creates a little extra vibrancy and depth to the colors, and best of all no creasing! I have been using this daily for the last few weeks and experimenting with different MAC shadows in terms of colors and finishes. Worked very well with this primer and my oily lids!

on 5/2/2016 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perhaps I had a bad batch, but the product was very thick and clumpy, nearly impossible to blend in. I did not notice any extended longevity of eye makeup.

on 4/17/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have to admit, as someone who has oily lids and would never dream of using eyeshadow/eyeliner without a primer, this product is pretty decent.

I really like the wand packaging because it's easy to dab and spread. There's a light cream hue to the primer, adding a bit of coverage in case people have veins on their eyelids. I don't really like the synthetic artificial scent of it but as it's nowhere used near my nose and it fades, it's not an issue to me.

I think the trick to this product is to let the base dry on the eyelid, and press powder on top so there's an extra layer of stuff that will block the eyeshadow from creasing. I can get about five to six hours of non-creasing with this method if I use a fairly pigmented and waterproof cream eyeshadow on top, and a bit less if I'm using powder products. Compared to Wet n'Wild/NARS eyeshadow primer, this doesn't perform as well as those two, but there is always a tradeoff... This one is two dollars.

I think this is fabulous choice for those who have normal/dry eyelids and are ballin' on a budget.

For those who have super oily eyelids, check out Wet n'Wild's eyeshadow primer. That stuff is excellent. Easy to get and inexpensive too.

For those who like luxury products, try the NARS eyeshadow base. I really like the smooth, lightweight texture of it and it never catches on my eyelashes, which was one complaint I had with the Wet n'Wild primer.

Maybe I need to use it a few more times, but it felt too chalky to me and almost too dry for the eyeshadow to stick. But then again, my only other experience is with the primer from Forever21, weirdly enough. I like that one better even though I'm sure their makeup isn't very good quality. Maybe I'll get used to it over time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This primer doesn't really do much for me. Its okay for a beginner but I definitely wouldn't repurchase this. This price is great and the packaging is okay but the product is chalky, shimmery (not ideal for all eyeshadows) and doesn't hold eyeshadow well.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I cannot for the life of me understand why this hasn't yet become a cult classic amongst beauty experts and fashionistas. They go on and on about the Urban Decay primer potion, but this has been right under their noses for years and is a PERFECT DUPE for a fraction of the cost!

Seriously, I mean it. This is all you need to make sure that your shadow and liner stays on all day long.

Just to be sure, I recently used UD primer potion on my left eye, and E.L.F. (in Sheer) on my right eye. I noticed that they both looked and felt exactly the same- literally, there was no difference whatsoever.

I waited 5 minutes, and then applied liner and shadow. I kept checking every couple of hours, but by the end of the day, there was no difference in the pigmentation of my eye makeup.

This was great news for me, because it saves a bundle of $$$ that can be used to buy more products. When you're a makeup junkie like me, that's exciting news. :D