E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 8/26/2016 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The Elf primer should be given due credit for it's overall capability to outshine many other eyehadow primers.

Sure you don't get heaps of product, but this stuff has lasted me months and works like a charm. I've used the various Urban Decay primer potions including Eden and the original and they are well performing products. The only thing is they just doesn't justify me spending so much, when Elf works so well.

I put a little of it on, spread with fingers, it dries down and sets. Then I go in with my crease colour. I don't set with a powder/ base shadow first. I find the colour shows up better and doesn't contribute to fall out.

I have darker eyelids, but no veins (so not much to conceal), and my eyelids become slightly oily throughout the day. So I was surprised when this worked. I would like to try the paint pots to see if they help intensify colours, but worry they can't handle oily lids. So right now the Elf is doing me a solid.

on 8/10/2016 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My HG. Eyeshadow primer potions all do the same thing for me regardless of price or quality and to be honest, I probably don't really even need one most days, so this one does the trick. I'm a little disappointed that e.l.f. has recently begun to raise their prices and that this went from $1 to $2, but it's still dirt cheap. I'd prefer this to be in a squeezable tube package because I feel like I can never empty one of these out, but other than that, the formula works perfectly.

To Read all 874 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/14/2016 3:46:00 PM

Usually eyeshadow primer makes the eyeshadow color deeper and more vivid in addition to helping it stay on longer. This was not the case with this primer and it didn't help it last longer either. In fact, all it did was irritate my eyes causing them to water. For the $1 price tag I wasn't surprised and it was worth trying.

on 7/4/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Does it job really well for the price.. I have double eyelids and I love using cream stick eyeshadows because they're so easy and quick but they always crease in my eyelid crease and it's not cute. But with this under it, my eyeshadow stays even and fresh all day:) ...Plus it seems like it never runs out!!

LOVE this $1 primer by E.L.F. I usually use MAC paint pot in "soft ochre" as my eyelid primer which is thick and a little on the pricey side. Compared to Urban Decay Primer Potion, I liked the E.L.F. primer better. They both performed the same, but spending only $1 made me enjoy it so much more. I HATE overpaying for things - especially makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Can't believe this is under a dollar. The big difference lies in the texture and consistency of the product. It's a little thicker than UDPP and as such feels a little different on your eyes. If that doesn't bother you, you probably won't even notice a difference between the two products.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Gave this a try due to good reviews. I purchased this on eBay for less than $4 (including shipping) and it really works. Provides a great base for shadows to adhere to, creates a little extra vibrancy and depth to the colors, and best of all no creasing! I have been using this daily for the last few weeks and experimenting with different MAC shadows in terms of colors and finishes. Worked very well with this primer and my oily lids!

on 5/2/2016 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Perhaps I had a bad batch, but the product was very thick and clumpy, nearly impossible to blend in. I did not notice any extended longevity of eye makeup.

on 4/17/2016 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I have to admit, as someone who has oily lids and would never dream of using eyeshadow/eyeliner without a primer, this product is pretty decent.

I really like the wand packaging because it's easy to dab and spread. There's a light cream hue to the primer, adding a bit of coverage in case people have veins on their eyelids. I don't really like the synthetic artificial scent of it but as it's nowhere used near my nose and it fades, it's not an issue to me.

I think the trick to this product is to let the base dry on the eyelid, and press powder on top so there's an extra layer of stuff that will block the eyeshadow from creasing. I can get about five to six hours of non-creasing with this method if I use a fairly pigmented and waterproof cream eyeshadow on top, and a bit less if I'm using powder products. Compared to Wet n'Wild/NARS eyeshadow primer, this doesn't perform as well as those two, but there is always a tradeoff... This one is two dollars.

I think this is fabulous choice for those who have normal/dry eyelids and are ballin' on a budget.

For those who have super oily eyelids, check out Wet n'Wild's eyeshadow primer. That stuff is excellent. Easy to get and inexpensive too.

For those who like luxury products, try the NARS eyeshadow base. I really like the smooth, lightweight texture of it and it never catches on my eyelashes, which was one complaint I had with the Wet n'Wild primer.

Maybe I need to use it a few more times, but it felt too chalky to me and almost too dry for the eyeshadow to stick. But then again, my only other experience is with the primer from Forever21, weirdly enough. I like that one better even though I'm sure their makeup isn't very good quality. Maybe I'll get used to it over time.