e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

e.l.f. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

on 6/3/2018 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think this holds eyeshadow better than concealer does, but this is not Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I went on accutane and my skin got dry. I stopped using eye primer. I thought I didn't need it anymore, but lately I noticed my shadow fading. When I was oily, UD was my HG and the only thing that kept my shadow on. I tried the elf and thought it lack luster in comparison. Now that my skin is more dry-normal, I like it better. It has a sheer beige tint that cancels discoloration and keeps my shadow from fading. I find it still settles in my crease with this. Not setting it works best. Pat your shadow on and blend afterwards. I'd buy it again.

I think this works best for people who have drier lids. If you're oily, look elsewhere. I may buy a trial size of UD to see if it's worth it now that my skin has changed.

on 3/29/2018 10:26:00 AM

Maybe I would wear this on a no-makeup day so my lids can just have a finished look. For me, it was a little oily (though I have combination skin) and I had some transfer of eyeliner. Would not repurchase, though. My favorites are shadow insurance, Lorac eye primer, and Urban Decay primer potion - in order. If anyone would be interested.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great budget eyeshadow primer. I believe they reformulated this and renamed it "Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer", which is the one I have and it looks identical to the "Essential Eyelid Primer". This doesn't offer any coverage but it provides a smooth base for shadow application and prevents any creasing for 12 hours. I have trouble with my liquid liner getting on my upper eyelid and when I use this primer it completely prevents smudging or transfer of my liquid liner.

on 10/28/2017 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish this worked better because I love the applicator and the price. But at the end of the day, this does not do anything you would expect an eye primer to do. My shadow was still faded and creased.

on 10/22/2017 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this, based solely on price, without having read any reviews. It was absolutely awful. First off, it did not apply sheerly, which then caused my Smashbox eyeshadow to look different on my lid and it caused alot of drag when I was applying eyeshadow. It had a rough texture once applied. I usually give 2nd chances to my products, but this was an absolute fail:(.

I've been using this eyeshadow primer for years now and it is incredible, never fails me, keeps my eyeshadow looking great for a long time. I have really oily lids and this primer prevents that from ruining my eyeshadow and eyeliner. It's $2 so very affordable, I was at first using it because I was barely getting into the world of eyeshadow, but I haven't let it go, it's incredible.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This eye primer is pretty good for the price. I don't think you get a ton of product, but it is an inexpensive option that works well. I don't have super oily lids, but my eyes are hooded so a lot of shadows either don't last or crease on me. The package is pretty standard, but it seems like a lot of product might get thrown out due to the wand.

on 3/17/2017 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The product itself is great but they messed up in packaging it. The bottle is too tight and not much can be extracted. Fortunately, no eye allergy and my eye makeup stayed intact. Actually comparing this with my beloved MAC Painterly, this did a better job. The price is awesome but if you cannot get much out of the bottle, it does lose at least a lippie.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't always been able to wear this. For example, when I had really oily eyelids, this couldn't hang. But now that I'm on a retinoid and my skin is not quite as oily, this works just fine! My lids continue to stay in the same condition as if I had just applied!

on 3/16/2017 12:43:00 AM

I love this! The sheer has a smooth finish and helps makeup apply more consistently. I do not have oily eyelids and it helps shimmery eyeshadow last 10 hours. The price, at $3 Canadian, is unreal. I am not a fan of the applicator, and it is a small bottle, but I am not complaining. I found other primers had too thick of a consistency.