VI Peel

VI Peel

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible! I did the purify vi peel at a medspa & it was the worst thing ever! i'm acne prone & the esthetician recomended me to do the vi peel so i went ahead & did it. Regret that decision so much! A week later, right after I was done peeling, I broke out soooo bad. My skin was better before i tried the peel. It did not improve anything. In fact, it made my skin so so much worse. Now i have new scarring & pimples. Before the peel i had only 2 pimples on my face now i look like a pizza! I went to another med spa & saw another medical esthetician & she said she gets a lot of complaints about the vi peel that clients say it's itchy & they break out after. She said the vi peel is a really strong peel & said I should have not tried it cause it was too strong for me which caused me to get irritation & break out. She recommended me to try another one but i'm scared the same thing will happen again. A waste of time & money down the drain. It didn't work for me but it may or may not work for others but just know they're other peels out there to try, i would just think triple times if you're thinking about getting the vi peel especially if you're acne prone. Talk throughly with the specialist who you plan on doing this with!

on 9/23/2015 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I did the VI peel for melisma on both cheeks and it was also combined with a laser treatment for the melisma. I am Asian with olive skin and was told that BBL would not be safe for my skin so we opted for the VI Peel with IPL.

Day 1 (THURSDAY); I left the peel on until I went to bed. I actually went out to dinner that night with a hat on because you really couldn't see the orange tint of the peel since I am already olive skinned. That evening I did the towelettes and at 1 AM, I sat straight up in bed from stinging and could not sleep the ret of the night.

Day 2; not much going on except for the towelettes at night again and some stinging but I could sleep

Day 3; uneventful

Day 4 some peeling around chin and by the evening, I was peeling big pieces around mouth and chin and I could see peeling start on forehead but not like the mouth area

Day 5 and 6: on day 5 most of my face peeled and then day 6 there was minor peeling.

Day 7; I woke up with NO melasma on my face at all and only two tiny little spots left to peel and the most beautiful skin I have ever seen. I have never had skin this smooth and perfect before. WOW.

I would do this again but it is not a "no down-time" solution. I did not exercise nor did I go to work. I did run errands with a big hat and sunscreen and dealt with strange looks but I did my best to stay out of the sun. I used the post peel protectant like crazy and a face oil to keep everything moisturized. For the first few days I also used hydrocortisone for the itching. I drank lots of water and pretty much watched Netflix. I do not see how you could work and return to normal activities like the advertisement says....maybe if you worked with two people but I work in a corporate office setting. I don't think I need to do it again unless the melisma comes back. I had only minor stinging during application and after the evening of Day 1, I did not have any other discomfort other than some minor itching in the early days.

I was lucky enough to get this peel for free when I worked for a derm years ago, and it made my (at the time, almost perfect but blackhead and whitehead-ridden skin) absolutely flawless! It burns, but not as bad as a Jessner's peel and I onky peeled on day three for two and a half days. Once the peeling was finished, what was revealed was clear, smooth, poreless baby skin! I have had bad results with other peels, but I would do this again in a heartbeat!

I'd done 3 times of the regular VI peel last year. This year, I moved on to the VI Precision Peel, which is 25% stronger. Do note that VI Precision is NOT the same as VI Precision Plus.

I'm documenting down my fifth peel, with before and after photos. I hope this can help give you an idea on what to expect and help you understand the timeline of events so that you can plan your days better.

Check out my day-by-day account of VI Precision Peel at: http://bit.ly/vipeel

I got my VI Peel online at www.skincareandpeels.com . I love my results so much! This is an amazing Peel and I recommend it to everyone. It was so easy to do and only $160 . I previously spent $400 on one at a spa. Never will do that again.

on 4/17/2015 11:57:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I had a VI peel at a medspa. I followed the provider's post instructions perfectly. I did not peel at all. I contacted the medspa and was told that some people don't peel. It is very rare, however. I was and still am very unhappy. I did not even experience tightness. Waste of money for me. Perhaps more positive experience for others, but waste of time, gas, and money.

DIsaster!

I recieved the VI Peel for Acne. I also have some hyperpigmentation and some very early fine lines on my forehead.

Not only did the peel do NOTHING for my fine lines/hyperpigmentation, it made my skin break out horribly. I usually suffer from very mild acne (in fact, my skin was completely clear when I got the chemical peel) and afterward I had an entire face (and NECK) of acne.

Getting the peel was easy, however. It burns for only a minute and then the skin fully peeled off within a few days as promised. However, I basically paid $300 to look really terrible for a few weeks and get additional acne scarring and there has been NO IMPROVEMENT in my skin whatsoever.

Really disappointed.

on 7/11/2014 10:04:00 PM

This review is for the regular VI peel. I have not had the precision plus VI peel (much stronger) or the VI peel for acne (also stronger). The stronger peels would be too much for my sensitive skin. I believe the stronger peels may have been used in some of the poor reviews on this site, but I cannot be sure. If you have sensitive skin, opt for the original VI peel, you won't be disappointed!!

I had this peel for the first time in May at a board certified plastic surgeons office, by a talented licensed esthetician over the long Memorial day weekend. I had it done on a Friday afternoon, and was back to work on Tuesday. I had this done as I have been struggling with adult acne and wanted better skin tone and clarity. I love this peel, It really helped to clear my skin, took care of some dark spots, and made my pores appear smaller.
The skin starts to really peel on days 3-4 and is mostly done on day 5. I had some itching/ burning, but using the creams that come in the post peel packet really helps. I also took some ibuprofen to help any inflammation that may come up. I went back to my regular skin care regimen 10 days post peel, including skinceuticals and some IS clinical products.

I am on day 3 of my second peel right now, done at the same office. This time I had it done on a Tuesday afternoon, and worked on Wednesday (no peeling on day 2 really). I have off and do not return to work until Monday.

This time, I had a bit more of a prickly itchiness on the first and second nights. Benadryl and the cream that came in the packet really helped with this.

DO NOT PICK or rub the peeling skin at all! Hands off of your face! When you wash it, use clean hands, gentle cleanser, and pat dry. Do not use any of your normal facial products for 10 days post peel. Sunscreen all the time during the day, even if you will not be outside much. I plan to do a total of 4 of these peels this year, and then do 2 next year. I have some acne scars I am working to get rid of. The first peel really diminished them nicely, faded some sun/ age spots, made my pores smaller, and cleared up the acne I had.

I have sensitive skin, very light, and some freckles. I have not had any issues with this peel, other than the bit of itching and burning that should be somewhat expected. Once again, I am so happy to have the opportunity to do this!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I loooooove the VI Peel! My skin looks amazing. I now do it myself(so easy) and buy it online at this link opensky.com/member/doctorofskin

on 6/26/2014 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this peel so much I can't even tell you. My skin looks amazing in every way thanks to it. I get compliments everyday.
I bought it (after getting it done once and seeing how simple and easy it is) at
It's available at

http: //www. usfreeads. com/_health-and-fitness/skin-care/vi-peel-precision-peel-kit-for-sale-buy-now_3335201-

It was half the cost and so easy (comes with directions). It was great to be able to do it on myself at my home on my schedule and they are super fast answering any emails if you have any questions