Lise Watier Alpha-Gommage Gentle Refining Gel with AHA

No Image

1 review

on 11/15/2009 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a refining gel mask that promises to give 'instant radiance.' One bottle is $25 CAD, 50mls / 1.7fl.oz. It claims to be suitable for all skin types. Active ingredient is AHA (a surface chemical exfoliant). Despite the small size of the bottle, it will last a long time because it's intended use is 1 at most 2 times a week for 5-10 minutes. I've had mine for a month and it's only half way through. I generally use it once a week on my face and twice a week on my nose to reduce black heads.

PROS: (1) easy to apply and rinse off. (2) It does clear out my pores making them appear much less visible. (3) Got rid of all my excess oil. I never realized that what I thought was discolouration from being in the sun on my chin area, was actually excess oil. I have light/medium skin with yellow undertone. The skin around my chin appeared particularly yellow and is common in people with olive toned skin who are normal-oily. This amazing mask made it completely disappear completely evening out my skin tone. I can use this as little as once every 2 weeks to maintain results.

CONS: (1) if left on any longer then 5 minutes, it will irritate my existing adult acne. (2) Does not work to fully remove black heads, it merely makes them less visible. According to the skin board I need a BHA (deep skin exfoliant) to get those almost impossible to achieve results. (3) Packaging not ideal- the gel has these little beads that help to clear off the dead skin cells when the mask has done it's job. However the little beads along with some gel dries up around the screw top making it gunky and unhygienic. I really wish this came in a nice small simple pump! Much easier to keep clean that way.

Originally it was discontinued, however due to popular demand it was brought back into the market. Overall a descent product that gets the job done.
Happy Shopping!