Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner

4.2

Not tested on animals

For me the conditioner is quite average. Maybe it does thicken the hair a bit, but alongside with this it weighs my hair down. Even though the product has a consistency of light lotion, after using it the hair lacks volume.
The good thing is the smell - fresh and energizing.

on 12/24/2012 12:26:00 PM

this is the best thickening conditioner I've tried so far! I used it with the shampoo. The conditioner is amazing at detangling hair, I was very surprised that I used a tiny bit and didn't have to put a leave-in conditioner afterwards. I combed my hair with a couple of strokes no problems at all (and my hair takes forever to untangle).
As for volume, it does give a good boost (not as good as Abba), hair is very sleek and not dry at all.

ps: I'm posting several reviews on thickening at the same time but I just finished with 'testing'.

on 12/21/2012 10:17:00 AM

I have fine /thin hair and I bought this conditioner in hope that it will make my hair to look thicker. At the same time, I expected it will moisturize enough so I could stop using leave-in creams.
By now Iíve used this conditioner few times (without applying leave in creams) and I really wanted to like it but I couldnít. And here are the reasons why:
1) the conditioner does not thick my hair. Moreover, it makes it too soft and less manageable. After I had used this conditioner and went out when the weather was rainy, my hair started to look like a fluffy nest because of the humidity. And it was definitely not the way I wanted to get the volume!
2) it doesnít make my hair smooth enough. If I just touch my hair it feels silky but when I look in the mirror I still see the frizzes that I hate so much. :/
So in the long run I started to use my nourishing leave-in creams again to make my hair look healthy, smoother and more manageable.
The only thing that I like about this conditioner is its' soothing lavender-lemony scent. That's it.
I bought it for 17.50 euro and I donít think it was worth it.
Edit: I am using this conditioner for over a month now. For one reason or another only now I started to notice that it truly slightly thickens my hair. Anyway, I won't buy it again as it is a very poor moisturizer for my hair.

on 6/11/2012 5:46:00 PM

I haven't actually used this conditioner without the matching shampoo, so I can't be sure how good its own effect is, but in combination, the products work REALLY well. Unfortunately, the shampoo is ridiculously drying and makes my skin feel scratchy and tight. I don't know what I'm going to do about this, because even though I've only been using the products for a few days so far, my hair has never looked better than this. Expensive, but the effect speaks for itself.

Wow, this is a nice conditioner! I am a shampoo and conditioner junkie. I probably need an intervention. I bought this from folica.com, along with the Lemon Sage shampoo. I have to say that I love them both. I have very fine hair, but a lot of it. I wash my hair daily, so I need products that aren't heavy and won't weigh my hair down. I do not color my hair and only use my Solia flat iron after my hair air dries. I don't ever deep condition and I want products that work consistently without the need to do any extra treatments, which this does. I haven't used it long enough to really see any major thickening results, but my hair has been so easy to style and a co-worker commented on how good my hair looked after I had been using this for a couple days. My only complaint is that the bottle isn't the easiest to squeeze product out of. It is made of a more rigid plastic so the bottle gets little dents in it when you squeeze out product. The conditioner is definitely a lot harder to get out of the bottle than the shampoo. That said, I will definitely keep this in my conditioner rotation. If you wash your hair daily and don't need heavy moisturizing, definitely give this product and the matching shampoo a try!