Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner

Paul Mitchell Lemon Sage Thickening Conditioner

4.5

Not tested on animals

on 12/24/2012 12:26:00 PM

this is the best thickening conditioner I've tried so far! I used it with the shampoo. The conditioner is amazing at detangling hair, I was very surprised that I used a tiny bit and didn't have to put a leave-in conditioner afterwards. I combed my hair with a couple of strokes no problems at all (and my hair takes forever to untangle).
As for volume, it does give a good boost (not as good as Abba), hair is very sleek and not dry at all.

ps: I'm posting several reviews on thickening at the same time but I just finished with 'testing'.

on 6/11/2012 5:46:00 PM

I haven't actually used this conditioner without the matching shampoo, so I can't be sure how good its own effect is, but in combination, the products work REALLY well. Unfortunately, the shampoo is ridiculously drying and makes my skin feel scratchy and tight. I don't know what I'm going to do about this, because even though I've only been using the products for a few days so far, my hair has never looked better than this. Expensive, but the effect speaks for itself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My hair: fine, normal, thick, wavy.

Wonderful daily conditioner, although the shampoo was too drying. The scent is just right. Very lemony and fresh without smelling at all like a household cleaning product--that's the problem I tend to find with lemon-scented body care.

Very light but helps with frizzies and makes my hair look and feel smooth and silky.

Update: after a few weeks of use, I am noticing my hair feeling dryer. Oh, well. It still smells nice.

Wow, this is a nice conditioner! I am a shampoo and conditioner junkie. I probably need an intervention. I bought this from folica.com, along with the Lemon Sage shampoo. I have to say that I love them both. I have very fine hair, but a lot of it. I wash my hair daily, so I need products that aren't heavy and won't weigh my hair down. I do not color my hair and only use my Solia flat iron after my hair air dries. I don't ever deep condition and I want products that work consistently without the need to do any extra treatments, which this does. I haven't used it long enough to really see any major thickening results, but my hair has been so easy to style and a co-worker commented on how good my hair looked after I had been using this for a couple days. My only complaint is that the bottle isn't the easiest to squeeze product out of. It is made of a more rigid plastic so the bottle gets little dents in it when you squeeze out product. The conditioner is definitely a lot harder to get out of the bottle than the shampoo. That said, I will definitely keep this in my conditioner rotation. If you wash your hair daily and don't need heavy moisturizing, definitely give this product and the matching shampoo a try!