Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.8

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've never been terribly fond of lipgloss (I just think of them as a trap laid for my hair), and especially since my discovery of YSL's Glossy Stains I really didn't think I would ever buy a traditional gloss again. However, as I was buying the highlighter from the YSL Holiday 2012 collection the SA insisted on showing me the two limited edition Golden Glosses: Bleu arctique, a shocking turquoise blue (in the bottle) with lots of cool-toned shimmer and Rose polaire, a mostly clear gloss with a slight pink tint and a lot of blue, pink, and green glitter. I ended up buying Rose polaire and it's one of those products that is just plain fascinating. I feel like I initially built up some brand loyalty to YSL because it always makes me feel very glamorous to buy/use their products, but this gloss is just fun. It's a very youthful look but has a pampering feel like all YSL products (though yes, it does smell sort of sickly). As Glossy Stains doesn't offer much in the way of truly sheer shades or shimmer, I guess there is still a market for the Golden Glosses even for a lipgloss-shirker like me, and I'd be curious to try more traditional pinks.

on 11/26/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never ever been a lip gloss girl.. until now! My YSL MA put #19 (Golden Petal) over a neutral-pink lipstick and I absolutely fell in love. In the past I always avoided wearing glosses because they always seem to be ultra sticky and I could never keep my long hair from getting stuck to my lips. This gloss is moisturizing and has that "tacky" texture but is not sticky. The shades I own (#19 and #42) provide subtle color while the golden sparkle provides that extra girly pop with a nice healthy looking gloss. Both shades I own are pinks (#19 is lighter and more on the beige side, # 42 more of a candy pink) because I'm starting to prefer them to lipstick for day wear, but I would love to try one of the reds for evening or one of the real "golden" shades over a lipstick. Compared to other YSL products the price is not bad at all, and definitely great quality!

on 4/10/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought my 2nd tube today and just had to comment on how great this product is! Love love love it!!! The first one I bought was #12 Golden Cinnamon, and it is a nice neutral color. It is a rosy-brown that is a great nude tone when worn over bare lips or a nude lip liner. Today I got #40 Golden Impertinence. It looks bright hot pink in the tube, but on the lips it is a sheer warm pink. Very wearable, even for work. The thing I love most about this gloss is how moisturizing it is. It has nigelle and camelline oils in it (don't have a clue what those are!!!) and it leaves my lips soft long after the color has worn off. I guess some people say this is a sticky gloss, but to me it isn't - I would call it highly moisturizing. Of course there is some "tack" due to the oils, but it is far less sticky to me than other glosses I own. The color lasts longer than other glosses as well, and I find myself reapplying it just because I want to, not because I need to. Yes, this is shimmery, but the gold in this gloss is just enough to add some oomph to the lips and to catch the light. The gloss does have a fairly strong scent of mango or fruit, but I don't mind it. It fades after a while, anyway. I keep this in my purse or coat pocket at all times, because I can't say enough about how great this gloss makes my lips look and feel. The drawback to this gloss is of course the $30 price tag, but I spend more than $30 total on other lower quality lip glosses and lipsticks that I end up sticking in a box and never using again. I use this every single day, so to me, it is worth it. I intend to buy another tube when I get a little extra $ in my pocket (#2 Golden Praline).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the #36 Golden Chocolate that was out for the holidays. This is my most favorite lip gloss! It is the perfect rich brown that goes over like sheer gloss so it isn't too gothy dark brown but still has enough pigment in it to look gorgeous. Very shimmery too.

It is very thick so it stays on for a long time. I love this stuff!

on 12/21/2010 8:26:00 PM

These are some of my favorite Glosses. Very Pretty colors and I like the smell of this gloss. (Smells like Mango).

I will buy these over and over. :)

on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is by far the best colored lipgloss ever. really, i love this stuff so much. it's infused with real 24 carats gold flecks. it just can't get any better. my HG lipgloss. i will keep repurchasing it for sure.