Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by hair type : Other
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.6

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

on 1/11/2013 10:35:00 AM

Best gloss I own. Not sticky, and stays shiny all the way to the edges of the lip, maximizing their apparent size. The only downside is that I truly despise the sweaty-grapefruit scent. It has a locker-room aspect to it that I have to bear for the 20 minutes or so it takes to fade. Favorite colors are 2 (Golden Praline; a beautiful and sheer neutral nude-pink); 43 (Golden Irreverence; a warm nude that reminds me of old-style amber-colored lipglosses that gave some warmth but not much color to the lips); and 52 (Golden Pebble; a difficult-to-describe but drop-dead gorgeous deep skin tone that resembles Clinique Black Honey products and would look good on just about anyone, but especially darker-skinned women).

I actually received this as a present from a student. I had no idea it was so expensive! I love the smell of it and it looks amazing. I use a lip liner and some lip balm and I am good to go! Didn't know about the gold. How cool is that!

on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YSL glosses are my favorite luxury glosses, and Golden Gloss is no exception. The texture of these is balm-like & fabulous on my lips. They never dry out my lips, even after they wear off. Although the golden sparkles stay on my lips after the gloss wears off, it does not spread onto my face. I also don't mind leftover golden sparkles on lips. (I despise silvery bits.) The sparkle is obvious but not tacky, and the gloss itself is not overly shiny. You don't need much of this gloss to cover your lips. If you do, you'll overdo it.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these glosses, I am very much a gloss girl. I have 1,2,3,12,15 and I believe 18, 20 & 23 will complete my Golden collection. I have some Pur shades as well. I love the texture, flavor, packaging and it lasts, overall a good quality gloss. I would give it a 5 but its on the expensive side. Very good stuff though. I love these. So far 2 is my favorite.

It just gives a sexy grown up lip. It's feminine and womanly, not so much girly ;)

The swatches on the site are pretty accurate.

on 12/4/2009 5:02:00 PM

This review is for YSL's Golden Gloss. It was a gift, so I'm not sure of the exact price, however the Sephora website lists it as $29.99 and says this:
GOLDEN GLOSS
Shimmering Lip Gloss
What it is:
A high shine lip gloss with real 24-carat-gold flecks.

What it does:
Yves Saint Laurent GOLDEN GLOSS Shimmering Lip Gloss is the ultimate in beauty luxury. This gloss forms a mirror-effect on the lips with sparkling gold mother-of-pearl.

What else you need to know:
A complex of nourishing oils (Nigelle and Cameline Oils) protects the lips while providing total comfort. It contains 0.2% of 24 carat gold.

Okay, how decadent is a gloss that has 24 carat gold in it? This is way out of my price range, so chances are I will not purchase it, but it packs a punch and is worth every penny of that $29.00. Applied over any of my (mostly nude. bronze) glosses it takes the colour to a whole other level of shine and sparkle. I also noticed it really does have moisturizing oils that really smooth out the skin on my lips and make them super smooth and soft. I plan to enjoy this while it lasts!