Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.5

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

on 11/19/2014 4:54:00 PM

I found this gloss to be very, very tacky. My lips, if I pursed them, I would have to pullllllll them apart like sticky glue. Ewwww. But the color was vibrant (#12), but not over the top silly vibrant, just a really nice pop of color. I really hate glosses that virtuallly give no color, got baby lips for that!!

on 1/29/2014 1:42:00 PM

I purchased this lip gloss for a wedding I was in. I am absolutely in love, the shade I got was “Golden Gloss 10” it’s a light pink with the gold flecks and BEAUTIFUL! I have never spent $30 on a gloss but the way it looked I couldn’t say no! It is pricey so I can’t say I will only buy this gloss but over Mac’s Viva Glam V= GORGEOUS!

on 4/4/2013 2:39:00 AM

When it comes to make up I can spend a fortune on foundations from department stores and drugstores, but I don't remember buying a lip gloss from department store and this one not an exception
I bought it on clearance at DF &CCO ( I've never heard before) for 10$. I have it in 12( golden cinnamon ) and absolutely love it. This color is like darker bronz, very glossy and shiny, but appropriate for day time too.
The package is cute too similar to Sonia Kashuk gloss - 6ml square bottle. The staying power is above average ( compared to SK it lasts longer). It's not very sheer, it has color, but the color fades away quick enough ( almost 10-15 min.) and then it stays sheer.
The consistency is thick enough. I feel like my lips well moisturized, but not sticky.
It has fruity fragrance, which I enjoy, but if you like fragrance free make up, then it's not for you.
The bottom line is that it's too expensive ($30). Even though I like it very much I will not buy it for this price only if I come across the sale or clearance again.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not a big fan of lip-glosses, this one was decent and it actually stayed on my lips more than expected, it's not drying at all, somewhat sticky of course, but nice colors and smell as well.

on 11/26/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never ever been a lip gloss girl.. until now! My YSL MA put #19 (Golden Petal) over a neutral-pink lipstick and I absolutely fell in love. In the past I always avoided wearing glosses because they always seem to be ultra sticky and I could never keep my long hair from getting stuck to my lips. This gloss is moisturizing and has that "tacky" texture but is not sticky. The shades I own (#19 and #42) provide subtle color while the golden sparkle provides that extra girly pop with a nice healthy looking gloss. Both shades I own are pinks (#19 is lighter and more on the beige side, # 42 more of a candy pink) because I'm starting to prefer them to lipstick for day wear, but I would love to try one of the reds for evening or one of the real "golden" shades over a lipstick. Compared to other YSL products the price is not bad at all, and definitely great quality!

on 4/10/2011 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought my 2nd tube today and just had to comment on how great this product is! Love love love it!!! The first one I bought was #12 Golden Cinnamon, and it is a nice neutral color. It is a rosy-brown that is a great nude tone when worn over bare lips or a nude lip liner. Today I got #40 Golden Impertinence. It looks bright hot pink in the tube, but on the lips it is a sheer warm pink. Very wearable, even for work. The thing I love most about this gloss is how moisturizing it is. It has nigelle and camelline oils in it (don't have a clue what those are!!!) and it leaves my lips soft long after the color has worn off. I guess some people say this is a sticky gloss, but to me it isn't - I would call it highly moisturizing. Of course there is some "tack" due to the oils, but it is far less sticky to me than other glosses I own. The color lasts longer than other glosses as well, and I find myself reapplying it just because I want to, not because I need to. Yes, this is shimmery, but the gold in this gloss is just enough to add some oomph to the lips and to catch the light. The gloss does have a fairly strong scent of mango or fruit, but I don't mind it. It fades after a while, anyway. I keep this in my purse or coat pocket at all times, because I can't say enough about how great this gloss makes my lips look and feel. The drawback to this gloss is of course the $30 price tag, but I spend more than $30 total on other lower quality lip glosses and lipsticks that I end up sticking in a box and never using again. I use this every single day, so to me, it is worth it. I intend to buy another tube when I get a little extra $ in my pocket (#2 Golden Praline).

on 1/26/2011 2:01:00 AM

Golden gloss #30
I bought this as a cheer-me-up and fell in love, which is terrible because this little stick of glamor is $34 cad at holts, ouch. But worth it, its called golden gloss for a reason so i dont understand why people complain about the reminisce of glitter left after it dries dries off. the fact that the glitter remains after the gloss is gone also helps keep my lips looking shiny till i can touch up again. This was a cheer up purchase so I bought the more glamorous one, but i was split between this and number #38 which is just a sheer nude with a slight peach undertone.
the difference between the two is that golden gloss, has golden flakes (of course), and it smells much sweeter (i think it has mango scent). #30 and #38 were the same price which really convinced me to get #30 instead.
I took off one lippie because of the price, Mac's lipglass is nearly half the price at $17.50 (it's my next buy). Other than that, i love it. descent brush, lovely gold top cover (though it could be packaged like its lipsticks with the mirror on the product too so it could be used like a mirror), makes me feel so hot and so happy :) if youre feeling down, definitely a pick-me-up purchase

I actually received this as a present from a student. I had no idea it was so expensive! I love the smell of it and it looks amazing. I use a lip liner and some lip balm and I am good to go! Didn't know about the gold. How cool is that!

on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YSL glosses are my favorite luxury glosses, and Golden Gloss is no exception. The texture of these is balm-like & fabulous on my lips. They never dry out my lips, even after they wear off. Although the golden sparkles stay on my lips after the gloss wears off, it does not spread onto my face. I also don't mind leftover golden sparkles on lips. (I despise silvery bits.) The sparkle is obvious but not tacky, and the gloss itself is not overly shiny. You don't need much of this gloss to cover your lips. If you do, you'll overdo it.

on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is by far the best colored lipgloss ever. really, i love this stuff so much. it's infused with real 24 carats gold flecks. it just can't get any better. my HG lipgloss. i will keep repurchasing it for sure.