Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.8

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've never been terribly fond of lipgloss (I just think of them as a trap laid for my hair), and especially since my discovery of YSL's Glossy Stains I really didn't think I would ever buy a traditional gloss again. However, as I was buying the highlighter from the YSL Holiday 2012 collection the SA insisted on showing me the two limited edition Golden Glosses: Bleu arctique, a shocking turquoise blue (in the bottle) with lots of cool-toned shimmer and Rose polaire, a mostly clear gloss with a slight pink tint and a lot of blue, pink, and green glitter. I ended up buying Rose polaire and it's one of those products that is just plain fascinating. I feel like I initially built up some brand loyalty to YSL because it always makes me feel very glamorous to buy/use their products, but this gloss is just fun. It's a very youthful look but has a pampering feel like all YSL products (though yes, it does smell sort of sickly). As Glossy Stains doesn't offer much in the way of truly sheer shades or shimmer, I guess there is still a market for the Golden Glosses even for a lipgloss-shirker like me, and I'd be curious to try more traditional pinks.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got the #36 Golden Chocolate that was out for the holidays. This is my most favorite lip gloss! It is the perfect rich brown that goes over like sheer gloss so it isn't too gothy dark brown but still has enough pigment in it to look gorgeous. Very shimmery too.

It is very thick so it stays on for a long time. I love this stuff!

on 12/21/2010 8:26:00 PM

These are some of my favorite Glosses. Very Pretty colors and I like the smell of this gloss. (Smells like Mango).

I will buy these over and over. :)

on 8/7/2010 7:46:00 PM

I think the packaging looks really pretty on this. The gloss itself, while it had a kind of weird smell to me, looks really nice when put on. I like that it has colour when on the lips, unlike a lot of glosses. I also liked the gold glitter which came through. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like a gloss that you can just wear during the day - it's more like a lipstick, but one that you'd only wear when going out. But of course the staying power isn't huge so you'd have to keep reapplying. For all that, it's my favourite lip gloss.

I really liked this lipgloss (number 13 Golden Nude) i was looking for a lip gloss alternative to YSL's rouge volupte in sensual silk. This lip gloss is a nude colour, not quite the same as the lipstick (which has a beigy tone, this lipgloss has a faint lilac tone) but never the less its good if you like nude colours!

I liked the taste and the feel of this lip gloss, its quite thick but not sticky, its shimmery but doesn't have a shiny 'wet look', so its quite nice a subtle, when i tried it on in the shop i thought it may be too shimmery for me but when i looked at it in natural light it looked fine!

i wasn't too keen on the packaging because its a rectangle shape, i prefer sorta rounded shapes like Dior's lip glosses - but it did stay looking nice.

It wore off nicely as well, some lip glosses tend to wear off and leave your lips looking awful but this didn't at all, it came off in layers rather than patches (didn't leave a line around your lips either like some lip glosses do!!)