Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.3

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

on 12/19/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product had horrible staying power, did not go on nicely and had huge flecks of glitter which remained on the lips after it dries out which is not a very good look. This product is definetly not worth its price and will definetly not repurchase.

on 6/30/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

These were the most over hyped glosses I have tried. Did not like the gold glitter (flecks?) that were visible and were left all over my lips. If you are familiar with Chanel glossimers they feel like the glittery ones. Very gritty and uncomfortable. I tried 3-4 of them and did not like any. The gold one looked nice but I can't stand the gold glitter left overs. As well, these are heavily scented and fragranced (though tbh, it does not bother me with products if I like the look and feeling). I purchased two at the store, but they will be going back because of the noticeable glitter that I saw when I got home from the tester. I prefer Chanel aqualumiere gloss or Laura Mercier lip glace to these any day. Will never purchase these again.

on 11/19/2014 4:54:00 PM

I found this gloss to be very, very tacky. My lips, if I pursed them, I would have to pullllllll them apart like sticky glue. Ewwww. But the color was vibrant (#12), but not over the top silly vibrant, just a really nice pop of color. I really hate glosses that virtuallly give no color, got baby lips for that!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This gloss is ok. The packaging is very pretty, but that's about it for me. The color (golden pink and peony) streaks and seeps into the lines of my lips. And, I cannot tolerate the smell. I will stick to Chanel and Bobbi Brown for gloss.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm not a big fan of lip-glosses, this one was decent and it actually stayed on my lips more than expected, it's not drying at all, somewhat sticky of course, but nice colors and smell as well.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I am normally not a lip gloss wearer, since I prefer opaque and long-wearing lip products. I will say that this gloss definitely changed my mind!

I originally picked it up several months ago where it's sat in a drawer untouched and completely forgotten about. I really wanted a youthful look today and didn't want to engage in the process of lining my lips and dealing with lipstick.

This is a lovely lip gloss, the shade I have is #3 and despite it's name 'vibrant pink' it is a true fire engine red. Admittedly I was nervous about the glitter (apparently it's 24K gold...whatever) but the gloss is a well-balanced mix of pigment, high shine, and glossiness. One coat gave my lips a punch of super glossy color, despite the fact that my lips are dark. It was so pretty I couldn't resist adding second layer! In addition to being quite pigmented, one application is more than adequate, however it's a bit sticky (but what gloss isn't?) and when it wears after about 4-5 hours, it leaves a beautiful stain and a sparkly finish.

on 1/11/2013 10:35:00 AM

Best gloss I own. Not sticky, and stays shiny all the way to the edges of the lip, maximizing their apparent size. The only downside is that I truly despise the sweaty-grapefruit scent. It has a locker-room aspect to it that I have to bear for the 20 minutes or so it takes to fade. Favorite colors are 2 (Golden Praline; a beautiful and sheer neutral nude-pink); 43 (Golden Irreverence; a warm nude that reminds me of old-style amber-colored lipglosses that gave some warmth but not much color to the lips); and 52 (Golden Pebble; a difficult-to-describe but drop-dead gorgeous deep skin tone that resembles Clinique Black Honey products and would look good on just about anyone, but especially darker-skinned women).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've never been terribly fond of lipgloss (I just think of them as a trap laid for my hair), and especially since my discovery of YSL's Glossy Stains I really didn't think I would ever buy a traditional gloss again. However, as I was buying the highlighter from the YSL Holiday 2012 collection the SA insisted on showing me the two limited edition Golden Glosses: Bleu arctique, a shocking turquoise blue (in the bottle) with lots of cool-toned shimmer and Rose polaire, a mostly clear gloss with a slight pink tint and a lot of blue, pink, and green glitter. I ended up buying Rose polaire and it's one of those products that is just plain fascinating. I feel like I initially built up some brand loyalty to YSL because it always makes me feel very glamorous to buy/use their products, but this gloss is just fun. It's a very youthful look but has a pampering feel like all YSL products (though yes, it does smell sort of sickly). As Glossy Stains doesn't offer much in the way of truly sheer shades or shimmer, I guess there is still a market for the Golden Glosses even for a lipgloss-shirker like me, and I'd be curious to try more traditional pinks.

on 1/26/2011 2:01:00 AM

Golden gloss #30
I bought this as a cheer-me-up and fell in love, which is terrible because this little stick of glamor is $34 cad at holts, ouch. But worth it, its called golden gloss for a reason so i dont understand why people complain about the reminisce of glitter left after it dries dries off. the fact that the glitter remains after the gloss is gone also helps keep my lips looking shiny till i can touch up again. This was a cheer up purchase so I bought the more glamorous one, but i was split between this and number #38 which is just a sheer nude with a slight peach undertone.
the difference between the two is that golden gloss, has golden flakes (of course), and it smells much sweeter (i think it has mango scent). #30 and #38 were the same price which really convinced me to get #30 instead.
I took off one lippie because of the price, Mac's lipglass is nearly half the price at $17.50 (it's my next buy). Other than that, i love it. descent brush, lovely gold top cover (though it could be packaged like its lipsticks with the mirror on the product too so it could be used like a mirror), makes me feel so hot and so happy :) if youre feeling down, definitely a pick-me-up purchase

on 12/5/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

On a whim I fell in love with this gloss in #31. The color is very neutral/nude and looks very lovely on my lips. I have semi-pigmented lips so I was afraid this shade might not work but I must say it makes my lips gorgeous.. a bit of MLBB. The gold flecks are a nice little touch.. I have been very into glittery/shimmery glosses lately so this was a huge plus.
I love the smell of it (although I can see how some people might not like it.. but not my case!)..
Smooth texture and not sticky as other glosses can get.
Only thing I would change about this gloss is the application. (knocked down a lippie) personal preference, really. I much prefer a doe-foot over a actual brush.. but overall definitely worth it and I would definitely repurchase when I run out.