Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

4.3

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

on 11/14/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is by far the best colored lipgloss ever. really, i love this stuff so much. it's infused with real 24 carats gold flecks. it just can't get any better. my HG lipgloss. i will keep repurchasing it for sure.

on 12/4/2009 5:02:00 PM

This review is for YSL's Golden Gloss. It was a gift, so I'm not sure of the exact price, however the Sephora website lists it as $29.99 and says this:
GOLDEN GLOSS
Shimmering Lip Gloss
What it is:
A high shine lip gloss with real 24-carat-gold flecks.

What it does:
Yves Saint Laurent GOLDEN GLOSS Shimmering Lip Gloss is the ultimate in beauty luxury. This gloss forms a mirror-effect on the lips with sparkling gold mother-of-pearl.

What else you need to know:
A complex of nourishing oils (Nigelle and Cameline Oils) protects the lips while providing total comfort. It contains 0.2% of 24 carat gold.

Okay, how decadent is a gloss that has 24 carat gold in it? This is way out of my price range, so chances are I will not purchase it, but it packs a punch and is worth every penny of that $29.00. Applied over any of my (mostly nude. bronze) glosses it takes the colour to a whole other level of shine and sparkle. I also noticed it really does have moisturizing oils that really smooth out the skin on my lips and make them super smooth and soft. I plan to enjoy this while it lasts!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love these glosses, I am very much a gloss girl. I have 1,2,3,12,15 and I believe 18, 20 & 23 will complete my Golden collection. I have some Pur shades as well. I love the texture, flavor, packaging and it lasts, overall a good quality gloss. I would give it a 5 but its on the expensive side. Very good stuff though. I love these. So far 2 is my favorite.

It just gives a sexy grown up lip. It's feminine and womanly, not so much girly ;)

The swatches on the site are pretty accurate.

on 1/8/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

YSL glosses are my favorite luxury glosses, and Golden Gloss is no exception. The texture of these is balm-like & fabulous on my lips. They never dry out my lips, even after they wear off. Although the golden sparkles stay on my lips after the gloss wears off, it does not spread onto my face. I also don't mind leftover golden sparkles on lips. (I despise silvery bits.) The sparkle is obvious but not tacky, and the gloss itself is not overly shiny. You don't need much of this gloss to cover your lips. If you do, you'll overdo it.

I really liked this lipgloss (number 13 Golden Nude) i was looking for a lip gloss alternative to YSL's rouge volupte in sensual silk. This lip gloss is a nude colour, not quite the same as the lipstick (which has a beigy tone, this lipgloss has a faint lilac tone) but never the less its good if you like nude colours!

I liked the taste and the feel of this lip gloss, its quite thick but not sticky, its shimmery but doesn't have a shiny 'wet look', so its quite nice a subtle, when i tried it on in the shop i thought it may be too shimmery for me but when i looked at it in natural light it looked fine!

i wasn't too keen on the packaging because its a rectangle shape, i prefer sorta rounded shapes like Dior's lip glosses - but it did stay looking nice.

It wore off nicely as well, some lip glosses tend to wear off and leave your lips looking awful but this didn't at all, it came off in layers rather than patches (didn't leave a line around your lips either like some lip glosses do!!)

I actually received this as a present from a student. I had no idea it was so expensive! I love the smell of it and it looks amazing. I use a lip liner and some lip balm and I am good to go! Didn't know about the gold. How cool is that!

on 6/30/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

These were the most over hyped glosses I have tried. Did not like the gold glitter (flecks?) that were visible and were left all over my lips. If you are familiar with Chanel glossimers they feel like the glittery ones. Very gritty and uncomfortable. I tried 3-4 of them and did not like any. The gold one looked nice but I can't stand the gold glitter left overs. As well, these are heavily scented and fragranced (though tbh, it does not bother me with products if I like the look and feeling). I purchased two at the store, but they will be going back because of the noticeable glitter that I saw when I got home from the tester. I prefer Chanel aqualumiere gloss or Laura Mercier lip glace to these any day. Will never purchase these again.

on 8/7/2010 7:46:00 PM

I think the packaging looks really pretty on this. The gloss itself, while it had a kind of weird smell to me, looks really nice when put on. I like that it has colour when on the lips, unlike a lot of glosses. I also liked the gold glitter which came through. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like a gloss that you can just wear during the day - it's more like a lipstick, but one that you'd only wear when going out. But of course the staying power isn't huge so you'd have to keep reapplying. For all that, it's my favourite lip gloss.

on 12/5/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

On a whim I fell in love with this gloss in #31. The color is very neutral/nude and looks very lovely on my lips. I have semi-pigmented lips so I was afraid this shade might not work but I must say it makes my lips gorgeous.. a bit of MLBB. The gold flecks are a nice little touch.. I have been very into glittery/shimmery glosses lately so this was a huge plus.
I love the smell of it (although I can see how some people might not like it.. but not my case!)..
Smooth texture and not sticky as other glosses can get.
Only thing I would change about this gloss is the application. (knocked down a lippie) personal preference, really. I much prefer a doe-foot over a actual brush.. but overall definitely worth it and I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/19/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product had horrible staying power, did not go on nicely and had huge flecks of glitter which remained on the lips after it dries out which is not a very good look. This product is definetly not worth its price and will definetly not repurchase.