Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss

Filtered by age: 19-24
Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss
ysl golden glossysl golden gloss swatches

3.8

Polybutene, Tridecyl Trimellilate, Diisostearyl Malate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Camelina Sativa Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Water, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Fragrance, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Titanium Dioxide, Gold, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Gellan Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract, Citric Acid. [+/- May Contain: Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ci 15850 (Red 7), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 15850 (Red 6), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxide), Ci 77019 (Mica), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxide), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxide), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30), Silica, Talc].

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I've never been terribly fond of lipgloss (I just think of them as a trap laid for my hair), and especially since my discovery of YSL's Glossy Stains I really didn't think I would ever buy a traditional gloss again. However, as I was buying the highlighter from the YSL Holiday 2012 collection the SA insisted on showing me the two limited edition Golden Glosses: Bleu arctique, a shocking turquoise blue (in the bottle) with lots of cool-toned shimmer and Rose polaire, a mostly clear gloss with a slight pink tint and a lot of blue, pink, and green glitter. I ended up buying Rose polaire and it's one of those products that is just plain fascinating. I feel like I initially built up some brand loyalty to YSL because it always makes me feel very glamorous to buy/use their products, but this gloss is just fun. It's a very youthful look but has a pampering feel like all YSL products (though yes, it does smell sort of sickly). As Glossy Stains doesn't offer much in the way of truly sheer shades or shimmer, I guess there is still a market for the Golden Glosses even for a lipgloss-shirker like me, and I'd be curious to try more traditional pinks.

on 11/26/2011 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have never ever been a lip gloss girl.. until now! My YSL MA put #19 (Golden Petal) over a neutral-pink lipstick and I absolutely fell in love. In the past I always avoided wearing glosses because they always seem to be ultra sticky and I could never keep my long hair from getting stuck to my lips. This gloss is moisturizing and has that "tacky" texture but is not sticky. The shades I own (#19 and #42) provide subtle color while the golden sparkle provides that extra girly pop with a nice healthy looking gloss. Both shades I own are pinks (#19 is lighter and more on the beige side, # 42 more of a candy pink) because I'm starting to prefer them to lipstick for day wear, but I would love to try one of the reds for evening or one of the real "golden" shades over a lipstick. Compared to other YSL products the price is not bad at all, and definitely great quality!

on 1/26/2011 2:01:00 AM

Golden gloss #30
I bought this as a cheer-me-up and fell in love, which is terrible because this little stick of glamor is $34 cad at holts, ouch. But worth it, its called golden gloss for a reason so i dont understand why people complain about the reminisce of glitter left after it dries dries off. the fact that the glitter remains after the gloss is gone also helps keep my lips looking shiny till i can touch up again. This was a cheer up purchase so I bought the more glamorous one, but i was split between this and number #38 which is just a sheer nude with a slight peach undertone.
the difference between the two is that golden gloss, has golden flakes (of course), and it smells much sweeter (i think it has mango scent). #30 and #38 were the same price which really convinced me to get #30 instead.
I took off one lippie because of the price, Mac's lipglass is nearly half the price at $17.50 (it's my next buy). Other than that, i love it. descent brush, lovely gold top cover (though it could be packaged like its lipsticks with the mirror on the product too so it could be used like a mirror), makes me feel so hot and so happy :) if youre feeling down, definitely a pick-me-up purchase

on 12/19/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product had horrible staying power, did not go on nicely and had huge flecks of glitter which remained on the lips after it dries out which is not a very good look. This product is definetly not worth its price and will definetly not repurchase.

on 12/5/2010 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

On a whim I fell in love with this gloss in #31. The color is very neutral/nude and looks very lovely on my lips. I have semi-pigmented lips so I was afraid this shade might not work but I must say it makes my lips gorgeous.. a bit of MLBB. The gold flecks are a nice little touch.. I have been very into glittery/shimmery glosses lately so this was a huge plus.
I love the smell of it (although I can see how some people might not like it.. but not my case!)..
Smooth texture and not sticky as other glosses can get.
Only thing I would change about this gloss is the application. (knocked down a lippie) personal preference, really. I much prefer a doe-foot over a actual brush.. but overall definitely worth it and I would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 8/7/2010 7:46:00 PM

I think the packaging looks really pretty on this. The gloss itself, while it had a kind of weird smell to me, looks really nice when put on. I like that it has colour when on the lips, unlike a lot of glosses. I also liked the gold glitter which came through. On the other hand, it doesn't feel like a gloss that you can just wear during the day - it's more like a lipstick, but one that you'd only wear when going out. But of course the staying power isn't huge so you'd have to keep reapplying. For all that, it's my favourite lip gloss.

on 6/30/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

These were the most over hyped glosses I have tried. Did not like the gold glitter (flecks?) that were visible and were left all over my lips. If you are familiar with Chanel glossimers they feel like the glittery ones. Very gritty and uncomfortable. I tried 3-4 of them and did not like any. The gold one looked nice but I can't stand the gold glitter left overs. As well, these are heavily scented and fragranced (though tbh, it does not bother me with products if I like the look and feeling). I purchased two at the store, but they will be going back because of the noticeable glitter that I saw when I got home from the tester. I prefer Chanel aqualumiere gloss or Laura Mercier lip glace to these any day. Will never purchase these again.

I really liked this lipgloss (number 13 Golden Nude) i was looking for a lip gloss alternative to YSL's rouge volupte in sensual silk. This lip gloss is a nude colour, not quite the same as the lipstick (which has a beigy tone, this lipgloss has a faint lilac tone) but never the less its good if you like nude colours!

I liked the taste and the feel of this lip gloss, its quite thick but not sticky, its shimmery but doesn't have a shiny 'wet look', so its quite nice a subtle, when i tried it on in the shop i thought it may be too shimmery for me but when i looked at it in natural light it looked fine!

i wasn't too keen on the packaging because its a rectangle shape, i prefer sorta rounded shapes like Dior's lip glosses - but it did stay looking nice.

It wore off nicely as well, some lip glosses tend to wear off and leave your lips looking awful but this didn't at all, it came off in layers rather than patches (didn't leave a line around your lips either like some lip glosses do!!)