bareMinerals Holiday 2009 Jewel Kit

Holiday 2009 Jewel KitHoliday 2009 Jewel Kit

4.5

on 1/8/2010 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love all of the eye colors. I will not re-describe them. The reviewer before me did a perfect job. The Citrine is gorgeous. It's more golden than Flawless Radinace. I just wish it was sold outside of the set so I can repurchase when I run out. The brushes are great.
I really like the rose colored packaging. It makes the objects easier to find amongs my 50 something black BE pots.

The only thing I don't like is the blush. It almost looks like "warmth" on me rather than a light pink.

on 11/13/2009 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as gratis from our Ulta Bare Minerals holiday 09 training. I was super glad, if I didn't get this as gratis, I would def purchase it. It's a beautiful kit. I am a huge fan of BE and I love their kits so much because of the brushes mainly. This kit is only exclusive to Ulta stores and it is 54.00

It is a 9 piece jewel -infused kit, meaning ea product actually has the real jewels in it!

What you get:

1 Citrine Radiance all over face color (a citrine peachy color with soft shimmer for a glow, I love applying on my cheekbones before apply the blush for that glowing within look)

1 Pink Tourmaline blush (A soft pink blush)

1 Yellow Sapphire eyeshadow (A light golden shimmering shade)

1 Smoky Amber eyeshadow (A rich bronzy-amber shimmery shade)

1 Deep Amethyst shadow liner (A deep plum with dark shimmer flecks, i love it)

1 100% Natural lipgloss in Cranberry Sorbet (A very sheer pinkish cranberry shade, not sticky at all and smells great)

1 Flawless Radiance brush (Perfect for applying radiances and soft blush or bronzer looks)

1 Wet to Dry eyeshadow brush (A firm eyeshadow brush)

1 Soft Focus tapered liner brush (my fave, a very fine pointed eyelining brush)

and the box could be reused for stashing BE product.

I LOVE this kit. It also includes the get lucky ticket, which they trained us it's like the Willy Wonka golden ticket! There's only one winner and whoever wins finds out on Christmas Day (you type in the code on the website) and if you win, you win a lifetime supply of BE foundation!

This is a gorgeous kit to have and it looks good on anyone. It's not a very dramatic look, but you can make it that way with the deep purple, which i still have yet to try. I usually apply the yellow sapphire on my lids, and then amber on the crease and take a sep highlight color like soul or queen phyllis for the brow bones and mix prime time with the deep amethyst to make a liner. I love this look, it's very soft but still playful and perfect for the holidays. The color combo is very different, but it works!

I highly recommend this kit, it is limited edition.

I posted the look that I did if you want to see!