Mario Badescu Vitamin C Serum

3.9

Propylene Glycol, 7.5% Ascorbic Acid,Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus Fruit) Extract,Ginseng (Panax Ginseng Root) Extract, Aloe Vera Gel, Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid,Lavender Oil

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

amazing serum! this is my first vitamin C serum. I was confused with so many products on the market. but I saw a lot of positive reviews on this and bought it. I applied it last night and today my face looks so smooth and I look younger and brighter! the only thing I don't like is that it smells really bad and tastes disgusting. but it works! best Vitamin C serum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using the Vitamin-C serum every other night faithfully for the past 3 months, on my face, neck, decolletage, and even on my hands. It is amazing how well this product works. It has faded some dark spots on my face, hands, and decolletage, but what is amazing is that my complexion overall is more even and clear. I have received many compliments in the past few weeks about my complexion and I know this product is working, because it is the only new thing that I have added to my regime.

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

About my skin: Combination (oily on the T-zone), acne prone skin.

I've been using this serum for a month now, and it has done nothing but made me break out. I was being patient with it, trying to see if my skin needed some time to adjust to my new skin care routine but the break outs has gone way too far.

I wanted to try this serum out because I heard that vitamin C can help with lightening up dark spots, but this did not do anything. It was also pretty expensive, I got it for 50$ at Urban Outfitters. Waste of my money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great stuff!!! Love the smell and the results I'm getting from this product! I've used it every other night for about 3 months and it is truly incredible! 3 months ago I still had horrible acne marks and hyperpigmentation from my cystic acne outbreak last fall and now my skin is 100% clear! I mix this with rosehip oil and it is now a skincare staple for me. Thank you, Mario Badescu ♡

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A new favorite! This serum feels and smells fabulous its actually pretty good at lighting and scar faded I can already see a slight difference "I've only been using this for 10days!". Now its says use it every other night I absolutely live this and I do use more then that, I use every night sometimes even in the daytime. I have no issues or rash reactions with this product and I am fairy sensitive. I do advise using a physical sunblock with this meaning titanium or zinc oxide only this means it reflects the sun rays off the skin because of its physical shield SPF 30 and above. Overall I am planning on buying this again I love how its made skin look and feel, its very softening and makes you glow.

Pros:
Price is very decent for a vitamin C serum.
Smells very fresh and citrus like, kinda like lime jello.
Provides a soft rubber like feel when applying.
Lighting and acne scar fading.
Skin lighting and gives you a glow.

Cons:
Packaging, unfortunately because
Of the dropper this will eventually
Oxidize but I use it so much that
Hopefully it wont be too much of a
Problem.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a great serum!! I love it. I used it in combination with vitamin E and it really and truly helps with fine lines and scarring. I did notice however, after discontinued use the fine lines became more apparent again but I suppose that's with any product. I use it at night and in the mornings on problem areas. About 1 or 2 times a week I will apply all over before bedtime. I will definitely buy this again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this serum! I've been using this every night for about 2 months (under my tbs vitamin e night cream) and have a beautiful glow as a result. My skin is noticeably brighter and softer. I've realized that if I use a heavier night regime, I'm not as oily during the day and this is perfect! I'm very fair and get frecks just from driving. This product has helped fade my freckles to where they are easily covered by my foundation.

I purchased this based on the reviews that I read but honestly I don't find that it made a huge difference in my skin. Maybe it was a slight difference but not enough to pinpoint this as the culprit. it was also expensive at$40 I would not repurchase.I am disappointed in this product

Let me tell you something about this serum. I thought it was going to change my life. I was so excited to get my hands on this, knowing how essential antioxidants are to healing and protecting the skin, and reading about how it would lighten and brighten the dark spots on my face. That's what I wanted to use it for mainly - my red hyperpigmentation left over from acne. I alternated using this every other night to get started. A few weeks in, I saw an episode of DermTV on YouTube in which Dr. Schultz said Ascorbic Acid (the second ingredient in this serum) could be an irritant for sensitive skin. And I have incredibly sensitive skin. Turns out this is what I was experiencing because I had clusters of acne form on my cheeks after using this product for a while. At first, I thought it was just purging everything out but decided to stop use anyway. It took about 2 MONTHS for that stubborn acne to go away. Now I'm left with hyperpigmentation from that but am using an amazing skin lightener and exfoliant by Paula's Choice.

Bottom line: If you have sensitive skin, beware. Look for another Vitamin C product WITHOUT Ascorbic Acid.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this serum for about 2 months now every other night as instructed by the directions. I've never used a serum before, so I have nothing to compare this with.

I haven't seen a dramatic difference to be honest, my skin does seem "cleaner" and "fresher" looking lately. My main skin concerns is freckles on the high points of my cheeks, and some reddness under the nose. It hasn't faded these dramtically, but I do think it has given my skin an overall fresher look.

On the skin texture itself, it has improved the elasticity slightly. I notice my skin is a little firmer to touch in the mornings.Nothing too dramatic, but I would credit this improvement to the serum.

It hasn't broken me out, and I like the texture of the serum. I think I was hesitant to try a serum for the longest time because I thought it would be too oily. But this product absorbs into the skin very quickly and leaves a nice base for my moisturiser.

I would purchase this again. It is a bit pricey ($AUD62) but I think this bottle will last me at least 6 to 9 months as I only use it in the evening every other night. Compared to other department store brands like Lancome, it's relatively affordable. The smell of the product isn't nice, but it's not foul either. I prefer it not having an artificial smell anyway.

I love Mario Badescu products. This is my 3rd product I've tried and as always, love the results given. I wasn't expecting these to fade my freckles, but was hoping to prevent further freckles and sun spots from developing. I think it has done that. I can't say it has improved the appearance of my freckles/Sun spots, and I'm not sure if it's the placebo affect, but I think it may have reduced the frecles by the tinest bit.

If you're looking at introducing serums into your skincare routine, I would definitely recommend this one.