Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw the 1oz version of this at TJ Maxx for $10, and since I absolutely LOVE the original I decided to pick this up. I have to admit, I didn't like this quite as much as I thought I would. The original was a yummy candy kind of scent, while this one is more of a spicy sweet that I would consider more nighttime-y, or something that would seem more appropriate for older women ^^

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wearing the original Pink Sugar for about 4 years now and although I get many compliments on it, I've always felt it is a little bit childish of a scent for my age. My best friend bought me Pink Sugar sensual for my birthday and on first sniff I was a little turned off because I expected more of the sweet vanilla-y goodness of the original, but after it dried down to a sweet jasmine candylike scent. I actually enjoy Pink Sugar Sensual much more than the original. I have both side by side in my perfume collection and when my friends come over they always compare the two and so far the majority of them like the new one better.

on 8/19/2010 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

wow! LOVE THIS ...very candyish,fun, and smells close to britney fantasy..which is a plus. i had the original years ago and it always left a burnt carmel undertone smell on me and more like burnt cotton candy mixed with burnt hair from an iron...threw it away......this is so much better !!

on 11/12/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I just got this fragrance which was launched in September 2009 in its home country Italy (I'm not sure if it's avalaible in other countries yet) and which I was absolutely totally excited about since Pink Sugar is my fave fragrance ever, and this is its first flanker and by the name u'd guess it's a sexier version of Pink Sugar... u'd also guess it's a sexy, sensual scent. Well, I'm sooo disappointed!!! It's absolutely nothing like Pink Sugar and there's nothing sexy or sensual about it!!! It smells just like WATERMELON and black sugar (for anybody who doesn't know what black sugar is, we have this candy here in Spain & in Italy called coal candy which is made with black sugar, which is this black, licorice sugar). When u first spray it it's absolutely fruity, it's pure watermelon!! And PSS doesn't have any watermelon notes, it's the blacurrant mixed w/ other notes what makes a watermelon impression!! Then as it dries down the extreme fruitiness stars fading a little and the black sugar scent stars growing and becoming more and more noticeable, the watermelon scent stays there mixed with the black sugar scent and it becomes sweeter and not as fruity, but still, far from yummy or sexy, the only thing similar to Pink Sugar is the licorice/burnt sugar note, but this is very fruity (which Pink Sugar isn't at all) and lacks any vanilla/marshmallow/cotton candy yumminess, it's been replaced with fruitiness. What a dissapointment, I was expecting something soo much yummier and actually sexy=( With such sexy ads and cute lacey packaging and such a sexy name, u'd totally guess it'd smell somehow yummy, similar to Pink Sugar or at least expect a sexy and sensual, seductive scent... but it isn't at all!!!!
The ads also say Pink Sugar and Chocolovers are scents created to awake desire for sweet notes and childhood while Pink Sugar Sensual aims at a more mature generation of women who prefer seductive approach - soo misleading. This is definitely a teen scent, I don't think any "mature" women who disliked Pink Sugar and wanted something more mature and seductive will appreciate this scent any more than Pink Sugar, find it mature or seductive at all:: it smells like a teen watermelon fragrance, it smells very sweet too, from the coal candy/black sugar licorice note, just no vanilla, marshmallow or cotton candy in this fragrance, not that kinda foody yummy sweetness, it's a candy coal sweetness. Soo far from all things sexy or yummy. Nice, fruity-sweet watermelon & black sugar fragrance, but nothing special, sexy or that stands out. I think a teen looking for a fruity watermelon fragrance to wear to middle school will appreciate it a lot more than anybody looking for a sexy fragrance. The packaging is just like Pink Sugar's, but in Pink Sugar Sensual the pink & white swirl has been replaced by a baby pink background & black lace swirl, with a black cap. Soo cute and sexy... too bad the scent doesn't match the packaging or ads AT ALL. I'm sooooo dissapointed=(
The bottle is the same as Pink Sugar's, except the sprayer is bold pink watermelon colored instead of subtle baby pink like in Pink Sugar, & the lines-drawings in the bottle are black instead of pink. The bottle's cap is the same baby pink color in both. While the color of the perfume Pink Sugar is yellowish, Pink Sugar Sensual is totally clear. Pink Sugar Sensual also has less lasting power and is much less intense than Pink Sugar, but it's not like its lasting power & intensity are bad.
In resume, what this fragrance smells exactly like: watermelon + coal candy (black licorice sugar), & instead of being called Pink Sugar Sensual, it should be called Black Sugar Watermelon.

EDIT December 10 2009:: after owning Pink Sugar Sensual for almost a month now and having worn it plenty of times I have to update!!!! I have realized that it smells quite similar to Britney Spears Fantasy, the original Fantasy, not exactly the same but quite similar!!!! it has that same mix of fruit and sweetness. Fantasy is more intense, a more "powerful", stronger and longer lasting scent, while PS Sensual is weaker and way less long lasting. Fantasy is also yummier and foodier with cupcake/white chocolate creamy foody/gourmand notes that give it its sweetness, while PS Sensual is not really foody and doesn't have any yummy or foody notes, its sweetness is a sugar sweetness, literally, it's like fruit with black sugar & the sugar note is what gives it its sweetness but it's -not- a yummy, foody, creamy or vanilla sweetness at all unlike in Fantasy and unlike in the original Pink Sugar. It's also soo much weaker and soo much less long lasting than the original Pink Sugar, not that its lasting power is bad, but it's definitely not good. If you liked the original Pink Sugar, you may or may not like Pink Sugar Sensual, and if you expect something similar, you'll be disappointed. PS Sensual is sweet AND fruity, while the original PS doesn't smell like fruit at all. The original PS is a yummy, foody, vanilla-ish, caramel, cotton candy yummz kinda scent, PS Sensual isn't at all, it's fruit and sugar, without the foody & yummy notes. The original Pink Sugar is the good stuff, PS Sensual is a little too similar to way too many fragrances on the market, it definitely will never be even half as special IMO!!! And PS Sensual is definitely NOT a sensual or sex scent!!! I wish!!!!! talk about a misleading name and ads lol!!!!! it isn't a mature scent at all either, it's what is considered really teen. Don't get me wrong though, I love this scent since it's sweet and I adore sweet scents so I'm rating it a 5, but compared to my other beloved sweet fragrances, this is at the very bottom of my list and will never be a truly favorite of mine... still an amazing scent compared to what's out in the market and I love it!!!!

NOTES