Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.6

I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle, a fake, or a mislabeled bottle but this smells nothing like the notes listed. In fact, it smells like how I would envision Steel Sugar by Aquolina to smell. It starts out like a drugstore body spray for men then develops into something very similar to JPG Le Male.
While I like JPG, I don't want to smell like it. I do wear a few men's fragrances but this is just way too "clean and masculine". Bummer!!!

on 10/19/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I liked the original pink sugar, but I got really sick of it quickly.
It was just too sweet.
Pink sugar sensual is sweet, but not overly so and has more floral notes to it that make it smell more suitable for an adult.
As I wore it a few times I noticed it smelled so familiar, and then it hit me one day...it smells almost identical to Britney Spears fantasy. Sort of a mix between fantasy and circus fantasy.
It's nice but not what I was expecting, I thought it would have a bit more spice to it. It's just a sweet floral, and since I already have fantasy there is no point using both.

on 8/15/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Pink Sugar Sensual is almost identical to BS Fantasy (original pink bottle) to my nose. I do find Fantasy a bit stronger in lasting power and sillage. So if you are looking for a slightly lighter version of Fantasy, then Pink Sugar Sensual fits the bill. I have a large bottle of this (found it for $20) and only a miniature size of Fantasy and I find them too close in scent to own both as full size bottles. I will just stick with the Pink Sugar Sensual when I need a hit of sugary, vanilla sweetness!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Saw a really big bottle of this for 15 bucks at my TJMaxx and I snatched it up. After trying the sample I recieved from Ulta I was not looking forward to droping 40 or 50 bucks on it but I knew I had to have it so when I saw it I got it. I really like it, it smells sweet but more grown up and while the packaging is nothing cute it is practical and doesnt take up too much space on my crowded dresser. I would buy this again because I do like it but I doubt I will need to because this bottle is huge.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had tested Pink Sugar Sensual earlier in the year at Ulta but at the time thought it was way too similar to the original Pink Sugar (which I already owned) to buy it. A few months later I found it at TJ Maxx for $17 (like some other reviewers, compared to the $30 I paid for the 1.7oz of the original) and thought why not give it a second chance?

I'm glad I did, because PSS has become my favorite over original Pink Sugar. While it definitely has the same similar base notes at PS, it is a lighter, more mature version that I feel is more appropriate for me as I'm almost 25 now. Original Pink Sugar is a very strong, "in your face" fragrance and Sensual is more subtle and musky. It does have similar notes to BS Fantasy but isn't nearly as heavy.

The packaging for the Pink Sugar fragrances could be better; the ribbon design on my original Pink Sugar bottle is partially worn off and I assume this bottle will do the same. The fragrance turns from clear to yellow after a few months, although this doesn't seem to affect the scent.

on 5/22/2011 2:32:00 PM

just got this at tj maxx for $16:00, took a chance because I love the original pink sugar, love this one, too! Perfect sweet/fruity fragrance, just right for spring!

on 3/19/2011 4:12:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual does not share much with the original Pink Sugar aside from packaging. It's the same bottle but with black accents rather than pink. Okay. It's also very sweet, but much more floral rather than foody. Both have the same vanilla-licorice anchor on them, but whereas Pink Sugar is filled out with carmel-spun-sugar-baked-goods, Pink Sugar Sensual is filled out with sweet, nearly nauseating florals.

I have this love/hate relationship with the original Pink Sugar. I love it when it dries down, love the warm sweet fragrance it leaves in my clothes and hair, love the lingering sugary vanilla... and hate how strong and headache-inducing it is initially, hate how obvious it is I am wearing it, and hate how men seem to really dislike it. Pink Sugar Sensual had the promise of something more adult than Pink Sugar, something that makes up for all of Pink Sugar's deficiencies, but it doesn't do that. It smells very much like something you would expect to smell on a teenager, with the depth and lasting power of a body splash, though it does smell nice and I have been complimented on it. Because this is light and pleasant I will use up my 30ml bottle, but I won't consider repurchasing.

Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Bergamot, Orange blossom
Middle Notes: Pink jasmine, Tiare
Base Notes: Vanilla, Toffee, Sandalwood

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Mmmmmmmmmmm. you either love this scent or you don't.
I liked the original, I liked there Chocolovers (which is no longer around :( and I enjoy this one.
Go sniff it where they sell it and decide.

on 10/1/2010 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh dear. Oh dear gawd. I was lemming this for the longest time, had spritzed it on and tested it out, and finally bought it today. I don't know why, because it smelled great before, but this is just NOT good. It's like the original pink sugar (which I do love) but with strange citrus/musk notes (at least on my skin)....These never came out the times before when I tested this, so I am superbly let down. I'm returning this to sephora tomorrow. It's a great deal and the packaging is adorable, but despite that, with all the fragrances I have this will be passed up...Go for the original Pink Sugar.

on 7/23/2010 7:53:00 PM

I recieved a generous sample of this from Sephora and expected to dislike it because I'm 44 years old and don't like "sweet" fragrances...the original Pink Sugar was a nightmare to me way too cotton candy and "little girly" for me, though to be fair I never tried it on I just sniffed it from the bottle. I really like this for my more mellow days it IS a sweetish fragrance at first and bursts with red berries when I first spray it on but mellows down to a nice comfortable vanilla on me. I'll probably invest in a bottle if my husband likes it, 2 of my kids liked it though. :o)

Update: I finally actually tried Pink Sugar (original) on my wrist and LOVED it even more than PSS!!!

Updated Update: (Oct 14, 2010) I spritzed PSS on last night after not wearing it for awhile and it was just too citrusy for me, kinda made me gag....I'm still loving regular old Pink Sugar though!

Popular Fragrances