Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.3

on 5/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a compliment on this yesterday from someone standing behind me at the Mother's Day buffet -- a lady in her 20's-30's, who was juggling her 2 young kids. She told me, "You smell good! Your perfume smells so good!". She didn't ask, but I volunteered the name to her. At that point in the day, I couldn't really smell it on myself any more, but I guess others could.

Launched in 2009, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Black currant, Mandarin
Heart Notes - Pink jasmine, Orange blossom, Tiar�
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Vanilla, Toffee

I also own original Pink Sugar, and the Sensual flanker is *very* different, in my humble opinion -- in a good way -- I like it much better. The "burnt" note of the original PS is completely absent in Sensual (yay) -- and Sensual is much more smooth, soft, and skin-musky -- like a soft, smooth, puffy cloud of light vanilla skin-muskiness. The original is good but tends to give me a headache if I don't use a *tiny* amount -- but Sensual is softer & muskier so that it doesn't give me a headache.

It's almost like 1/2 soft vanilla and 1/2 skin musks -- with an airy-creamy pillowy smoothness and cloudlike quality -- it almost smells like a bath product rather than a spray perfume. Not overly sweet or sugary, it's actuallly very easy-to-wear, soft, feminine, and nice -- and it can work well for any age, I think. Similar to Katy Perry "Meow" and Paris Hilton "Can Can", which I also really like. All are pillowy soft vanilla-based perfumes.

I thought this would be a much sensual scent of the original. It does smell the same but a little lighter with a hint of citrus, not really a fan.

I like the original Pink Sugar and thought this would be a sexified version of it. Don't get me wrong, this is a great perfume, but I was hoping for something sexier. If you want to smell girly and tasty like Pink Sugar but a more sensual, try Victoria's Secret Noir Tease instead of Pink Sugar Sensual.

I just bought this perfume today at Costco... I was so torn between this one (Pink Sugar Sensual) and the original Pink Sugar. I have owned the original Pink Sugar before and really enjoyed the scent. My ex never really noticed or complimented my perfumes before but I have a distinct memory of him telling me how amazing I smelled when wearing Pink Sugar. But as for Pink Sugar Sensual I have never owned or even smelled it before. I decided to google some reviews while shopping today and then I took the plunge and bought it without having smelled it. I'm so glad I did! It smells sweet, but not the same sweetness as the original Pink Sugar which sort of has that burnt sugar/cotton candy smell that can be sickly sweet. Sensual is more subtle but still very strong in all the good ways. I read a review that compared PS Sensual to Britney Spears Fantasy, which I have never smelled... But I think it smells similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can or KINDA similar to Victoria's Secret Vixen but less fruity. It's sweeter and less powdery then VS Dream Angels Heavenly. The dry down is reminiscent of Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy but not as much berry and gardenia. I hope this is helping, I suck at describing scents so I'm trying to just go off of what I have lol. I can't stop smelling where I sprayed PInk Sugar Sensual... I'm LOVING it. It reminds me of another perfume I used to wear but I can't put my finger on it right now, ugh. I will update when I figure it out :)

Look for this in Costco, right now it's only $28 for both the 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette and the rollerball!!

Packaging- meh.
Price- yay!
Scent- yessss... love!

on 12/21/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Sensual is more restrained and refined than Pink Sugar (which while delicious, occasionally makes me think of a cheerful young thing who doesn't notice she is talking too much and too loud).
It's still sweet and cozy, but the sugary notes are subtler so the scent is more nuanced. I was delighted to detect a soft spritz of juicy fruits at the top and the absence of that burnt, bitter licorice note in Pink Sugar. There's also a noticeable soft brown-sugar note in the baked-goods heart that I absolutely adore.
I do see a resemblance to Fantasy (which I also love) in how the fruits are interlaced with an intense candied sweetness and a hint of florals, woods and musk. But Sensual's juicier topnotes don't stick around as long as the quince-kiwi-lychee opening of Fantasy. It cuts quickly to the darker vanilla-sugar heart and is also a touch less sweet and rich.
On me, this lasts a good 7-8 hours, but it wears much closer to the skin than Pink Sugar so it's not going to attract as many compliments (or complaints) unless you reapply often. I love that it's a sweet scent that works in hot weather, and never feels inappropriate even in a professional setting. I've received multiple compliments on this from both genders.
One minor criticism is they didn't put as much effort into the presentation despite the price being the same as original Pink Sugar. The box design is cheap-looking black lace print topped with a plain black lid, as opposed to the adorable textured pink swirls, cuter canister lid and bottle cap on original Pink Sugar.

on 10/18/2012 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment!!! at first it smelled good out of the bottle.
but when I got home I sprayed this on me, and it smelled disgusting.
maybe It's my body's chemistry, make sure you try it before buying it!

on 11/6/2011 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I really wanted to like this fragrance, as I've been wearing the original Pink Sugar for over 7 years, and thought I would try something a little more sophisticated for evening wear. Based on all the great reviews I've read, I was so excited to get it!!! But, I was so terribly disappointed! It smelled so cheap and was actually nauseating!!! Did not smell sophisticated at all!!! Even my husband, who doesn't notice much, commented on what perfume I was wearing!!! It wasn't a "Wow! You smell great!!!"--it was more like, "Hmmm....what are you wearing? He definitely didn't like it!!!! He actually thought my original Pink Sugar was going bad!!! Looks like I'll be sticking to my tried and true!!!!!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

As soon as I spotted this, I bought it in the spot. It's everthing I thought it would be. A more grown up version of the original. This reminds me of Hard Candy, Magnetism and Fantasy. They're all along the lines of sensual cotton candy with a nice musk added. I love them all.

I love this! I had the original Pink Sugar and was dying to try this. I think the name is pretty accurate. The original is very cotton candy and seems like a day scent while Sensual has a much more deeper tone that can be worn for night and still smell delicious. It smells almost exactly like Fantasy by Britney Spears to me. It's more vanilla and candy than cotton candy. I would definitely recommend for anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw the 1oz version of this at TJ Maxx for $10, and since I absolutely LOVE the original I decided to pick this up. I have to admit, I didn't like this quite as much as I thought I would. The original was a yummy candy kind of scent, while this one is more of a spicy sweet that I would consider more nighttime-y, or something that would seem more appropriate for older women ^^

Popular Fragrances