Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

4.2

on 5/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a compliment on this yesterday from someone standing behind me at the Mother's Day buffet -- a lady in her 20's-30's, who was juggling her 2 young kids. She told me, "You smell good! Your perfume smells so good!". She didn't ask, but I volunteered the name to her. At that point in the day, I couldn't really smell it on myself any more, but I guess others could.

Launched in 2009, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Black currant, Mandarin
Heart Notes - Pink jasmine, Orange blossom, Tiar�
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Vanilla, Toffee

I also own original Pink Sugar, and the Sensual flanker is *very* different, in my humble opinion -- in a good way -- I like it much better. The "burnt" note of the original PS is completely absent in Sensual (yay) -- and Sensual is much more smooth, soft, and skin-musky -- like a soft, smooth, puffy cloud of light vanilla skin-muskiness. The original is good but tends to give me a headache if I don't use a *tiny* amount -- but Sensual is softer & muskier so that it doesn't give me a headache.

It's almost like 1/2 soft vanilla and 1/2 skin musks -- with an airy-creamy pillowy smoothness and cloudlike quality -- it almost smells like a bath product rather than a spray perfume. Not overly sweet or sugary, it's actuallly very easy-to-wear, soft, feminine, and nice -- and it can work well for any age, I think. Similar to Katy Perry "Meow" and Paris Hilton "Can Can", which I also really like. All are pillowy soft vanilla-based perfumes.

I thought this would be a much sensual scent of the original. It does smell the same but a little lighter with a hint of citrus, not really a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, so, I finally bought this perfume by my beloved Aquolina. I can wear only Pink Sugar as I cannot stand any other perfume. Florals and weak wearing fragrances aren't tolerated by me. With that said, I personally do not like Sensual. It smells like all the perfumes in the world that I avoid like the plague b/c of their thick, nausea and headache inducing properties. When people say this is a grown up version of Pink Sugar, they are half correct. It's definitely a grown up scent or rather a scent for those into the thick sweet floral-ish scents. It's not a version of Pink Sugar, though. If it was, I'd be all over it. I cannot give this fragrance a poor rating based on my personal preference. I have to say that if I were into this type of fragrance, I'd praise this one. It has great staying power and doesn't stray far from the body. But those of you that love Pink Sugar, don't get your hopes up as you will be gravely disappointed.

I love this scent! It smells just like britney spears fantasy. I love the bottle as well and the box it comes in is soo pretty with the sexy black lace. Will keep buying!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this at TJ maxx, and I like the original, but I LOVE this spin! It is such a great sexy scent, I absolutely love wearing it out, it really gets men's attention. lol... Its top notes are bergamot and black currant, and its heart notes include nuances of jasmine petals with an orange bloom. These give way to sandalwood and vanilla accords that form its base notes. AHHHH incredible!! I would not wear this to work, i think it is a bit heavy, and more of a night time scent. I really recommend this scent to single girls lol, trust me, it gets attention

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

unfortunately at the store i didn't really smell it properly, when i got home i sprayed it and it smells EXCACTLY like Britney Spears Fantasy. Smells gorgeous but I already have 2 bottles of the fantasy so had to sell my pink sugar

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had tested Pink Sugar Sensual earlier in the year at Ulta but at the time thought it was way too similar to the original Pink Sugar (which I already owned) to buy it. A few months later I found it at TJ Maxx for $17 (like some other reviewers, compared to the $30 I paid for the 1.7oz of the original) and thought why not give it a second chance?

I'm glad I did, because PSS has become my favorite over original Pink Sugar. While it definitely has the same similar base notes at PS, it is a lighter, more mature version that I feel is more appropriate for me as I'm almost 25 now. Original Pink Sugar is a very strong, "in your face" fragrance and Sensual is more subtle and musky. It does have similar notes to BS Fantasy but isn't nearly as heavy.

The packaging for the Pink Sugar fragrances could be better; the ribbon design on my original Pink Sugar bottle is partially worn off and I assume this bottle will do the same. The fragrance turns from clear to yellow after a few months, although this doesn't seem to affect the scent.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

There is nothing sensual about this scent at all! When I first sprayed it on I got such a strong, sickly sweet scent that I wanted to go wash it off my wrist. But I thought that if I would give it time, maybe the dry down would be better...Wrong! I went out to finish my errands and half way through I turned around, went home and took a shower to clean this smell off me. It smells cheap to me, like something you would smell in a strip club dressing room. Yuck!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

PINK SUGAR SENSUAL opens with fruity scents of currants and tangerine. Sweet, but not to the point of being sticky and sickly sweet. The currants are stronger on me, but the tangerine note is still well developed. The bergamot must be closely intertwined with the tangerine, because I don't pick up on it.

The initial fruity blast burns down with ten minutes, but a undertone of the currants [and possibly raspberry too] lingers throughout the heart and base of the fragrance. The floral notes are powdery and light and the juicy sweetness of the berries make everything seem breezy, laid back and casual. The jasmine is the strongest floral on my skin, followed by the orange blossom. I still can't detect a hint of the bergamot, but the note of tiare flower is sweet and creamy and adds to the vanilla which seeps up from the base.

The long note of vanilla and the berries linger from the softly floral heart and carry through to the base, giving PINK SUAR SENSUAL a lovely warmth that whispers "come closer" to passers by - making this perfect for people who work in public based settings as you'll seem even more approachable. I'd read that black sugar contains molasses and I was keen to see how it'd be represented in a EDT, but between the vanilla, berries and softly creamy sandalwood, I can't separate any other sweet notes used.

Black currant, tangerine, bergamot, orange blossom, pink jasmine, tiare flower, vanilla, black sugar and sandalwood.

The bottle is a clear glass with a black ribbon motif. Rather plain and cheap-looking, but at least the bottle shape and embalm makes it easy to grip the glass and spray the nozzle. The bottle is the same as the original Pink Sugar, only that uses pink ribbon in it's design.

This is really long lasting - it's just as good as the original Pink Sugar. I wear mine to bed and can still smell it in the morning, for an EDT this is fantastic.

The fruitiness makes this a good choice for daytime and the light florals mean you can safely wear it to work; It may not be the most sophisticated choice for work, but I've received loads of compliments on it. I personally think it's too quiet and not unique enough for evening wear, but if you plan on hitting a packed club then the fragrance's lightness could be good for avoiding scent-induced headaches.

Being fruity and light I class this as being better suited to spring/summer; For such a sweet fragrance it isn't sickly or cloying, even in hot weather. Having said that I do wear mine all year round and have never suffered ill effects and the scent doesn't change in different weather, which many fragrances do.

First things first; PINK SUGAR SENSUAL smells startlingly close to Britney Spears Fantasy - and by startlingly close I mean that when I spray one of each on each wrist I can barely tell the difference. In fact the only real difference is that Fantasy is heavier and contains a few more sweet and cake notes.

So if this isn't unique what is the point in buying it? The lasting power is unbelievable for a mass-market EDT. One spray and you're sorted for the day [or night]. Not only is it long wearing, but it's also light and non-sickly. Round this off with the fact that the individual notes don't develop differently during different seasons and I'm sold.

If you like gourmand or oriental vanilla fragrances such as Fantasy, Can Can, Falling In Love, Angel, Black Star or Princess you need to give this a try!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was a former pink sugar original fan- loved vanilla and sweet scents but I find myself getting away from those scents. I came across pink sugar sensual and it is fantastic! It is a grown up, sophisticated but fun scent for the girl who loved sweet scents as a teen but is now in her mid 20s! It has a gorgeous, soft dry down. There is a hint of cotton candy, vanilla and a slightly spicy note.

Popular Fragrances