Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by hair type : Other
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

2.9

on 9/29/2014 12:25:00 PM

Ugh. I was told this was a more "grown up" less teenybopper versions of Pink Sugar. Liars.

Very vanilla, not as cotton candy sticky as normal Pink Sugar. There's a little bit of musk and no pink pepper like Pink Sugar. There's a little bit of citrus, but an overwhelming black currant smell. The currant smell just gets stronger, more bitter, stronger and just stanker throughout the day. There's something else in it - maybe jasmine? freesia? - that contributes to the bitterness.

So glad I bought this (blind) for $14.99 at Marshall's so there's not much investment in 3.4 oz.

on 10/18/2012 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a disappointment!!! at first it smelled good out of the bottle.
but when I got home I sprayed this on me, and it smelled disgusting.
maybe It's my body's chemistry, make sure you try it before buying it!

In a sentence, to save you from having to read an entire review....PSS is PS with black currant instead of a burnt sugar note. I admire all the truly genuine reviewers here...great job each and every one of you. I myself like the PSS just a bit better. This is the only flanker I've ever been able to smell the original perfume in also. At first, it's so sweet and strong, you can't sniff it close enough to actually pick up any notes! You have to kinda sneak up slowly to smell it. At first, I smell PS only a very deep sexy PS, and it left me wondering...what IS this? Ah HA...black currant! A favorite note of mine! Black currant is a bottled orgasm for me. I realize this is terribly strong and not for everyone, but it draws me right in. The only thing I didn't care for...and this goes for most scents...is vanilla. I don't get along with vanilla...most often. If I had my druthers, I'd tone it down a bit here. The original PS has that burnt note to me, like many have mentioned, and that was the only turn off for me really, not that I don't like that perfume! I don't get any fruits with PSS like many, and not a trace of licorice to me. I think, for me, the black currant could trick me into thinking there's licorice. It's a very similar smell to licorice...in a way that's impossible for me to describe. I have both PS and PSS now and I'm happy with both. I absolutely love the packaging they come in! LOVE em....but the bottles look like cheap glass ones you'd find in a dollar store and the "ribbons" on each bottle look real tacky...making me keep both bottles in the package out of sheer embarrassment! I think if you love sweet scents, either of these or both, you will be happy! Lasting power for me...terribly good! I should think you could drop a giant if ever you used more than two sprays....one is plenty for me! Again, hats off to all the reviewers here, amazing, truthful, detailed job!

Edit: Pink Sugar Sensual is amazing. It is like a drug...I NEED this forever! At the very least, it's perfection.

I love this! I had the original Pink Sugar and was dying to try this. I think the name is pretty accurate. The original is very cotton candy and seems like a day scent while Sensual has a much more deeper tone that can be worn for night and still smell delicious. It smells almost exactly like Fantasy by Britney Spears to me. It's more vanilla and candy than cotton candy. I would definitely recommend for anyone!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw the 1oz version of this at TJ Maxx for $10, and since I absolutely LOVE the original I decided to pick this up. I have to admit, I didn't like this quite as much as I thought I would. The original was a yummy candy kind of scent, while this one is more of a spicy sweet that I would consider more nighttime-y, or something that would seem more appropriate for older women ^^

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to agree with those who say this isn't as good as the original Pink Sugar. This is supposed to be sensual, but I find it a little weird and...off. I got it for an excellent price at TJMaxx, but I just don't see me reaching for it often.

on 4/20/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am updating my review after wearing this for an evening, No staying power like the regular smells cheap to me just not as good as regular pink sugar this is a dup of fantasy

on 3/19/2011 4:12:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual does not share much with the original Pink Sugar aside from packaging. It's the same bottle but with black accents rather than pink. Okay. It's also very sweet, but much more floral rather than foody. Both have the same vanilla-licorice anchor on them, but whereas Pink Sugar is filled out with carmel-spun-sugar-baked-goods, Pink Sugar Sensual is filled out with sweet, nearly nauseating florals.

I have this love/hate relationship with the original Pink Sugar. I love it when it dries down, love the warm sweet fragrance it leaves in my clothes and hair, love the lingering sugary vanilla... and hate how strong and headache-inducing it is initially, hate how obvious it is I am wearing it, and hate how men seem to really dislike it. Pink Sugar Sensual had the promise of something more adult than Pink Sugar, something that makes up for all of Pink Sugar's deficiencies, but it doesn't do that. It smells very much like something you would expect to smell on a teenager, with the depth and lasting power of a body splash, though it does smell nice and I have been complimented on it. Because this is light and pleasant I will use up my 30ml bottle, but I won't consider repurchasing.

Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Bergamot, Orange blossom
Middle Notes: Pink jasmine, Tiare
Base Notes: Vanilla, Toffee, Sandalwood

on 12/19/2010 10:06:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this at Ulta without smelling it, as I love the original PS and I had a 20 percent coupon. As soon as I sprayed it, I knew I had basically just bought Britney Spears Fantasy. They are so similar to my nose, that there would be no reason to own but one or the other, and you can get great deals on the BS one:) I figured there would be a different outcome once it was on my skin and had time to dry down, but I simply can't tell one from the other on me or smelling it from the bottles!
Still, I love these types of scents, and this didn't cost me but about 20 bucks with my coupon, so I don't regret. Stay away if you don't like foody scents or Fantasy!

I was so excited to try this new version of pink sugar. I got a sample from Sephora and all I can say is it smells just like Fantasy by Brittany Spears, which I am not a fan of. Needless to say, I will be sticking to the original pink sugar.

Popular Fragrances