Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

PINK SUGAR SENSUAL opens with fruity scents of currants and tangerine. Sweet, but not to the point of being sticky and sickly sweet. The currants are stronger on me, but the tangerine note is still well developed. The bergamot must be closely intertwined with the tangerine, because I don't pick up on it.

The initial fruity blast burns down with ten minutes, but a undertone of the currants [and possibly raspberry too] lingers throughout the heart and base of the fragrance. The floral notes are powdery and light and the juicy sweetness of the berries make everything seem breezy, laid back and casual. The jasmine is the strongest floral on my skin, followed by the orange blossom. I still can't detect a hint of the bergamot, but the note of tiare flower is sweet and creamy and adds to the vanilla which seeps up from the base.

The long note of vanilla and the berries linger from the softly floral heart and carry through to the base, giving PINK SUAR SENSUAL a lovely warmth that whispers "come closer" to passers by - making this perfect for people who work in public based settings as you'll seem even more approachable. I'd read that black sugar contains molasses and I was keen to see how it'd be represented in a EDT, but between the vanilla, berries and softly creamy sandalwood, I can't separate any other sweet notes used.

Black currant, tangerine, bergamot, orange blossom, pink jasmine, tiare flower, vanilla, black sugar and sandalwood.

The bottle is a clear glass with a black ribbon motif. Rather plain and cheap-looking, but at least the bottle shape and embalm makes it easy to grip the glass and spray the nozzle. The bottle is the same as the original Pink Sugar, only that uses pink ribbon in it's design.

This is really long lasting - it's just as good as the original Pink Sugar. I wear mine to bed and can still smell it in the morning, for an EDT this is fantastic.

The fruitiness makes this a good choice for daytime and the light florals mean you can safely wear it to work; It may not be the most sophisticated choice for work, but I've received loads of compliments on it. I personally think it's too quiet and not unique enough for evening wear, but if you plan on hitting a packed club then the fragrance's lightness could be good for avoiding scent-induced headaches.

Being fruity and light I class this as being better suited to spring/summer; For such a sweet fragrance it isn't sickly or cloying, even in hot weather. Having said that I do wear mine all year round and have never suffered ill effects and the scent doesn't change in different weather, which many fragrances do.

First things first; PINK SUGAR SENSUAL smells startlingly close to Britney Spears Fantasy - and by startlingly close I mean that when I spray one of each on each wrist I can barely tell the difference. In fact the only real difference is that Fantasy is heavier and contains a few more sweet and cake notes.

So if this isn't unique what is the point in buying it? The lasting power is unbelievable for a mass-market EDT. One spray and you're sorted for the day [or night]. Not only is it long wearing, but it's also light and non-sickly. Round this off with the fact that the individual notes don't develop differently during different seasons and I'm sold.

If you like gourmand or oriental vanilla fragrances such as Fantasy, Can Can, Falling In Love, Angel, Black Star or Princess you need to give this a try!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pink Sugar Sensual was one of those "I MUST HAVE THIS" perfumes! I smelled it at Sephora, and sprayed it on, and couldn't stop thinking about it all day and all night long, especially when I returned to work from my lunch break after sampling it, and at least 3 people told me I smelled amazing and what was I wearing?! Thats when I returned the next day to buy my very own bottle. It has a slight Pink Sugar reminiscence, but with an exotic fruity twist to it. More sophisticated?Hard to explain- I'm not good at analyzing scents like some are on here :) All I know is, it's my current favorite, and I can't get enough!! I also fell for the packaging, too, which comes in a cylindrical casing (like the original) except this is all pale pink but with a gorgeous black lace wrapping imprinted on it. My bf says I smell "intoxicating" and he can smell me in his car after I've been in it and he LOVES that. Totally chic. Delicious.

Popular Fragrances