Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.9

on 5/11/2015 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a compliment on this yesterday from someone standing behind me at the Mother's Day buffet -- a lady in her 20's-30's, who was juggling her 2 young kids. She told me, "You smell good! Your perfume smells so good!". She didn't ask, but I volunteered the name to her. At that point in the day, I couldn't really smell it on myself any more, but I guess others could.

Launched in 2009, here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Bergamot, Black currant, Mandarin
Heart Notes - Pink jasmine, Orange blossom, Tiar�
Base Notes - Sandalwood, Vanilla, Toffee

I also own original Pink Sugar, and the Sensual flanker is *very* different, in my humble opinion -- in a good way -- I like it much better. The "burnt" note of the original PS is completely absent in Sensual (yay) -- and Sensual is much more smooth, soft, and skin-musky -- like a soft, smooth, puffy cloud of light vanilla skin-muskiness. The original is good but tends to give me a headache if I don't use a *tiny* amount -- but Sensual is softer & muskier so that it doesn't give me a headache.

It's almost like 1/2 soft vanilla and 1/2 skin musks -- with an airy-creamy pillowy smoothness and cloudlike quality -- it almost smells like a bath product rather than a spray perfume. Not overly sweet or sugary, it's actuallly very easy-to-wear, soft, feminine, and nice -- and it can work well for any age, I think. Similar to Katy Perry "Meow" and Paris Hilton "Can Can", which I also really like. All are pillowy soft vanilla-based perfumes.

on 12/21/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Sensual is more restrained and refined than Pink Sugar (which while delicious, occasionally makes me think of a cheerful young thing who doesn't notice she is talking too much and too loud).
It's still sweet and cozy, but the sugary notes are subtler so the scent is more nuanced. I was delighted to detect a soft spritz of juicy fruits at the top and the absence of that burnt, bitter licorice note in Pink Sugar. There's also a noticeable soft brown-sugar note in the baked-goods heart that I absolutely adore.
I do see a resemblance to Fantasy (which I also love) in how the fruits are interlaced with an intense candied sweetness and a hint of florals, woods and musk. But Sensual's juicier topnotes don't stick around as long as the quince-kiwi-lychee opening of Fantasy. It cuts quickly to the darker vanilla-sugar heart and is also a touch less sweet and rich.
On me, this lasts a good 7-8 hours, but it wears much closer to the skin than Pink Sugar so it's not going to attract as many compliments (or complaints) unless you reapply often. I love that it's a sweet scent that works in hot weather, and never feels inappropriate even in a professional setting. I've received multiple compliments on this from both genders.
One minor criticism is they didn't put as much effort into the presentation despite the price being the same as original Pink Sugar. The box design is cheap-looking black lace print topped with a plain black lid, as opposed to the adorable textured pink swirls, cuter canister lid and bottle cap on original Pink Sugar.

Yesssss!!

Big fan of Aquolina's Pink Sugar, and spied Pink Sugar Sensual at Marshall's, so grabbed it. Boy, am I glad I did!

It's a sexy, softer, powdery version of Pink Sugar. Sweet black currant, with a bit of orange that sneeks into the notes, and buttery sweet vanilla (not overly, though....just enough vanilla). I love the gourmand scents, and this is a real keeper. As the notes settle down, I love to smell the underside of my wrist and arm because it exudes such as cozy, comfortable feeling.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna go back to Marshall's and get that last bottle tomorrow, fingers crossed that it's still there!

Get it. You'll lurrrve it!

on 10/19/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I liked the original pink sugar, but I got really sick of it quickly.
It was just too sweet.
Pink sugar sensual is sweet, but not overly so and has more floral notes to it that make it smell more suitable for an adult.
As I wore it a few times I noticed it smelled so familiar, and then it hit me one day...it smells almost identical to Britney Spears fantasy. Sort of a mix between fantasy and circus fantasy.
It's nice but not what I was expecting, I thought it would have a bit more spice to it. It's just a sweet floral, and since I already have fantasy there is no point using both.

on 9/15/2012 12:58:00 AM

I love oriental, woody, and incense fragrances, but I also love fruity, creamy, and sparkling florals. I thought Pink Sugar Sensual would be a darker, more complex version of Pink Sugar, and I suppose it is, but I did not like the heavy undercurrent of sandalwood. It was too oily and seemed to directly clash with the lighter notes because the balance between these elements was off, creating an unpleasant distracting effect in my case.

I think Givenchy Very Irresistible and Hanae Mori Butterfly are better examples of how to pull of this combination of a grounded, but sweet fragrance.

on 8/15/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Pink Sugar Sensual is almost identical to BS Fantasy (original pink bottle) to my nose. I do find Fantasy a bit stronger in lasting power and sillage. So if you are looking for a slightly lighter version of Fantasy, then Pink Sugar Sensual fits the bill. I have a large bottle of this (found it for $20) and only a miniature size of Fantasy and I find them too close in scent to own both as full size bottles. I will just stick with the Pink Sugar Sensual when I need a hit of sugary, vanilla sweetness!!

on 8/6/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This scent is beautiful. To me it smells nothing like the Original Pink Sugar. It smells better. It sweet, powdery, and woodsy. Smells soft. I love it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Saw a really big bottle of this for 15 bucks at my TJMaxx and I snatched it up. After trying the sample I recieved from Ulta I was not looking forward to droping 40 or 50 bucks on it but I knew I had to have it so when I saw it I got it. I really like it, it smells sweet but more grown up and while the packaging is nothing cute it is practical and doesnt take up too much space on my crowded dresser. I would buy this again because I do like it but I doubt I will need to because this bottle is huge.

While it isn't an everyday scent for me (I think of it as my girl's night out scent) I still find it enjoyable to wear. It's girly and youthful, but a bit flirty too. If you don't like sweet scents, this one isn't for you. It smells a bit like vanilla and toffee.

Personally, I love this fragrance! I love the smell and I love how it has a pretty good staying power throughout the day. I can see how it might not be some people's cup of tea, but I personally love wearing it!

Popular Fragrances