Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is half vanilla half skin musk which I find delightful. If your bottle of Pink Sugar gets old & started to turn well that doesn't happen to this. It remains true to scent. It's so good!

on 3/1/2014 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this fragrance. It's very sensual as the name says and has a deep vanilla base. Vanilla, sugar, bergamont, citrus, and sandalwood really round this out to be a great fragrance that I find wearable anytime.

I note the vanilla and sandalwood mostly with just a touch of citrus and sugar. I think this is a perfect follow-up to Pink Sugar, which is too sweet for me. This and Gold Sugar are unbelievable.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, so, I finally bought this perfume by my beloved Aquolina. I can wear only Pink Sugar as I cannot stand any other perfume. Florals and weak wearing fragrances aren't tolerated by me. With that said, I personally do not like Sensual. It smells like all the perfumes in the world that I avoid like the plague b/c of their thick, nausea and headache inducing properties. When people say this is a grown up version of Pink Sugar, they are half correct. It's definitely a grown up scent or rather a scent for those into the thick sweet floral-ish scents. It's not a version of Pink Sugar, though. If it was, I'd be all over it. I cannot give this fragrance a poor rating based on my personal preference. I have to say that if I were into this type of fragrance, I'd praise this one. It has great staying power and doesn't stray far from the body. But those of you that love Pink Sugar, don't get your hopes up as you will be gravely disappointed.

on 12/21/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Sensual is more restrained and refined than Pink Sugar (which while delicious, occasionally makes me think of a cheerful young thing who doesn't notice she is talking too much and too loud).
It's still sweet and cozy, but the sugary notes are subtler so the scent is more nuanced. I was delighted to detect a soft spritz of juicy fruits at the top and the absence of that burnt, bitter licorice note in Pink Sugar. There's also a noticeable soft brown-sugar note in the baked-goods heart that I absolutely adore.
I do see a resemblance to Fantasy (which I also love) in how the fruits are interlaced with an intense candied sweetness and a hint of florals, woods and musk. But Sensual's juicier topnotes don't stick around as long as the quince-kiwi-lychee opening of Fantasy. It cuts quickly to the darker vanilla-sugar heart and is also a touch less sweet and rich.
On me, this lasts a good 7-8 hours, but it wears much closer to the skin than Pink Sugar so it's not going to attract as many compliments (or complaints) unless you reapply often. I love that it's a sweet scent that works in hot weather, and never feels inappropriate even in a professional setting. I've received multiple compliments on this from both genders.
One minor criticism is they didn't put as much effort into the presentation despite the price being the same as original Pink Sugar. The box design is cheap-looking black lace print topped with a plain black lid, as opposed to the adorable textured pink swirls, cuter canister lid and bottle cap on original Pink Sugar.

Yesssss!!

Big fan of Aquolina's Pink Sugar, and spied Pink Sugar Sensual at Marshall's, so grabbed it. Boy, am I glad I did!

It's a sexy, softer, powdery version of Pink Sugar. Sweet black currant, with a bit of orange that sneeks into the notes, and buttery sweet vanilla (not overly, though....just enough vanilla). I love the gourmand scents, and this is a real keeper. As the notes settle down, I love to smell the underside of my wrist and arm because it exudes such as cozy, comfortable feeling.

I'm thinking that I'm gonna go back to Marshall's and get that last bottle tomorrow, fingers crossed that it's still there!

Get it. You'll lurrrve it!

I love this scent! It smells just like britney spears fantasy. I love the bottle as well and the box it comes in is soo pretty with the sexy black lace. Will keep buying!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this at TJ maxx, and I like the original, but I LOVE this spin! It is such a great sexy scent, I absolutely love wearing it out, it really gets men's attention. lol... Its top notes are bergamot and black currant, and its heart notes include nuances of jasmine petals with an orange bloom. These give way to sandalwood and vanilla accords that form its base notes. AHHHH incredible!! I would not wear this to work, i think it is a bit heavy, and more of a night time scent. I really recommend this scent to single girls lol, trust me, it gets attention

on 10/26/2012 12:18:00 PM

It is a delicious smell that both men and women compliment me on. Reasonably priced. I find that I reach for it more than I reach for any other scent I own. Rave.

In a sentence, to save you from having to read an entire review....PSS is PS with black currant instead of a burnt sugar note. I admire all the truly genuine reviewers here...great job each and every one of you. I myself like the PSS just a bit better. This is the only flanker I've ever been able to smell the original perfume in also. At first, it's so sweet and strong, you can't sniff it close enough to actually pick up any notes! You have to kinda sneak up slowly to smell it. At first, I smell PS only a very deep sexy PS, and it left me wondering...what IS this? Ah HA...black currant! A favorite note of mine! Black currant is a bottled orgasm for me. I realize this is terribly strong and not for everyone, but it draws me right in. The only thing I didn't care for...and this goes for most scents...is vanilla. I don't get along with vanilla...most often. If I had my druthers, I'd tone it down a bit here. The original PS has that burnt note to me, like many have mentioned, and that was the only turn off for me really, not that I don't like that perfume! I don't get any fruits with PSS like many, and not a trace of licorice to me. I think, for me, the black currant could trick me into thinking there's licorice. It's a very similar smell to licorice...in a way that's impossible for me to describe. I have both PS and PSS now and I'm happy with both. I absolutely love the packaging they come in! LOVE em....but the bottles look like cheap glass ones you'd find in a dollar store and the "ribbons" on each bottle look real tacky...making me keep both bottles in the package out of sheer embarrassment! I think if you love sweet scents, either of these or both, you will be happy! Lasting power for me...terribly good! I should think you could drop a giant if ever you used more than two sprays....one is plenty for me! Again, hats off to all the reviewers here, amazing, truthful, detailed job!

Edit: Pink Sugar Sensual is amazing. It is like a drug...I NEED this forever! At the very least, it's perfection.

on 8/15/2012 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

Pink Sugar Sensual is almost identical to BS Fantasy (original pink bottle) to my nose. I do find Fantasy a bit stronger in lasting power and sillage. So if you are looking for a slightly lighter version of Fantasy, then Pink Sugar Sensual fits the bill. I have a large bottle of this (found it for $20) and only a miniature size of Fantasy and I find them too close in scent to own both as full size bottles. I will just stick with the Pink Sugar Sensual when I need a hit of sugary, vanilla sweetness!!

Popular Fragrances