Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

3.3

on 9/29/2014 12:25:00 PM

Ugh. I was told this was a more "grown up" less teenybopper versions of Pink Sugar. Liars.

Very vanilla, not as cotton candy sticky as normal Pink Sugar. There's a little bit of musk and no pink pepper like Pink Sugar. There's a little bit of citrus, but an overwhelming black currant smell. The currant smell just gets stronger, more bitter, stronger and just stanker throughout the day. There's something else in it - maybe jasmine? freesia? - that contributes to the bitterness.

So glad I bought this (blind) for $14.99 at Marshall's so there's not much investment in 3.4 oz.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, so, I finally bought this perfume by my beloved Aquolina. I can wear only Pink Sugar as I cannot stand any other perfume. Florals and weak wearing fragrances aren't tolerated by me. With that said, I personally do not like Sensual. It smells like all the perfumes in the world that I avoid like the plague b/c of their thick, nausea and headache inducing properties. When people say this is a grown up version of Pink Sugar, they are half correct. It's definitely a grown up scent or rather a scent for those into the thick sweet floral-ish scents. It's not a version of Pink Sugar, though. If it was, I'd be all over it. I cannot give this fragrance a poor rating based on my personal preference. I have to say that if I were into this type of fragrance, I'd praise this one. It has great staying power and doesn't stray far from the body. But those of you that love Pink Sugar, don't get your hopes up as you will be gravely disappointed.

on 12/21/2012 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Sensual is more restrained and refined than Pink Sugar (which while delicious, occasionally makes me think of a cheerful young thing who doesn't notice she is talking too much and too loud).
It's still sweet and cozy, but the sugary notes are subtler so the scent is more nuanced. I was delighted to detect a soft spritz of juicy fruits at the top and the absence of that burnt, bitter licorice note in Pink Sugar. There's also a noticeable soft brown-sugar note in the baked-goods heart that I absolutely adore.
I do see a resemblance to Fantasy (which I also love) in how the fruits are interlaced with an intense candied sweetness and a hint of florals, woods and musk. But Sensual's juicier topnotes don't stick around as long as the quince-kiwi-lychee opening of Fantasy. It cuts quickly to the darker vanilla-sugar heart and is also a touch less sweet and rich.
On me, this lasts a good 7-8 hours, but it wears much closer to the skin than Pink Sugar so it's not going to attract as many compliments (or complaints) unless you reapply often. I love that it's a sweet scent that works in hot weather, and never feels inappropriate even in a professional setting. I've received multiple compliments on this from both genders.
One minor criticism is they didn't put as much effort into the presentation despite the price being the same as original Pink Sugar. The box design is cheap-looking black lace print topped with a plain black lid, as opposed to the adorable textured pink swirls, cuter canister lid and bottle cap on original Pink Sugar.

on 9/15/2012 12:58:00 AM

I love oriental, woody, and incense fragrances, but I also love fruity, creamy, and sparkling florals. I thought Pink Sugar Sensual would be a darker, more complex version of Pink Sugar, and I suppose it is, but I did not like the heavy undercurrent of sandalwood. It was too oily and seemed to directly clash with the lighter notes because the balance between these elements was off, creating an unpleasant distracting effect in my case.

I think Givenchy Very Irresistible and Hanae Mori Butterfly are better examples of how to pull of this combination of a grounded, but sweet fragrance.

on 8/6/2012 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This scent is beautiful. To me it smells nothing like the Original Pink Sugar. It smells better. It sweet, powdery, and woodsy. Smells soft. I love it!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have to agree with those who say this isn't as good as the original Pink Sugar. This is supposed to be sensual, but I find it a little weird and...off. I got it for an excellent price at TJMaxx, but I just don't see me reaching for it often.

on 3/4/2011 6:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Delicious scent this one, smells fruitish and quite similar to britney's fantasy. Expected it to be sensual and warm, it's too cool.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

There is nothing sensual about this scent at all! When I first sprayed it on I got such a strong, sickly sweet scent that I wanted to go wash it off my wrist. But I thought that if I would give it time, maybe the dry down would be better...Wrong! I went out to finish my errands and half way through I turned around, went home and took a shower to clean this smell off me. It smells cheap to me, like something you would smell in a strip club dressing room. Yuck!

on 10/1/2010 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh dear. Oh dear gawd. I was lemming this for the longest time, had spritzed it on and tested it out, and finally bought it today. I don't know why, because it smelled great before, but this is just NOT good. It's like the original pink sugar (which I do love) but with strange citrus/musk notes (at least on my skin)....These never came out the times before when I tested this, so I am superbly let down. I'm returning this to sephora tomorrow. It's a great deal and the packaging is adorable, but despite that, with all the fragrances I have this will be passed up...Go for the original Pink Sugar.

on 9/30/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This perfume is NOT chanel, but it isn't terrible. To me, the original pink sugar is better-suited to teenagers. Super sweet and young.

I love gourmands and orientals. This perfume is good for the office. It opens up terribly on me, but that only lasts for about 15 minutes.

Initially, it is plastic flowers, with an emphasis on jasmine, which i have never really gotten a feel for. The middle is ok, but it settles down nicely. The scent I am left with is vanilla and sandalwood. Aka slightly powdery with some creamy vanilla and sugar.

Good for first dates. The office. Meeting the parents. Not a little black dress to me, as some have said. For a black dress try Coco EDP (not EDT), Coco Mademoiselle, Miss Dior.

All in all: not bad. I did get a compliment from my girlfriend the first time she smelled it on me, so we will see.

Popular Fragrances