Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

Filtered by age: 25-29
Aquolina Pink Sugar Sensual

I thought this would be a much sensual scent of the original. It does smell the same but a little lighter with a hint of citrus, not really a fan.

I like the original Pink Sugar and thought this would be a sexified version of it. Don't get me wrong, this is a great perfume, but I was hoping for something sexier. If you want to smell girly and tasty like Pink Sugar but a more sensual, try Victoria's Secret Noir Tease instead of Pink Sugar Sensual.

I just bought this perfume today at Costco... I was so torn between this one (Pink Sugar Sensual) and the original Pink Sugar. I have owned the original Pink Sugar before and really enjoyed the scent. My ex never really noticed or complimented my perfumes before but I have a distinct memory of him telling me how amazing I smelled when wearing Pink Sugar. But as for Pink Sugar Sensual I have never owned or even smelled it before. I decided to google some reviews while shopping today and then I took the plunge and bought it without having smelled it. I'm so glad I did! It smells sweet, but not the same sweetness as the original Pink Sugar which sort of has that burnt sugar/cotton candy smell that can be sickly sweet. Sensual is more subtle but still very strong in all the good ways. I read a review that compared PS Sensual to Britney Spears Fantasy, which I have never smelled... But I think it smells similar to Paris Hilton's Can Can or KINDA similar to Victoria's Secret Vixen but less fruity. It's sweeter and less powdery then VS Dream Angels Heavenly. The dry down is reminiscent of Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy but not as much berry and gardenia. I hope this is helping, I suck at describing scents so I'm trying to just go off of what I have lol. I can't stop smelling where I sprayed PInk Sugar Sensual... I'm LOVING it. It reminds me of another perfume I used to wear but I can't put my finger on it right now, ugh. I will update when I figure it out :)

Look for this in Costco, right now it's only $28 for both the 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette and the rollerball!!

Packaging- meh.
Price- yay!
Scent- yessss... love!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this at TJ maxx, and I like the original, but I LOVE this spin! It is such a great sexy scent, I absolutely love wearing it out, it really gets men's attention. lol... Its top notes are bergamot and black currant, and its heart notes include nuances of jasmine petals with an orange bloom. These give way to sandalwood and vanilla accords that form its base notes. AHHHH incredible!! I would not wear this to work, i think it is a bit heavy, and more of a night time scent. I really recommend this scent to single girls lol, trust me, it gets attention

on 10/19/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I liked the original pink sugar, but I got really sick of it quickly.
It was just too sweet.
Pink sugar sensual is sweet, but not overly so and has more floral notes to it that make it smell more suitable for an adult.
As I wore it a few times I noticed it smelled so familiar, and then it hit me one day...it smells almost identical to Britney Spears fantasy. Sort of a mix between fantasy and circus fantasy.
It's nice but not what I was expecting, I thought it would have a bit more spice to it. It's just a sweet floral, and since I already have fantasy there is no point using both.

on 12/18/2011 6:24:00 AM

got a sample of this from ulta, and all i can say is im in love :) this stuff smells sooo good i want to lick my arm when its on. my boyfriend even loves it, and he doesnt usually comment on my fragrances. it's not too sweet like pink sugar, and it has a little more of a grown up feel to it. i like pink sugar as well, but sometimes its just overdone. this gives me the same pink sugar notes as the original with a little more spice. love it!

While it isn't an everyday scent for me (I think of it as my girl's night out scent) I still find it enjoyable to wear. It's girly and youthful, but a bit flirty too. If you don't like sweet scents, this one isn't for you. It smells a bit like vanilla and toffee.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've been wearing the original Pink Sugar for about 4 years now and although I get many compliments on it, I've always felt it is a little bit childish of a scent for my age. My best friend bought me Pink Sugar sensual for my birthday and on first sniff I was a little turned off because I expected more of the sweet vanilla-y goodness of the original, but after it dried down to a sweet jasmine candylike scent. I actually enjoy Pink Sugar Sensual much more than the original. I have both side by side in my perfume collection and when my friends come over they always compare the two and so far the majority of them like the new one better.

on 3/19/2011 4:12:00 PM

Pink Sugar Sensual does not share much with the original Pink Sugar aside from packaging. It's the same bottle but with black accents rather than pink. Okay. It's also very sweet, but much more floral rather than foody. Both have the same vanilla-licorice anchor on them, but whereas Pink Sugar is filled out with carmel-spun-sugar-baked-goods, Pink Sugar Sensual is filled out with sweet, nearly nauseating florals.

I have this love/hate relationship with the original Pink Sugar. I love it when it dries down, love the warm sweet fragrance it leaves in my clothes and hair, love the lingering sugary vanilla... and hate how strong and headache-inducing it is initially, hate how obvious it is I am wearing it, and hate how men seem to really dislike it. Pink Sugar Sensual had the promise of something more adult than Pink Sugar, something that makes up for all of Pink Sugar's deficiencies, but it doesn't do that. It smells very much like something you would expect to smell on a teenager, with the depth and lasting power of a body splash, though it does smell nice and I have been complimented on it. Because this is light and pleasant I will use up my 30ml bottle, but I won't consider repurchasing.

Top Notes: Blackcurrant, Mandarin, Bergamot, Orange blossom
Middle Notes: Pink jasmine, Tiare
Base Notes: Vanilla, Toffee, Sandalwood

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

PINK SUGAR SENSUAL opens with fruity scents of currants and tangerine. Sweet, but not to the point of being sticky and sickly sweet. The currants are stronger on me, but the tangerine note is still well developed. The bergamot must be closely intertwined with the tangerine, because I don't pick up on it.

The initial fruity blast burns down with ten minutes, but a undertone of the currants [and possibly raspberry too] lingers throughout the heart and base of the fragrance. The floral notes are powdery and light and the juicy sweetness of the berries make everything seem breezy, laid back and casual. The jasmine is the strongest floral on my skin, followed by the orange blossom. I still can't detect a hint of the bergamot, but the note of tiare flower is sweet and creamy and adds to the vanilla which seeps up from the base.

The long note of vanilla and the berries linger from the softly floral heart and carry through to the base, giving PINK SUAR SENSUAL a lovely warmth that whispers "come closer" to passers by - making this perfect for people who work in public based settings as you'll seem even more approachable. I'd read that black sugar contains molasses and I was keen to see how it'd be represented in a EDT, but between the vanilla, berries and softly creamy sandalwood, I can't separate any other sweet notes used.

Black currant, tangerine, bergamot, orange blossom, pink jasmine, tiare flower, vanilla, black sugar and sandalwood.

The bottle is a clear glass with a black ribbon motif. Rather plain and cheap-looking, but at least the bottle shape and embalm makes it easy to grip the glass and spray the nozzle. The bottle is the same as the original Pink Sugar, only that uses pink ribbon in it's design.

This is really long lasting - it's just as good as the original Pink Sugar. I wear mine to bed and can still smell it in the morning, for an EDT this is fantastic.

The fruitiness makes this a good choice for daytime and the light florals mean you can safely wear it to work; It may not be the most sophisticated choice for work, but I've received loads of compliments on it. I personally think it's too quiet and not unique enough for evening wear, but if you plan on hitting a packed club then the fragrance's lightness could be good for avoiding scent-induced headaches.

Being fruity and light I class this as being better suited to spring/summer; For such a sweet fragrance it isn't sickly or cloying, even in hot weather. Having said that I do wear mine all year round and have never suffered ill effects and the scent doesn't change in different weather, which many fragrances do.

First things first; PINK SUGAR SENSUAL smells startlingly close to Britney Spears Fantasy - and by startlingly close I mean that when I spray one of each on each wrist I can barely tell the difference. In fact the only real difference is that Fantasy is heavier and contains a few more sweet and cake notes.

So if this isn't unique what is the point in buying it? The lasting power is unbelievable for a mass-market EDT. One spray and you're sorted for the day [or night]. Not only is it long wearing, but it's also light and non-sickly. Round this off with the fact that the individual notes don't develop differently during different seasons and I'm sold.

If you like gourmand or oriental vanilla fragrances such as Fantasy, Can Can, Falling In Love, Angel, Black Star or Princess you need to give this a try!

Popular Fragrances