Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub

4.7

Glycerin, Maris sal (Sea salt), Sucrose, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl stearate, Butylene glycol, Sodium chloride, PEG-100 stearate, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Macadamia integrifolia shell powder, Citrus aurantifolia (Lime) oil, Dioctyl Adipate, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl alcohol, Ricinus communis (Castor) seed oil, Stearalkonium hectorite, Talc, Propylene carbonate, Propylene glycol, BHA, Propyl gallate, Limonene, Linalool, Citral, Citric acid, CI 77492 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77491 (Iron oxides).

on 4/15/2016 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

While I'm not mad for the packaging (a big, open-topped jar that isn't the most convenient for use in my shower), I LOOOOVE this product. I've used Soap and Glory's Flake Away and Scrub of Your Life for years and liked them both very, very much but I needed to spend a bit extra to get a purchase up to the "bonus points" level so grabbed a jar of this blissful scrub. The scent reminds me of Philosophy's Senorita Margarita or B&BW's I Need A Margarita - that nice, sharp lime scent. I find this scrub works best if I apply it on dry skin or only barely damp skin....if my skin is too wet, it slides around a bit too much and doesn't do the best job of exfoliating but applied on dry skin, it gets all the dead flakes off my legs and leaves all of me feeling smooth and the oils in it help leave my skin silky and moisturized. A really lovely product and I like it so much I also purchased the "non-scrub" body wash in the same scent.

This is a nice scrub that makes my skin feel smooth. I have tried a few exfoliators before: derma doctors KP duty scrub, regular epsom salts, a cheap scrub from target, and exfoliating loofahs and towels. The best from these few (and the only ones that make me feel smooth and soft) are Dermadoctors and this sugar crush scrub. This one makes me a tiny bit less smooth than the dermadoctor scrub but considering the price i would rather repurchase the sugar crush scrub. The sugar crush scrubs smells just like lemonheads candy. So if you like that smell you'll like this smell. To apply make sure to NOT have soaking wet skin. If your skin is too wet the scrub will fall off and not scrub well. So usually I use this on damp skin then rinse off and it works well.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I am SO impressed by this scrub!!! It smells scrumptious, just one of the best scents I've ever smelled! It's like key lime pie and a margarita almost. When I use this in the shower, the steam makes the scent fill the room and it is so nice!! I have dry, sensitive skin and this improves my skins appearance and feel. When I run out I am repurchasing!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is the review for the Sugar Crush Body Buttercream. First off, THE SMELL. Oh, the smell, the sweet lime wins me over every time. I find myself sniffing the jar like five times a day because it smells so good, citrusy and fresh. Now the actual cream, it is pretty dense so you don't need much at all. I literally put a dab on my dry hands and it is completely absorbed within 15 minutes with no greasy feel. My hands felt soo soft, no other lotion I've used does that, it just sits there. $15 for 10 oz of product, great value and worth every penny. This stuff is heavenly, buy it. You won't regret it.

on 11/15/2015 1:19:00 PM

I usually use Freeman scrubs, but I really wanted to try Soap & Glory products, so I picked this scrub up at Ulta. I believe it was around 15-20 bucks? Kind of pricey, in my opinion. It comes in a jar in cute packaging. Your supposed to use it in the shower, so I did precisely that. I find the scent to be heavenly! I usually dislike citrus-like scents, but I am surprisingly okay with this scent. There are oils in this scrub, so even after exfoliating, it feels as if there is moisture already there. I notice that it is much easier to just turn off the water and scrub or else the scrub might slip off. I also use it to scrub my feet and it does very nicely. It sticks to the pumice stone, but it is a scrub that dissolves well. The problem with it being in jar form is that it might be easy to collect germs. You use your hands to get the product and it's an open container. I am not really all that concerned, but this is a warning for those who are. S & G offers scrubs in tube form too though. I really love this product and have fallen in love with the scent. I actually get excited to use it!

I love Soap & Glory products, and they have a pretty extensive selection of scrubs to choose from! This was my first scrub purchase and I absolutely love it. The sugar crystals give the skin a very good scrub – be careful, it can get painful – and the oils in the scrub just softens the skin even further. The scent isn't overly offensive, I was a tad worried it may be too sweet for my liking but after use, it left my skin ever so gently fragranced in a wonderful, non offensive way. At drugstore prices – less than RM50 – it's something I've been repurchasing for a while as it does the job really well and my sensitive skin is happy.

on 2/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

I absolutely love this body scrub. Slightly more then the breakfast scrub! This one just seems slightly more moisturising and oily, but in a really nourished way. This scrub smells great and works so well, it really does such a great job of getting rid of dead skin cells and leaves a lovely moistened canvas for lotion or fake tan. Beautiful scrub and is really good value. These skin care items are often available on 3 for 2 at Boots both instore and online, and at £8 for a large tub it is definitely a great buy! Definite repurchase

Great scrub, great ingredients & wonderful scent! Non - greasy/ oily; exfoliates very well too. Will r/ p.

I'm fully prepared for the backlash this review may get, but I have to go completely against popular opinion on this and say how much I absolutely HATED this body scrub. Sadly it's another S&G product to add to the ever increasing list of S&G products I can't stand.

So let's start with the scent. It states on the packaging that this has 'smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains' in it. In my opinion this should have given it a sweet and sour kind of smell with a hint of lime, but to my nostrils it just smelt like a mix between heavy duty toilet cleaner and my local swimming baths.

I would also question its scrubbing abilities. Once applied, this one seemed determined to spend most of its time dropping down the plughole in the shower rather than actually sticking to my skin, meaning I used a lot more in one shower than I'm sure you're supposed to. And what I did manage to salvage didn't really do anything of great note for my skin.

For 8.00 I can definitely get much better body scrubs. LUSH's Rub, Rub, Rub (8.50 for 330g) is much nicer, scrubs much better and smells divine. Alternatively Tree Hut's Shea Sugar Body Scrub in Tropical Mango (10.19 for 510g) sticks to your skin like glue, exfoliates like a wonder, leaves your skin amazingly soft and smells like a dream.

S&G continue to disappoint me and yet oddly I keep buying into the hype. Perhaps now is the time for me to finely stop...

I finally broke down and bought one of these soap and glory scrubs since my local shoppers drug mart had a sale... The prices fell from $20 to $15. And I'm so glad I grabbed this. I picked sugar crush after smelling all the different types of soap and glory body scrubs and I thought this one has the best scent. It reminds me of citrus fruits/ lemon cake somehow and it really wakes you up. The product itself has large granules of sugar and little grains of macadamia shells that helps with removing / scrubbing off the rough patches all over your body.
I use this after standing under the shower and making sure my whole body is wet... And because its a gel type consistency I move away from the shower head and water stream and start massaging/ scrubbing my body for couple of minutes. Then I just move back under the water and rinse off. I think if you didn't move away from the shower head, all the product will just end up on the bottom of your shower floor.
I will purchase another tub of this while its still on sale :) I really love how it made my skin and keratosis pilaris smooth, without irritating my skin.