Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit

Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this kit on sale and I love it. I really like the colors. Love the Red.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This was actually my first Urban Decay product ever. My aunt gave it to me for Christmas when I still wasn't really into specific brands and makeup products.

The colors are all really nice, especially for fall/winter. They have fairly good staying power and I usually only need 1-2 coats instead of my usual 2-3. My only complaint is the little bottles are sooooo small.. I'm almost out of several of them already!

I don't usually like to repurchase nail polish since I would rather get a new color instead, but this may push me to break that rule since I like it so much.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this set off of Hautelook after having purchased the "Summer of Love" nail kit, and I love it! I have used all of the polishes and they all have excellent staying power. I highly recommend this and all Urban Decay nail polishes!

on 3/12/2011 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

These colours are great for fall/winter! Their only downfall is that they all need about 2-3 coats to show their true colours, which I probably wouldn't mind as much if these were full-sized. My favourites in the collection are Apocalypse, Big Bang, and F-Bomb.
I'll review them from their positions left-right in the original packaging:
White Widow - a sheer, pearly off-white... nothing special
Gunmetal - on my nails, the colour looked almost pearly greige - more on the grey side, though
Apocalypse - a deep plum shade (no sparkles) that looks nearly black unless you look closely
Grunge - a pearly navy blue. Looks excellent when worn with a true white top or a true white dress for that grunge-vs.-nautical look!
Meltdown - a brighter royal purple with sort of a sheen to it. Quite similar to Just a Little Dangerous by Sephora by OPI
Big Bang - a sparkly (but not glittery) hot pink. Yay! I'd say this colour is the only one out of all of them that breaks the whole tortured-artist palette colour scheme. It's a fun colour, but not too bright for fall or winter. It's a pick-me-up!
F-Bomb - this is an "f" me red. It's a blue-based red that'll age you when worn with long nails or give you a fierce young look when worn with short, neatly manicured nails

Overall, I'd say this palette is good to buy if you have the means. Don't save up for it -- you can find a lot of these shades at cheaper prices at drugstores.

on 11/26/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love pretty much all of the colors in this collection. White Widow is definitely my favorite though. It's a beautiful kind of ghostly off-white color with a bit of shimmer that makes it look a bit grungy and I think it's really flattering! The formula is a bit of a problem though. Most of the polishes are on the thin side and don't have much staying power. I like to wear a mani for a week or more but with these colors it's only three days or so before there's major chipping. The bottles are minis which I hate because they're such beautiful colors! But they are bigger than OPI minis and have a nice full-sized brush so it's not too bad. I got mine for $20 on eBay and I definitely wouldn't have paid $28 for it, but if you can find it cheaper it's worth getting. I love the color names too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got this at hautelook.com for really cheap price.. I love that it comes in small bottles so i don't waste the ones that I don't like. Colors are really punk-rock-chic.. I don't like the smell.. but most nail polish smells bad.... I got it for cheap so I love it more.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

These colors are very beautiful. I think all people can get use from this kit. Wish they were full size, but still great none-the-less!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wouldnt repurchase this kit because I would repurchase the FULL size! The polishes are great but they are so tiny they are kind of hard to work with... The red in this is MY GO TO red! It is beautiful and deep and perfect!

I bought this set on hautelook for 12, so that was definitely the right price for me. I've been a big fan of UD polishes ever since I first tried Bruise when I was 12, but could never find them anywhere! Well, 12 years later I've finally got my own set. I'm very pleased with the fabulous colors and the Apocalypse theme (absolutely perfect!), but just like everyone else, I wish these colors could be sold separately in bigger bottles! I know I'll use up F-Bomb and White Widow...then where will I get more? : (
Anyway, I'm a huge fan of the formula, it goes on super smooth, and even though the bottles are small, they and the brushes are of decent quality. I would definitely recommend this set if you can find it for less than the suggested retail price! I lucked out, and I'm glad I did.

on 5/4/2010 3:14:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

This is a really cute kit. The bag can be used for makeup and the bottles are small, but cute. If you get it for around $20 the value isn't bad.

The colors are White Widow (dirty white), Gunmetal (greyish brown), Apocolypse (purple-ish black), Grunge (super dark peacock blue), Meltdown (vibrant grape purple), Big Bang (glittery hot pink), and Fbomb (glossy red). For separate color reviews look up each color separately.

I wouldn't buy this again because I'd only want one or two of them if I ran out, but I am glad I bought the whole kit. It's fun trying the different colors and I like the cosmetic bag.

Popular Polishes