Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Alcohol-Free Toner - Cucumber

Thayers Witch Hazel Aloe Vera Formula Alcohol-Free Toner - Cucumber
Thayers Witch Hazel Toner w/ Cucumber & Aloe

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

on 3/16/2019 2:59:00 PM

I love this witch hazel toner. I prefer the non scented one tho. I use this immediately after washing my face on a cotton pad. It helps remove any makeup I missed and leaves my skin feeling clean. This doesn't dry out my combo skin. It's a bit basic but that's part of it's appeal to me. It's no frills and does it's job. Of course I follow with other products. I feels this preps my skin for serums beautifully.

Pros:
Preps for skincare.
Leaves skin clean and refreshed.
Non drying.
Price plus you get a large amount.

Cons:
Scent/fragrance. I prefer my skincare to be fragrance free.

This is a staple for me. I always have a bottle in my cabinet. I'll stick to the fragrance free version tho.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I personally love, love, love the cucumber scent! It is so natural and fresh smelling not fake and candy-like.
Sadly I cannot use this all over the face as witch hazel makes my skin so much more oily and it takes days if not weeks to get it balanced again. Witch hazel is usually recommended for oily skin but it has always wreaked havoc on my skin making it more oily.
However, it works well to decrease puffiness and irritation around the eyes. For me, it does have a slight warm sensation upon applying around the eyes but quickly subsides and does not cause any irritation or dryness.
I really doubt I will repurchase but I may keep a small bottle around, of the cucumber version, for days I am struggling with puffy under eyes.

-from the website, Our cooling essence has a deliciously serene effect on the body. Experience our formula for serenity now! Cucumber is packed with Vitamin C and caffeic acid, which are key in soothing the skin by reducing puffiness and irritation. Antioxidants in cucumbers diminish clogged pores and help fade dark circles under eyes, blemishes, and scarring. Vitamin B-5 in cucumbers also help to retain moisture in the skin, allowing for your skin to feel fresh all day.

on 11/10/2018 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Meh...

I first tried Thayers Rosewater Toner. I like witch hazel but the Watkins version STANK. Based on that experience, I was happy with the true rose scent. However, it was a bit more moisturizing than I liked except during the coldest months in winter.

Thayers Cucumber Toner smells exactly like freshly cut cucumbers, if that's something you like. The scent is ok, imo. It doesn't seem to be as moisturizing as the rose version, which I like.

I haven't expected nor noticed any major changes in my skin from using these products, but I like to use a toner to remove any remaining cleanser or makeup and to make my skin feel fresher. Perimenopause has been a real b*tch to my skin and I have become super oily and breakout prone once again. I need to be diligent about keeping my skin as clean as possible without stripping all moisture.

Would I buy this again? Possibly. I want an alcohol-free toner that is not harsh or expensive, and this fit the bill. Cute and practical bottle with a nice flip top. Not a miracle worker, but a decent product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am not sure I understand the hype for these toners. I had previously tried out the rose petal version with very bad results (it burned my skin), so I decided to give the cucumber one a go in hopes it would treat my skin better. Alas, it was not to be. Within seconds of applying, my face turned bright tomato red and started burning! I washed it off as fast as possible, but the redness didn’t subside for another hour. I am not sure what ingredient caused this, but I’ve learned my lesson and will steer clear of Thayers from now on.

on 8/28/2018 11:58:00 PM

I was so excited about the scent - it’s so fresh and light, perfect to wake you up in the morning! However, this left an odd film on my face that left it feeling almost sticky. I was hoping this toner would help with some breakouts I had, but, unfortunately it was a poor choice that made matters worse. I went back to using my HG Dickinson’s and my breakouts are now healing. I wanted to love this, it was so disappointing!

on 12/8/2017 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Switched from Dickensons to this because this had a lot of other added ingredients that I️ thought would be nice for my skin. I️ have very oily skin, but I️ do have a routine that controls it very well to the point where I️ can finally go a whole day without blotting and not look like a deep fryer. The Dickenson toner was apart of that routine and worked great but I️ wanted to try this to see if it was better. This left a disgusting film on my skin and I️ do let my toner sink in before I️ continue with my routine. Not only that but it made me look so greasy and required me to blot my skin two hours after use. I️t didn’t make me produce more oil, but the residue left on my skin make me look gross. Sad I️ wasted my money on this, the ingredients in this are wonderful and I’m sure beneficial, but for the price looking like a grease ball isn’t worth it. Buy the Dickenson brand, you get a lot more product for a lot less.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

They changed the formula, I used to use this for 4 years in a row, and I would get it on sale at Whole Foods every 3 months or so however after they change the formula it made me break out every single day I thought it was stress and I thought maybe I had some sort of hormonal problem, but after changing to a different toner I realized it was because they changed the formula for this and I never went back to this I don't know what it is but I haven't bought it in a year and I no longer recommend it but it might just be me if you want to try it just go to Whole Foods and they will let you return it even if you hate it after you've used it for a month or two as long as you stay within the return policy date, this used to be the top rated toner on this website and that's why I loved it but now I haven't bought it in over a year

I used the rose version of this toner for years and I wish I had made the switch sooner. I have oily, Acne prone skin and the rose version did nothing really for me. I assumed it was a good thing, because nothing bad was really happening from it either. But this stuff is so calming on my skin, and helps clean up my excess oil. My face really feels so clean after using it. Not my usual oiliness the rose left me with. I love this stuff!

on 7/23/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have finally found the perfect product to get rid of undereye puffiness/bags. This stuff is simply amazing!! It's an alcohol-free toner that will not dry out your fragile undereye area. It contains purified water, organic aloe, glycerin, organic witch hazel, cucumber and grapefruit seed extract. I've tried just about everything on the planet to get rid of under eye bags/puffiness that has come with age & late nights not getting enough sleep. I notice that my bags are much worse upon waking and seem to slowly diminish as the day progresses and I am up moving around and sweating during my workouts...but then they return again the next morning when I wake up. I know it's not sodium related as I drink tons of water, don't consume a lot of salt & work up a good sweat daily. I truly believe it is hormonal in nature due to aging. I've bought every pricey thing Sephora & Ulta sells that has had great reviews and also anything the drugstore offers with good reviews. NOTHING helped. I started doing some research and came across recommendations for Witch Hazel. Most of the drugstore types contained 10-15% alcohol though and I didn't want to put that on my fragile undereye skin and create a whole nother problem. I finally found a organic, 100% alcohol-free witch hazel through Target's website. They didn't carry it in store so I ordered it and they will ship it to your local store for pick-up so you can avoid shipping charges. I am simply amazed at how perfectly this stuff works! There are several alcohol free versions (scents) offered by Thayers but i choose the Cucumber one since Cucumber is also highly recommended for undereye puffiness. You can apply it with a cottonball or you can pour a little into your palm and dab it heavily under your eyes and then just let it soak in. Sometimes I freeze it into little silicone ice cube trays and run those under my eyes. It's super refreshing and relieves the puffiness within minutes. Plus the cucumber smells great! HIGHLY recommend this stuff! This stuff has great ingredients & is only $10 for a 12oz bottle vs the $50-$100 creams & gels I've bought that didn't do anything to remove the puffiness. Try it. You will be amazed! I've stocking up on this stuff in case they quit making it. It's also very refreshing to use on your face during the hot, sticky summer months after you remove your makeup. It keeps your pores clear to boot.

on 5/5/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I purchased this toner after reading many positive comments. And below summarises my thoughts about this toner.

Pro:
1. Inexpensive with such a big bottle (355ml).
2. Non alcohol. So need not to worry it will sting and tight the skin.
3. Very watery, mild and with nice cucumber scent.
4. Has cooling effect and can feel the cooling sensation after application.
5. Moisturizes and hydrates the skin very well. Skin feel soft and clean.
6. Can be used as a facial mask too. (Wet cotton pads with the toner & place them all over the face and neck, leaves for 10-15 mins)
7. Doesn't creates any irritation or causes acne to the skin.

Cons:
Doesn't helps on most common skin problems.

Conclusion, although it doesn't helps with major skin problems but it is still a very good facial toner to opt for if your concern ain't to fight against your skin problem. It is more towards a cleansing and hydration lotion.
I tried the Lemon Witch Hazel also and it works wonder as well. Just that skin will feel abit tight since it is with lemon extract.