Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.3

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

They changed the formula, I used to use this for 4 years in a row, and I would get it on sale at Whole Foods every 3 months or so however after they change the formula it made me break out every single day I thought it was stress and I thought maybe I had some sort of hormonal problem, but after changing to a different toner I realized it was because they changed the formula for this and I never went back to this I don't know what it is but I haven't bought it in a year and I no longer recommend it but it might just be me if you want to try it just go to Whole Foods and they will let you return it even if you hate it after you've used it for a month or two as long as you stay within the return policy date, this used to be the top rated toner on this website and that's why I loved it but now I haven't bought it in over a year

I used the rose version of this toner for years and I wish I had made the switch sooner. I have oily, Acne prone skin and the rose version did nothing really for me. I assumed it was a good thing, because nothing bad was really happening from it either. But this stuff is so calming on my skin, and helps clean up my excess oil. My face really feels so clean after using it. Not my usual oiliness the rose left me with. I love this stuff!

on 7/23/2017 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I have finally found the perfect product to get rid of undereye puffiness/bags. This stuff is simply amazing!! It's an alcohol-free toner that will not dry out your fragile undereye area. It contains purified water, organic aloe, glycerin, organic witch hazel, cucumber and grapefruit seed extract. I've tried just about everything on the planet to get rid of under eye bags/puffiness that has come with age & late nights not getting enough sleep. I notice that my bags are much worse upon waking and seem to slowly diminish as the day progresses and I am up moving around and sweating during my workouts...but then they return again the next morning when I wake up. I know it's not sodium related as I drink tons of water, don't consume a lot of salt & work up a good sweat daily. I truly believe it is hormonal in nature due to aging. I've bought every pricey thing Sephora & Ulta sells that has had great reviews and also anything the drugstore offers with good reviews. NOTHING helped. I started doing some research and came across recommendations for Witch Hazel. Most of the drugstore types contained 10-15% alcohol though and I didn't want to put that on my fragile undereye skin and create a whole nother problem. I finally found a organic, 100% alcohol-free witch hazel through Target's website. They didn't carry it in store so I ordered it and they will ship it to your local store for pick-up so you can avoid shipping charges. I am simply amazed at how perfectly this stuff works! There are several alcohol free versions (scents) offered by Thayers but i choose the Cucumber one since Cucumber is also highly recommended for undereye puffiness. You can apply it with a cottonball or you can pour a little into your palm and dab it heavily under your eyes and then just let it soak in. Sometimes I freeze it into little silicone ice cube trays and run those under my eyes. It's super refreshing and relieves the puffiness within minutes. Plus the cucumber smells great! HIGHLY recommend this stuff! This stuff has great ingredients & is only $10 for a 12oz bottle vs the $50-$100 creams & gels I've bought that didn't do anything to remove the puffiness. Try it. You will be amazed! I've stocking up on this stuff in case they quit making it. It's also very refreshing to use on your face during the hot, sticky summer months after you remove your makeup. It keeps your pores clear to boot.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very refreshing, doesn't irritate my skin , does not leave resedu , I use it around my eyes with no problem, gonna buy this again

on 5/5/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I purchased this toner after reading many positive comments. And below summarises my thoughts about this toner.

Pro:
1. Inexpensive with such a big bottle (355ml).
2. Non alcohol. So need not to worry it will sting and tight the skin.
3. Very watery, mild and with nice cucumber scent.
4. Has cooling effect and can feel the cooling sensation after application.
5. Moisturizes and hydrates the skin very well. Skin feel soft and clean.
6. Can be used as a facial mask too. (Wet cotton pads with the toner & place them all over the face and neck, leaves for 10-15 mins)
7. Doesn't creates any irritation or causes acne to the skin.

Cons:
Doesn't helps on most common skin problems.

Conclusion, although it doesn't helps with major skin problems but it is still a very good facial toner to opt for if your concern ain't to fight against your skin problem. It is more towards a cleansing and hydration lotion.
I tried the Lemon Witch Hazel also and it works wonder as well. Just that skin will feel abit tight since it is with lemon extract.

on 2/11/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so disappointed this did not work for me. I love the cucumber smell and it didn't leave my skin stripped or tight but there was a strange sensation when I used it.. not sure how to explain it... maybe a "numbing" sensation? My face broke out in red bumps everywhere and it felt somewhat itchy. I've used the rose petal stuff and never had this problem... nor with the "original" formula (which was too stinky and drying.. because of the alcohol). The packaging is also terrible.. it leaks.. so beware when you travel! Anyways, if I buy Thayers again it will be the rose petal witch hazel because it worked really well for my skin.

on 8/12/2015 11:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but it broke me out. I started using it every day for almost 2 weeks, and I wasn't sure what was causing my breakouts. My breakouts cleared up after I discontinued use. Although, I do like the rose version of it, so I will continue using that.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Honestly...meh. I bought this after trying the rosewater version which I enjoyed far better. This stuff smells really...authentic. If that's what you're into then that's great because it smells like straight up cucumbers.. not my thing. Anyhow, I didn't find anything special about this toner. It's pretty basic. I will be repurchasing the rosewater version if anything.

It's all natural, fantastic and I think around $7-$12 depending on where you buy it, it has a slight cooling sensation but its not that noticeable, I prefer this one to the rose scented one, the scent is extremely light and goes away after a minute, it does leave a slight sticky feeling though which might bother some people

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This thing is amazing awwww. Where have you been?? After 3 times using only, i feel refresh and my skin becomes soft, smooth that I just wanna touch everytime, it amazed me because I've never felt like that in my LIFE. More than that, I can see my pore size reduced, not only after using it, but maintaining for whole day. And must I mention the price? Totally reasonable