Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.4

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

on 5/5/2017 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I purchased this toner after reading many positive comments. And below summarises my thoughts about this toner.

Pro:
1. Inexpensive with such a big bottle (355ml).
2. Non alcohol. So need not to worry it will sting and tight the skin.
3. Very watery, mild and with nice cucumber scent.
4. Has cooling effect and can feel the cooling sensation after application.
5. Moisturizes and hydrates the skin very well. Skin feel soft and clean.
6. Can be used as a facial mask too. (Wet cotton pads with the toner & place them all over the face and neck, leaves for 10-15 mins)
7. Doesn't creates any irritation or causes acne to the skin.

Cons:
Doesn't helps on most common skin problems.

Conclusion, although it doesn't helps with major skin problems but it is still a very good facial toner to opt for if your concern ain't to fight against your skin problem. It is more towards a cleansing and hydration lotion.
I tried the Lemon Witch Hazel also and it works wonder as well. Just that skin will feel abit tight since it is with lemon extract.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Very refreshing, doesn't irritate my skin , does not leave resedu , I use it around my eyes with no problem, gonna buy this again

on 2/11/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so disappointed this did not work for me. I love the cucumber smell and it didn't leave my skin stripped or tight but there was a strange sensation when I used it.. not sure how to explain it... maybe a "numbing" sensation? My face broke out in red bumps everywhere and it felt somewhat itchy. I've used the rose petal stuff and never had this problem... nor with the "original" formula (which was too stinky and drying.. because of the alcohol). The packaging is also terrible.. it leaks.. so beware when you travel! Anyways, if I buy Thayers again it will be the rose petal witch hazel because it worked really well for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly...meh. I bought this after trying the rosewater version which I enjoyed far better. This stuff smells really...authentic. If that's what you're into then that's great because it smells like straight up cucumbers.. not my thing. Anyhow, I didn't find anything special about this toner. It's pretty basic. I will be repurchasing the rosewater version if anything.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This thing is amazing awwww. Where have you been?? After 3 times using only, i feel refresh and my skin becomes soft, smooth that I just wanna touch everytime, it amazed me because I've never felt like that in my LIFE. More than that, I can see my pore size reduced, not only after using it, but maintaining for whole day. And must I mention the price? Totally reasonable

on 8/12/2015 11:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but it broke me out. I started using it every day for almost 2 weeks, and I wasn't sure what was causing my breakouts. My breakouts cleared up after I discontinued use. Although, I do like the rose version of it, so I will continue using that.

It's all natural, fantastic and I think around $7-$12 depending on where you buy it, it has a slight cooling sensation but its not that noticeable, I prefer this one to the rose scented one, the scent is extremely light and goes away after a minute, it does leave a slight sticky feeling though which might bother some people

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using the Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber, Rose, and Unscented toners off and on since 2010 and I think I'm finally ready to commit and say that they are definitely HG for me. I have oily skin and find the Rose version too hydrating for spring/summer use, but this and the Unscented actually have somewhat of a balancing effect for me. It's also safe to say that I prefer the smell of the former two.

In addition to my relentless oiliness, my skin is very sensitive (prone to rashes, redness, stinging, itching -- you name it!) and clog-prone. Lately I've been dealing with quite a bit of irritation and inflammatory acne due to a failed Finacea experiment among other stupid ideas. I remembered how calm and clear my skin was when I used Thayers on a daily basis and figured it was worth a shot since nothing else seemed to be helping. So far I've been back on the train for about a week and my skin is already so much better. So far my skin is: calmer, more hydrated, smoother, 60% clearer, and void of any new spots.

In addition to the visible benefits, I've noticed that my treatments sink in much better and faster than when I was applying them straight after cleansing. It has also relieved me of a bad case of dehydration and I'm finding that I no longer need to use a moisturizer -- this along with my treatments provide all the hydration my skin needs which is great because I HATE the feeling of anything emollient on my face (not to mention that 99% of moisturizers on the market give me closed comedones). While this is indeed a hydrating toner, it is also somewhat of an astringent and works well for me as a "cleanser" in the morning (I rinse with water first) and doing that has also contributed to improving the general condition of my skin.

Thanks to this toner, of all things, I finally feel like I'm getting my skin back to where it was before I started trying too many new products and overdoing the chemical exfoliation. I definitely won't be ditching this ever again as it is genuinely the most valuable player in my bathroom while also being the cheapest where $ is concerned. I will be interested to see how it works in the long-run -- there is not much scientific research to be found on the benefits of witch hazel so time will only tell. Highly recommended -- if it doesn't work for your face be sure to keep it around for bug bites and sun burns. It's a real work horse!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

love anything with witch hazel, makes my face look nice and calm

on 6/6/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite Thayer's witch hazel, although I use unscented aloe Vera for other purposes.
The cucumber seems very moisturizing and smooths my skin. I really like it.
***UPDATE*** I used this for about a month, and I found that my skin was becoming dehydrated and sensitized.
Thayrer's witch hazel is good, and for once a day use it would be ok, but for me, I require something gentler and so, went back to Neutrogena's alcohol free toner.