Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Alcohol-Free Toner

4.4

Purified Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Certified Organic Filet Of Aloe Vera), Glycerin (Vegetable), Hamamelis Virginiana (THAYERS® proprietary un-distilled Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Citric Acid, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate.

on 2/11/2016 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm so disappointed this did not work for me. I love the cucumber smell and it didn't leave my skin stripped or tight but there was a strange sensation when I used it.. not sure how to explain it... maybe a "numbing" sensation? My face broke out in red bumps everywhere and it felt somewhat itchy. I've used the rose petal stuff and never had this problem... nor with the "original" formula (which was too stinky and drying.. because of the alcohol). The packaging is also terrible.. it leaks.. so beware when you travel! Anyways, if I buy Thayers again it will be the rose petal witch hazel because it worked really well for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Honestly...meh. I bought this after trying the rosewater version which I enjoyed far better. This stuff smells really...authentic. If that's what you're into then that's great because it smells like straight up cucumbers.. not my thing. Anyhow, I didn't find anything special about this toner. It's pretty basic. I will be repurchasing the rosewater version if anything.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This thing is amazing awwww. Where have you been?? After 3 times using only, i feel refresh and my skin becomes soft, smooth that I just wanna touch everytime, it amazed me because I've never felt like that in my LIFE. More than that, I can see my pore size reduced, not only after using it, but maintaining for whole day. And must I mention the price? Totally reasonable

on 8/12/2015 11:05:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product, but it broke me out. I started using it every day for almost 2 weeks, and I wasn't sure what was causing my breakouts. My breakouts cleared up after I discontinued use. Although, I do like the rose version of it, so I will continue using that.

It's all natural, fantastic and I think around $7-$12 depending on where you buy it, it has a slight cooling sensation but its not that noticeable, I prefer this one to the rose scented one, the scent is extremely light and goes away after a minute, it does leave a slight sticky feeling though which might bother some people

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've been using the Thayers Alcohol-Free Cucumber, Rose, and Unscented toners off and on since 2010 and I think I'm finally ready to commit and say that they are definitely HG for me. I have oily skin and find the Rose version too hydrating for spring/summer use, but this and the Unscented actually have somewhat of a balancing effect for me. It's also safe to say that I prefer the smell of the former two.

In addition to my relentless oiliness, my skin is very sensitive (prone to rashes, redness, stinging, itching -- you name it!) and clog-prone. Lately I've been dealing with quite a bit of irritation and inflammatory acne due to a failed Finacea experiment among other stupid ideas. I remembered how calm and clear my skin was when I used Thayers on a daily basis and figured it was worth a shot since nothing else seemed to be helping. So far I've been back on the train for about a week and my skin is already so much better. So far my skin is: calmer, more hydrated, smoother, 60% clearer, and void of any new spots.

In addition to the visible benefits, I've noticed that my treatments sink in much better and faster than when I was applying them straight after cleansing. It has also relieved me of a bad case of dehydration and I'm finding that I no longer need to use a moisturizer -- this along with my treatments provide all the hydration my skin needs which is great because I HATE the feeling of anything emollient on my face (not to mention that 99% of moisturizers on the market give me closed comedones). While this is indeed a hydrating toner, it is also somewhat of an astringent and works well for me as a "cleanser" in the morning (I rinse with water first) and doing that has also contributed to improving the general condition of my skin.

Thanks to this toner, of all things, I finally feel like I'm getting my skin back to where it was before I started trying too many new products and overdoing the chemical exfoliation. I definitely won't be ditching this ever again as it is genuinely the most valuable player in my bathroom while also being the cheapest where $ is concerned. I will be interested to see how it works in the long-run -- there is not much scientific research to be found on the benefits of witch hazel so time will only tell. Highly recommended -- if it doesn't work for your face be sure to keep it around for bug bites and sun burns. It's a real work horse!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

love anything with witch hazel, makes my face look nice and calm

on 6/6/2015 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite Thayer's witch hazel, although I use unscented aloe Vera for other purposes.
The cucumber seems very moisturizing and smooths my skin. I really like it.
***UPDATE*** I used this for about a month, and I found that my skin was becoming dehydrated and sensitized.
Thayrer's witch hazel is good, and for once a day use it would be ok, but for me, I require something gentler and so, went back to Neutrogena's alcohol free toner.

on 3/17/2015 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Earlier, I had been using the Lavender version Witch hazel of Thayers. The Cucumber version works better for my face and I realize why - there is no added fragrance in this one.

The Cucumber Witch Hazel toner works really well for my sensitive skin. The natural scent is refreshing and smells like unripe cucumber and some greens. Very spring-y scent. I usually apply the toner only around the nose area, chin and forehead as toner makes my cheek area very dry and scaly. I use the toner after cleansing and before applying moisturizer, and also in the morning after waking up - for a refreshing feel.

This toner has been working very well for my face, compared to Burt's Bees Rosewater toner, Aubreys etc which have alcohol.

Packaging is awful - a lot of the toner just leaks out when the bottle is tipped even a bit!

on 12/4/2014 3:02:00 PM

I love the Thayers Lavender, which is very gentle and smells nice, but got the Cucumber for a change.

Only 3 lippies as I found the cucumber one irritated my face and made it red and tingly (not in a good way) straight away. (I never have that with the lavender one)
The smell is extremely strong, so If you like the smell of raw real cucumber all over your face you will love this one.
This is not like products that say they have cucumber in them but dont smell of it. This one is the real deal with the real smell.

I passed this on to my sister, who also said the smell is a bit overpowering and it stings her eyes, but otherwise she found it very refreashing as a toner, but wouldn't buy it again.