Soap & Glory One Pit Wonder

Soap & Glory One Pit Wonder

4.1

on 5/10/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved the smell of this product. It's pretty awesome. However, I needed to re-apply it throughout the day to stay fresh so it wasn't that useful for me.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this at Target a couple of years ago. But since then, the Soap & Glory line has moved to Sephora and jacked up their prices. And at Sephora, they do not have this deodorant stick.
From what I remember from when I had it, I really liked it. The scent was very nice and girly, and kept me smelling fresh all day. Plus the packaging was really cute. I would recommend this to anyone who can still find it.

I fell in love with this product last year when I purchased it from Target.
But since then I have not been able to find it anywhere? It's scent make it seem good enough to eat...and even though it is not an antiperspirant...it smells so nice that you can put up with a little sweat! I just want to smear it all over my body!
WHERE CAN IT BE PURCHASED NOW THAT TARGET DOESN'T CARRY IT ANY LONGER??
Terry, Grove City, Ohio

I just bought the last 5 packages of this on the shelves at Target on clearance. I never thought I would go back to using less than a clinical strength antiperspirant, let alone a deodorant. But when I use this there's none of that weird sweat-and-deo smell that occurs even with the clinical strengths. The original reason I tried this was that I needed something less irritating than the mainstream brands. The scent is nice, not synthetic or overly strong. I also appreciate that it's aluminum free, the fewer weird chemicals I can put on my body the better. That's about it, and I got it for really cheap on clearance at Target.

on 5/12/2010 2:55:00 PM

Let me get the negatives out of the way. Yes, this is a little pricey, especially compared to ds brands. Also, it's not a hardcore protection deodorant, more like for everyday protection, protecting a reasonable amount of time. To be fair, though, I've never encountered an aluminum free deodorant that could be described as offering hardcore protection. So, the reason I'm taking off a lippie is for the price factor and that it's not a hardcore protection deodorant.
Two little observations that are neither negative nor positive. No, it's not going to protect against sweat; it's not an antiperspirant. (Frankly, I've always found antiperspirants pointless in the Deep South. In the summertime, you get totally covered in sweat often as you just lock your door as you leave for the day, What's the point of attempting sweat-free underarms if you're going to be covered in smelly sweat elsewhere?) Also, something worth noting about this being aluminum free. Being married to a nurse, I've talked to nurses into the healthy, natural body care thing. They say the studies so far are pretty inconclusive when it comes to aluminum free deodorant in terms of disease of any sort--also, given the small amount you ingest with deodorant, if you're going to be worried about aluminum, you should probably be more concerned with aluminum cookware. The all natural body care-inclined nurses and I use aluminum free deodorant more for psychological peace of mind than hard science.
Alright on to the positives. Lovely smell, pretty packaging. No stinging even after shaving, unlike Tom's of Maine for me, which stung me even when I hadn't shaved. Also, while it's still wet when freshly applied, the One Pit looked faintly white-ish, but dried fairly clear on me and is so far pretty sleeveles dress friendly. A lot of aluminum free or more natural-ish deodorants seem to leave serious white crustiness, so I applaud one that isn't crusty and isn't embarrassing while wearing a sleeveless dress. The only reason I'll buy something else is when I have to economize. Anyway, really dig this deodorant to the ludicrous point of saying to my husband, "Hey, smell my armpits, they smell really good."

on 4/6/2010 9:07:00 PM

Delicious!! I can't stop smelling it!! I made everyone at work smell it the other day and they were all like "what is that?? and why does it smell so good??" haha.. it smells very peachy and fresh : ] thank you again, S&G

I really love soap and glory products.Sadly this did not work for me. It's a wonderful smelling deodorant. But I need a little more protection. I'll stick with Antiperspirant Great for ladies that don't sweat much :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I give this deo a 4 star just because I'm very stingy w/ 5 stars ;) . I love this deo - most of all because it smells great - its a sort of fresh floral/perfume fragrance. It is a gel type deodorant. I like that it's aluminum free. It slightly pricier than your average deo but only by a buck or two.

on 12/13/2009 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Note that this is a deodorant, not antiperspirant. It will not help with the sweating. But! This is a pretty good product, minus perspiration protection. The packaging is cute, the names are witty as usual, lasts a good amount of time, and most of all, it smells AMAZING! That goes for all Soap & Glory products, though. They all smell amazing. I've been told be many people that I smell "delicious" whenever they get a whiff of this.

really really amazing scent it smells like the soap and glory hair supply i love that smell :) the packeging is so cool as always it last for ages and is worth the prics. The only problem is that it dosent work like other deoderants it dosnt really stop sweat
xx