Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus SPF 30

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is awful. (What are people reviewingby the way? This is a lotion in a squeeze bottle, not a spray). So greasy that I was afraid of getting it on my clothes, didn't repel anything, and a smell so potent it made me queasy, a sensation I haven't had since I was pregnant. Not a pleasant product.

Does not work! I totally got eaten alive by bugs!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

DO NOT BUY THIS! IT DOESN'T CONTAIN UVA PROTECTION! Unless you want to get skin cancer, wrinkles and discolorations, ofcourse...
I don't recommend this at all -completely useless!

I DO NOT recommend this product for sun protection! It does not contain any of the active ingredients Avobenzone (aka Parsol 1789), zinc oxide, or titanium dioxide. Without one or more of these active ingredients, you're only getting 20% protection from UVA rays at the very most. 20% isn't enough to protect you from sun damage such as wrinkles, discoloration, and worst of all, skin cancer. You're actually putting yourself at higher risk using a sunscreen like this because you allow yourself to be exposed to UVA rays longer, since you're not burning. PLEASE be sure you apply a broad spectrum sunscreen with the active ingredients I mentioned as well as a bug repellent. Avon's other sunscreens are broad spectrum, as long as you get one with at least an SPF 15.

I'm sure as far as SPF goes this will protect your skin, but I could not get past the greasy, sticky feel. I couldn't bear to use it more than twice, and gave it away to a friend.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I thought this product was too greasy. It was like putting stright petroleum jelly on my arms and legs. I liked the smell and I did'nt get any bug problems thoe. If I can get immune to the greasy feeling it would be a good product bug repellant wise.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I never understood why Avon sold a bug guard/sun protection combo until I went South on vacation! In Ohio, it's not a problem that we contend with at the same time!

This may be fine for bug guard, but for sun protection, it does not work! The day I used this, I burned my skin so bad it blistered and peeled! And this was supposed to be SPF 30. I used Coppertone 15 all the other days with no problems at all!!! Girls, don't count on this for sun protection!! It is bad. Also, the container leaked blue sticky gel/lotion all over my bag and dissolved part of the vinyl lining. Very bad experience. I usually like Avon, but now I'm hoping this isn't representative of all their products!

I threw it away!

I like the scent of the cool 'n fabulous version okay. The only thing I noticed was that when I layered it over my Moisture Intensive Therapy Lotion, after everything soaked in and dried and all that, there was a residue left over that flaked off. It does keep bugs away, and is an effective sunscreen, but if you're mostly after the bug effect, I'd use the bath oil instead.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this product for bug repellant. It works good. Price is ok if you get it on sale. This is such a safer alternative than DEET based products. I'd use additional sun protection with this product. I've bought this again and again. Had a friend who went to Canada, out on the lake and couldn't believe how well it protected him and his family from bugs.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A coworker sells Avon and I needed some bugspray with SPF abnyway so for $7.99 (usually it's $9.99, I think) I got the 4 oz. aerosol can of this.

Unscented - so it smells neutral (like propellant??) to me and so far it seems to be working.

I will update my review once we go to the beach.

Popular Lotions / Creams