no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

7 years ago

This stuff is awful. (What are people reviewingby the way? This is a lotion in a squeeze bottle, not a spray). So greasy that I was afraid of getting it on my clothes, didn't repel anything, and a smell so potent it made me queasy, a sensation I haven't had since I was pregnant. Not a pleasant product.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGray

7 years ago

A coworker sells Avon and I needed some bugspray with SPF abnyway so for $7.99 (usually it's $9.99, I think) I got the 4 oz. aerosol can of this. <br> Unscented - so it smells neutral (like propellant??) to me and so far it seems to be working. <br> I will update my review once we go to the beach.

About reviewer (2440 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

This stuff was pretty good. I now live in Florida where bugs and sun are a daily concern. I would put this on in the morning and then would go to theme park for a few hours and I wouldn't get burnt or bit. I even wore this for an hour on the beach this week and the half of me that was covered by this (I ran out halfway through application) didn't get burnt. My complaints are it's a bit on the sticky side, and it does not layer well under makeup. But other than that it's a fairly decent sunblock and bug protector.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

I live in Australia and we have warm weather pretty constantly, with a little bit of winter, (no snow, only in the mountains) in Melbourne. Our summers are pretty severe. I and a lot of others really LOVE this product! We believe it does work. When "Charlottes Web" remake was made in Victoria, Australia, the cast actually used this product. This is really good for little people (children). Perfume is absolutely great and you do not feel greasy after application. As a sunscreen you need to apply a couple of hours apart so as not to let the sun get to unprotected skin, like any other sunscreen. Cost wise, really good when on special, stock up. Only 2 things Avon could do to make it better. Larger bottle and a tiny bit thicker lotion. It is convenient enough size to put into your handbag to take anywhere and fragrance could actually be a perfume. As I said absolutely LOVE IT. Hope you all have a good summer as we are going into winter.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesOther

1.0

11 years ago

Does not work! I totally got eaten alive by bugs!

About reviewer (136 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

from

14 years ago

I purchased this for the first time a few years ago, when my then-baby's sensitive skin couldn't handle any other sunscreen (besides Clarins, which is sadly too expensive for us). I liked the fact that, in addition to a good SPF factor, this contained protection from bugs as well. I've been using it on my kids (now ages 3 and 6) with absolutely no complaints. Initially, I bought the "Cool Blue" style, but honestly, it makes a terrible mess and smells sickly sweet. The regular style (white bottle with orange cap) is fine. It's very easy to put on a good layer of it. You do have to be careful (as with any other product) to avoid getting it into eyes (last summer my then-two-year-old kept rubbing it into them by accident and he'd be miserable). However, I can honestly say my kids have (a) never had a negative skin reaction to it, and (b) have never gotten sunburnt or bug-bitten while wearing it. I do advise (as with any other sun product) reapplication after swimming and/or a long period of time in the sun. But this product holds up really well to my active boys, and the price is really reasonable. The tube looks small but lasts quite some time. I tend to purchase four tubes in May and they usually last me for most of the summer (I keep one or two at home, one in the diaper bag, etc.).

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

14 years ago

I'm highly allergic to DET (the main ingredient in almost all bug repellents) and this works wonderfully. It is runny but for not having any bug bites, it's a compromise.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry

HairRed

15 years ago

LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! It comes in a pump or a spray can. You can get it super cheap on sale. I use the can with the kids at school and it is not greasy at all. Perfect and easy. The pump I use on my own varmints at home at at the pool. It is oily like the SSS oil, but it stays on very well and has a pleasent scent. This is the best stuff ever. If the pump is too greasy try the can.......

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

15 years ago

I'm sure as far as SPF goes this will protect your skin, but I could not get past the greasy, sticky feel. I couldn't bear to use it more than twice, and gave it away to a friend.

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

15 years ago

I LOVE this stuff! It is Deet free, so I can put it on my baby, and I can hold my baby while wearing it without the worry of poisoning him. It keeps the bugs off. The pump does have a greasy feel, but it's not so bad to me, but the aerosol is GREAT! It doesn't leave that greasy feel at all & works just as good!

About reviewer (200 reviews)

Age19-24