Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

3.9

(((SAFTEY RATING OF 5 ON SKIN DEEP))) Water, phenyl trimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, PEG-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimenthicone, glycerin, butylene glycol, sodium chloride, vinyl dimemthicone/mythilcone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, talc, cetyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, disrteardimonium hectorite, silica, dimenthicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, stearic acid, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium edta, dimenthicone/vinyl dimenthicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, aluminum hydroxide, biosacchride gum-2, tin oxide, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, hydrolyzed linseed extract, copper gluconate, rhodochrosite extract, sorbic acid. /- may contain: mica, CI 77002 (aluminum hydroxide) CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Having tried nearly every concealer going and never being satisfied, I've realized this is probably as close to HG status I'll ever get. Although I have very dark circles, made even worse by the fact that I have deep set eyes, thick concealers such as Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier just look awful on me. Yes, they provide the coverage I want but they look so cakey and even though I'm late twenties I already have some fine lines around my eyes which thick concealers only accentuate. However, this concealer is so light, it literally feels like water on the skin and like an eye treatment rather than a concealer. I would say the coverage is medium - it covers well and is not thick and cakey in the slightest. I always make sure to have a good supply of this for fear it will be discontinued and I'll have to start my search for a good under eye concealer again. I reckon ladies with dry or mature skin would love this!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is an excellent concealer! I've recently had some dark circles under my eyes, and my other go-to concealers just weren't doing the job. They were either too light to cover, or made fine lines look more prominent. I got 002 beige, which was a perfect color match for me, and this just seems to blend into my skin and disappear, yet it covers the dark circles. Just this one product made my makeup all come together and look polished.

As far as some of the reviews that say this concealer is too thick, I wonder if they are reviewing another Dior concealer in the wrong place? This is just a normal consistency and spreads very easily.

This is true love - now I have worked out how to use it properly on me...

Yes it is expensive but truly the teeniest-tiniest bit goes such a long way I can see this being with me for nearly forever. Love the tube packaging and hygenic nozzle. I'm NC15 and 001 Ivory is perfect for me.

It took me a few attempts to master the best most foolproof and flawless application for this product. I apply a little (tiny) dollop in my palm and warm up, then dot on very lightly under my eyes and blend in with my fingers. I have found this goes on best before foundation while skin is still slightly moist from face cream or primer. Once patted in and given a few minutes to set while I do eye makeup I can easily apply foundation over the top with no chance of caking up or balling with another liquid.

Oh and it stays in place and lasts all day looking smooth...

(Arm swatch above is 001 Ivoire/Ivory)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Creases like a...yeah. Twelve letters. Sounds like "brothertrucker". If you're that keen on owning something with DIOR slapped on it, may I suggest pretty much anything else from the line? Lipstick. Blush. Shadow palettes. Even foundation. This concealer may be more compatible with a drier skin, but I personally need something that's going to stay put and offer some actual coverage in the bargain. Lancome Effacernes, Maybelline Age Rewind, Collection Lasting Perfection...my track record with undereye camouflage is a joke, but these represent the best luck I've had so far. Godspeed, my oily-combo sisters.

The best thing about this concealer, for me, is the texture. I have dry skin and A LOT of concealers and foundations look super cakey on me. This, however, blends easily and looks amazingly natural (probably because it doesn't dry to a powder finish.) The coverage is light, which I prefer for covering redness on my face, but it's far too sheer to use on my zombie-like dark circles. The only real downside for me is that it doesn't last very well. My skin doesn't really "eat" product, but after 6-8 hours, it's started to disappear, particularly from my nose.

The packaging is also great. It's just a simple squeeze-tube, but I think that's simpler and more hygienic than a doe-foot applicator or pot.

Overall, I like this concealer and will happily use it up, and may one day re-purchase it, but I'm going to look for something better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is too light for covering undereye dark circles, although it does not cake or crease, as compared to some others such as Bobby Brown concealer, Maybelline mineral concealer, Revlon concealer stick, Benefit Erase Paste)

It's an okay concealer but it does not cover a lot and wears off easily so its definitely not worth the price. Better concealers can be found at the drugstore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't have too much experience with under-eye concealers but I can say this one does everything I would want it to. I bought it in shade 001 and my actual skin tone is probably closer to that of 002 but I wanted it to be a bit lighter to give a "highlighting" look. This concealer does that while covering up dark circles and it doesn't crack throughout the day or completely fade away either. It's expensive but I believe in getting what I pay for and this product is just that.

P.S. I probably wouldn't suggest this to be used to cover scars or acne as it has a kind of dewy look and would only draw attention to those imperfections.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

It is not a miracle product but it conceals my dark circles better than other products, without turning them into purple circles. I also notice it stays intact on my skin for long hours, as opposed to cheaper concealers. I would switch if I found something better but for the time being I'm sticking with it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wanted to like this, really I did. It was recommended for aging, drier undereye skin. I picked it up at the Nordstrom Cosmetics Trend Show extravaganza so at least I got $15 off the price. I guess I should have been tipped off right away when the color seemed a bit dark, but the SA encouraged me to try it, saying it would blend in perfectly. Well, it didn't.

It's a bit heavier than what I was using before (NARS stick and pan). The tube is nice as it's easy to control the amount you use.

After first applying it seemed okay, but looking at it an hour or two later was horrific! It had sunk into all the little lines under my eyes, emphasizing even the tiniest of wrinkles like nothing I have ever used before. I have never looked this bad!

This is going back, never to enter my collection again. Sorry Dior.