Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive

(((SAFTEY RATING OF 5 ON SKIN DEEP))) Water, phenyl trimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, PEG-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimenthicone, glycerin, butylene glycol, sodium chloride, vinyl dimemthicone/mythilcone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, talc, cetyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, disrteardimonium hectorite, silica, dimenthicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, stearic acid, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium edta, dimenthicone/vinyl dimenthicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, aluminum hydroxide, biosacchride gum-2, tin oxide, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, hydrolyzed linseed extract, copper gluconate, rhodochrosite extract, sorbic acid. /- may contain: mica, CI 77002 (aluminum hydroxide) CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not by nature a high-end makeup kinda gal. But this was recently on offer on Feel Unique and as I had some pennies burning a hole in my pocket, I thought I'd splash the cash and give it a go. Sadly like a number of other reviewers here, I didn't like this at first and thought I'd wasted my money, finding it too thick to work with in my under eye area. But also like others I've persevered and have worked out the best way to use it for me. And now I really like it!

I find the best way for me is to apply a couple of very small dots to the darker areas of my under eye and then leave them for about a minute to warm up (I usually do my eye makeup or something whilst I'm waiting). After that, I gently tap at it to spread it out and work at it gently until it's evenly distributed and looking smooth.

This leaves my under eye area looking really light and dewy and best of all it lasts all day. I don't use this as a concealer on the rest of my face however as I find it's a bit too 'sparkly' for that and does have a tendency to leave odd looking light patches no matter how much you try and blend it out.

This is my favourite concealer, it covers spots, evens skin tone,disguises pores and gives a flawless, glowing, dewy finish. I use both the lightest shade number 1 and the medium number 2 depending on if I'm wearing fake tan. It only comes in three shades , which isn't ideal. It is quite expensive , but a little bit does go a long way. Another thing you can do is mix it with your foundation, to give an all over full coverage. It is a thick concealer, which can make it difficult to work with but I have such problem skin, I need a substantial concealer. I use a concealer brush to apply it which makes it easier to work with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is too light for covering undereye dark circles, although it does not cake or crease, as compared to some others such as Bobby Brown concealer, Maybelline mineral concealer, Revlon concealer stick, Benefit Erase Paste)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is currently something inbetween MAC NW15 and NW20. I am usually using as allround concealer the Select Cover Up from MAC in NW20. In winter I usually get paler than that and also drier. If I wasnt suffering from the dry weather, I would probably buy NW15 as well and would mix them together to get the right shade. As the Select Cover Up can accentuare dry patches sometimes, I was searching for something hydrating and a bit lighter in color.

This concealer is perfect, the color (001 Ivory) is just right - a tiny little bit lighter than NW20, but not as pale as NW15. The coverage is medium I would say, bit less heavy than Select Cover Up, but still very good and buildabe.

The finish is super natural and it does not accentuate lines in the eye area and it also does not make dry patches (ex spots) visible and even more dry. I definitely see the hydrating effect there without making the spot/dry patch oily or super shiny. It is only healthy even skin that is left behind.

Edit: Just wanted to add, that i tried several brushed with this concealer - MAC 217 and 286 and Real techniques ones and have to say that you achieve best results when applied with fingers. It blends more easily and looks like skin with nothing on (given you have the right shade).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Pros:
* Looks really natural
* Blends effortlessly
* Doesn't crease
* Good staying power
* Hygienic tube
* Generous amount of product
* Moisturizing
* Can stand on its own unlike some others that look out of place without foundation.

Cons:
* Coverage is not that great
* Poor color selection (3 shades - Ivory, Beige and Honey)

Overall: this concealer has plenty good points as long as you don't need much coverage and can find a decent color match. I'm about N10 and Ivory was good enough to look natural but didn't brighten my face up.
I'll use it up but most certainly won't repurchase!

Edit: Finally I went back to it after a couple of unfortunate expensive purchases. Investing to a good illuminator to go with it was the best move.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a very high quality product, but I will not be purchasing it again. I love most things Dior, and I really do like a lot of things about their Nude concealer, such as:

1. The color 001 is a perfect match for my NW15 skin
2. This product never broke me out or irritated my dry, sensitive rosacea skin
3. It blends perfectly on my face
4. A little bit goes a long way! I've had the same tube since May or June or this year and I'm not even halfway through. I wear concealer anywhere from 1 - 4 times a week, if that helps.
5. In a pinch, I have actually blended this with a bunch of moisturizer and worn it as a TM, and it looked pretty darn good.

However, this concealer settles in the fine lines beneath my eyes. At first, I didn't really notice, but over the past month (maybe as the weather has changed and my skin has become more dry?) I began to see that the Nude emphasizes what I'm trying to hide! I look younger than I am usually, but when I wear this product, I feel like it shows my fine lines off, so to speak, and for $30 a tube that's just not okay! Again, I like a lot of things about this concealer and I will likely finish the tube up when I cover blemishes and redness. But I just purchased Hourglass's Hidden concealer, which has a much creamier, more substantial texture than Dior's slightly more liquid one. It covers up my fine lines and brightens the undereye area in a way Dior's product does not. So for now, I'm not likely to repurchase this concealer, but I do recommend that others test it out for themselves first.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My skin is highly reactive, very sensitive and acne-prone, dehydrated by Accutane and has a few PIHs to cover, as well as dark undereye circles. This concealer was a miss for me. Let's start by its positive points: the coverage is medium-full, it lasts for more than 12 hours on my skin if it's set with powder or at least 6 hours if not, it doesn't contain perfume, sunscreen or alcohol which can all make my skin react badly, it feels nice on and blends in like a dream. However it also has my biggest pet peeve with all concealers and foundations: it oxidizes into a horrible orange shade 3 minutes after it's out of the tube. I bought this in 002, and the color match was almost spot on for my cheeks, without excessive yellow or pink tones, albeit being warmtoned overall. I normally apply the concealer with a blending brush much like the ways of Pixiwoo, and by the time I get half of my cheek done, the concealer's shade has already become peachy-orange. After powdering, it becomes a totally different undertone than my neck which is particularly yellow (I have the common problem of the face-neck color difference which requires me to use a darker toned foundation/concealer to not look like I'm wearing a mask). It looks somewhat natural in my bathroom light, but the undertone difference is multiplied by 100 when I take a flash picture or when I am under strong lighting. I love this concealer however I'm just so sad that is cannot work for me. Overall this is a great concealer if you normally have peachy undertones or if you only use this on the smallest area.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
Great coverage
Moisturizing for undereye
Stays on
Does not cake
Glows
Concentrated- took me more than a year to finish the tube

Cons:
Color is a little off in the summer- I have to blend beige with honey.

My favorite concealer, and I have tried many (Chanel, kat Von d, amazing, Laura mercier, physicians formula, etc) .

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My HG concealer It does not crease around the eyes like every other concealer I've ever used!!! I love it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use both 001 & 002, mixing them to get my shade. It covers well, but tends to crease a little. Also, Dior removed the perfumey smell that the previous version had, and now the liquid is a bit stinky. Yet to find a better undereye concealer, though.