Dior Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Other

(((SAFTEY RATING OF 5 ON SKIN DEEP))) Water, phenyl trimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimenthicone, PEG-9, polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimenthicone, glycerin, butylene glycol, sodium chloride, vinyl dimemthicone/mythilcone, silsesquioxane crosspolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, titanium dioxide, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, talc, cetyl dimethicone, sorbitan sesquioleate, disrteardimonium hectorite, silica, dimenthicone crosspolymer, phenoxyethanol, alumina, sodium myristoyl glutamate, stearic acid, propylene carbonate, tetrasodium edta, dimenthicone/vinyl dimenthicone crosspolymer, ascorbyl glucoside, aluminum hydroxide, biosacchride gum-2, tin oxide, magnesium aspartate, zinc gluconate, hydrolyzed linseed extract, copper gluconate, rhodochrosite extract, sorbic acid. /- may contain: mica, CI 77002 (aluminum hydroxide) CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (iron oxides), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide)

Discontinued since 2016. However the department stores still have testers and the website still shows it. Some shops are still trying to sell dark shades. Someone else said 'Helena Rubinsteins Magic Concealer in 01 light' is comparable to this in 001 ivory, but I have compared the two on my hand and they are not the same colour. HR is more dull neutral beige compared to Dior ivory which is a brighter pinky peach. I'm looking for a concealer to use without foundation. This Dior melted into skin and was invisible but concealing. (Would be perfect without the fragrance.) Not so with HR which is just like all the others. It is good and non irritating to eyes though.

My search goes on. I'd love some help. Dior haven't replied to my email. It's so infuriating that they sell a new concealer (called Forever) in the USA but not in the UK. But I prefer the squeezy tube anyway. I hope they bring out a new tube of hydrating concealer in exactly the current shade of 001 Ivory. The most perfect shade to cover the dark bits of my white English complexion.

Love this concealer! I use it under and around the eyes and I am absolutely pleased with it. Stays put without creeping into lines and doesn't get cakey at all for a good 18 hours. Coverage is high (and much higher than any drugstore concealer I tried), however, don't expect it to be a camouflage concealer. It looks very natural on me and blends out perfectly. I apply it with a concealer brush, blend it out with my fingers and dust a colorless setting podwer (Make up Forever HD Powder) on top. I highly recommend setting it with a very finely milled, colorless powder - I think this makes all the difference and holds it in place. Shade 001 Ivory compares to Helena Rubinsteins Magic Concealer in 01 light (which is another fantastic concealer).

Pros: light, hydrating
Cons: medium coverage

I only use this concealer for on the spot treatment for the odd pimple that turns and stays a dark red after it's gone. I don't pick at or scratch my pimples so I'm not sure why this happens, which often takes a month to clear up. I usually have to dab it twice so if you're looking for something heavier then I don't recommend this. I like that it's nice and light and feels like I'm putting on lotion as opposed to makeup.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know what took me so long to try this! i'm a concealer junkie and for some reason i have just now, at 26, discovered this and want to tell eberyone about it but everyone already knows.. (like pilgrims excited over "their" new world american indians have already known and appreciated the bounties of the land for millennia) and not i have eczema that every few weeks springs up around my eyes (horrible! and it's not from allergies to products) so the skin around my eyes is really dry and easily irritated as well as horrible dark circles that are hereditary as well as from my allergies AND the eczema has left some hyperpigmentation around my eyes as well (lucky me.. *sigh*) and this wonderful product is like magic! As i said, everybody already knows all about this so there's not much i can say that hasn't already been said. I really debated over a 4 or 5 lippie rating (which, to me, is saying a lot) and I settled (probably unfairly) with a 4, even though it's a 5 compared to many concealers I've tried but still isn't absolutely perfect, but mostly because of my fantasy of the coveted, possibly nonexistent, 5 lippie HG concealer.. it's gotta be out there somewhere.. right?.. right!?!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product creases like crazy, no matter how much I apply! It does nothing to cover my dark circles. I also found the colors to be an artificial looking yellow. I have pretty warm-toned skin too. No bueno IME!