Chanel Comedia

1 review

on 11/9/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My first Chanel lipstick. I am not a great buyer or wearer of lipstick so the product has to be good. I have a bow mouth, blue eyes, cool-toned pink skin, and some colors look ghastly or gorey on me. This color is absolutely classy, gorgeous, and girlish at the same time that it is womanly. The texture is creamy, silky smooth, and I apply it on recently exfoliated lips because this lipstick is not like a drugstore find. It is a highly rated, pigmented treasure encased in gold and black, and it sits proudly on the glass shelf in my private bath so that I can see it even if I don't use it.

The color is medium rose pink that borders on raspberry without being blue. There is a gold sheen to it that highlights my skin and eyes. The name, Comedia, brought to my mind, the sense of fun and frolic that the somewhat complex color creates on my lips (somewhat rose pigmented already). The product stays on my lips; it doesn't drift, or fade or disappear after an hour.

Worth $30? Yes, this one is. Others may not be. I have searched for a good rose lipstick, from MAC to Bobbi Brown, Cover Girl, Revlon, Lancome. The cost in wasted lipsticks was much more than if I'd gotten it right the first time. However, this shade just came out in the fall of 2009 (Venice Collection) so I guess I was just waiting and ripe and ready for it.

I will use this lipstick all fall, winter, and into the spring. But on the first truly hot (90 degrees and above) day, it goes into a special bag in the refrigerator. No sense ruining my Comedia with tears.