Korres Guava Lipstick (Any Shade)

Korres Guava Lipstick (Any Shade)
Guava Lipstick (Any Shade)

on 12/15/2017 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I’ve always been a big fan of Korres’s makeup and skincare but this did not quite meet my expectation. The smell and the texture remind me of Essence lipsticks. It’s creamy but not sticky, yes, but it is not very smooth when I apply on my dry lips, so I don’t see it to be as moisturizing as other reviews have said. This is a standard lipstick in small volume. I bought it as a trio kit where I got natural purple, wine red and rose. In total it costs £13 and delivery for £2 from tk maxx so each lipstick is £5 for me. I’d say it’s an acceptable price considering that it is hard to get hands on Korres makeup in the uk. The best things about this are the pigmentation and the color. But to be honest, it is not to be used on its own as a balm; it does not make lip lines disappear like some other moisturizing lipsticks e.g. YSL’s do. It is a lipstick that doesn’t dry lips out but won’t moisturize chapped lips. I am only disappointed because I expected too much. Packaging is so-so because when I opened my lipstick the lipstick itself was damaged. It is not that it’s been used because the top part is fine so I imagine that it’d look horrible after sometime. The container is slim and the design is pretty, just like other Korres products. Might not buy again but when it’s on discount I’d buy, only for the color.

on 1/19/2015 7:04:00 PM

Yes yes yes.
Its THAT good and really good prices as well. Texture is amazing, limited shades but really nice ones! Lasts long, feels soft and looks sooo good.
A must have. I must have it anyway.

on 12/23/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best lipstick i've ever tried!Ii have it in "55" and it's the best red EVER!!!The texture is wonderfull and te smell!!!I can't stop smelling it!!And it doesnt go off or leave marks on the glasses etc...Perfect!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in Wine Red, which is a gorgeous red and a great lippie. I'm not normally a red lips girl- the only time I actually wore this out in public was during Halloween, as a part of my outfit. But my own shyness aside, this lippie is fabulous. It's matte and long lasting- layered over Urban Decay Ozone liner, it lasted 3 hours, even with drinking. At the same time, it's not dry or chalky feeling. The look is velvety and deep but not too dark for pale skin. The color is definitely red- not purpleish or orangey. If I ever want to wear a red, this is the one I would reach for.

on 11/9/2009 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Come to think about it, almost every single review of a matte lipstick I read, from the expensive MAC stuff to the cheap Revlon, goes like "well, it's matte, which essentially means it's drying, so grab the balm etc etc". I've even written a couple of those myself. So the best thing about this product in my opinion is the fact that it has something new to offer: a velvety matte finish combined with moisturizing properties combined with excellent pigmentation. For that this product is a winner to me.
This lipstick comes nicely packaged in a slim, sturdy dark brown tube; think MAC Slimshines. It also smells a lot like the typical MAC stuff. It goes on creamy, nice and smooth. Doesn't settle right into the cracks of my lips, like other matte lipsticks tend to do. It covers them evenly and goes on completely opaque, because it is richly pigmented, and true to color. What you see in the tube is pretty much what you get (however the same does not necessarily apply for the shade stickers underneath so don't judge by them). Gives a beautiful velvety finish. It also conditions lips so you don't need balm underneath. You can slap this right on. Furthermore the color is quite stable, doesn't bleed or smear and if you're careful as you apply I don't think a liner is necessary.
To sum things up, these are definitely worth trying. My new HG lipstick, and it offers some nice shades to choose from which I'll take full advantage of.